How is the quality on LTD Guitars?

Pretty awesome guitars. Best bang for the buck for sure. I've had a lot and they're always awesome. The 1000 series and similar level signature series are amazing.

I said this on another forum. I actually liked my LTD Snakebyte as much as a $6000 KL Explorer in terms of pure playability.

I picked up a st-213 and ec-256 recently and have been more than happy with them. The electronics may not have been my cup of tea, but they are built much better than I would have expected for sub $300 guitars. A few tweaks and they compare with guitars that cost much more IMHO.

Adam of Angels here on the boards is selling an ESP Eclipse II in Snow White for $1200. A bit more than a new EC-1000, but you're getting a true ESP.

That's not to say the LTD stuff isn't good or anything. Just sharing some info :). Adam says he's looking for trades, but I bet he'd sell it if you asked.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=185910

flatheads_4ever":2id9veo8 said:
I'm interested in a LTD EC-401 or possibly EC-1000 Eclipse model. In general, how's the quality of the LTD line?

Ed

Every one I have played are nice and I think some are even nicer than others. I had an LTD EC-401 years ago and was one of the best guitars I've ever owned as far as playability and tone and I've had USA Charvels, Gibsons, etc., etc.

big_aug":1zlk5g1w said:
Pretty awesome guitars. Best bang for the buck for sure. I've had a lot and they're always awesome. The 1000 series and similar level signature series are amazing.

I said this on another forum. I actually liked my LTD Snakebyte as much as a $6000 KL Explorer in terms of pure playability.

No shit?
That's cool to hear, they have a lot of ltd's left handed than other guitar brands, I just got an eII horizon that I'm in love with, but always had my eye on the snakebyte or new vulture.

I'm very happy in general with their 600 & 1000 series guitars that start with a W serial number & are MIK. If you're looking to spend under $700 on a used guitar this is the place to be.

If you can spend $900-1200 I recommend holding out for a used ESP. They are better.

I have a thread talking about my JH-600 vs. my Kiso Hanneman. You pay a lot for that last 10%. For the money I can't recommend a JH-600 enough if you want a super strat, and you can find them used for around $600.
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=182249

LunatiBSW":18qh4umt said:
big_aug":18qh4umt said:

No shit?
That's cool to hear, they have a lot of ltd's left handed than other guitar brands, I just got an eII horizon that I'm in love with, but always had my eye on the snakebyte or new vulture.

Yea man, LTDs are amazing for the money. I have an LTD Vulture right now and it's bad ass. The satin finish has ruined me. It's hard to enjoy a gloss guitar after you get used to that smooth satin.

I've had three LTD Snakebytes and all were awesome. I keep trading/selling shit like a moron though. The playability is there and the hardware is pretty much exactly the same as the ESP models. Were the LTDs "better" than my KL Explorer? Of course not. The KL was more a work of art than simply an instrument though. If you just want a guitar that plays great, then an LTD is going to get you there.

I have an EC1000 (used to have more), and 2 401's left. My main of the three is a 401 with Dimarzio 36th anniversary p'ups, a full thickness body, and 22 frets. I put Schaller locking tuners on it as well. I take that every time over the 1000. It's all a matter of preference, but the only real upgrades I see with jump from the 401 to the 100 is a nicer finish and locking tuners. YMMV.

Regardless, great guitars for the money.

There are some really great Ltd.'s out there but IMO I would buy a used ESP Standard over a new Ltd. if the prices were similar. The old ESP Standards are just killer.

jlb32":3u6l824p said:
There are some really great Ltd.'s out there but IMO I would buy a used ESP Standard over a new Ltd. if the prices were similar. The old ESP Standards are just killer.

true dat....but....i scored mine on craigslist for 300....bang for the buck ratio is pure win....

Just buy a used LTD. So cheap and so awesome. They're everywhere. TONS of 1000 series in the $400-500 range. Lots of signature series in the $500-700 range as well.

I picked up a cheap ec-256 off GC used last year and was surprised how good it felt and resonated. I had a bone nut done, and the frets leveled and set up. The pickups were garbage but I had a set of bkp's sitting around. So $600 all in and it's a badass lol. It would be easier to buy a 1000 series with emg's/sd's and better tuners, but I like modding them how I like em.

flatheads_4ever":3t4c768j said:
I pretty sure I'll change the pickups. I hate EMG's... but maybe they work well in these guitars

me to....i do like the 60 in the neck on mine, but I have never liked the 81. thinking about the 18 volt mod just to see if it makes a difference for the good.....

Spend the extra $$$ and buy an E-II... the money is well spent for the made in Japan quality and attention to detail. The fret work on the E-II guitars alone is worth the extra cash.

The higher end LTDs are nice... but for the $$$ spend a bit more and get an E-II. I've got a couple and they are spectacular and pretty consistent.

I recently purchased a Bill Kelliher LTD and I have to say the quality is definitely there. Extremely happy with the feel and craftsmanship.

Back