MIM Hendrix Strat pickup advice

mrcak

Banned
Great guitar. I put a Super-Vee Bladerunner bridge on it that is a big upgrade. The PU's are good but the shrill bridge PU is unbearable. At the moment it's not wired to a tone control, which makes things worse.

I'm considering the new Seymour Duncan Hendrix PU's in a pre-wired pickguard, or, I already own a Duncan pre-wired pickguard (sans PU's) and I got a JB JR (bridge) and two Lil 59's (neck/ middle)

Any advice appreciated. :thumbsup:

I was just thinking the SD Hendrix pickguard and then read your whole post. :) I love Seymour Duncan pickups and I'm sure they did a lot of research to get a great emulation of the tones he used.

BTW, I'm getting one of those prewired Seymour Duncan pickguards soon myself for my strat. Looks like the same color as yours. I'm getting the "Classic" loaded pickguard which has the solderless setup and noiseless. The pickups are a noiseless version of the pickups David Gilmour has used. I'm looking for a classic tone like Pink Floyd/U2 and people say those SSL pickups are great.

romanianreaper":3dbuooel said:
I was just thinking the SD Hendrix pickguard and then read your whole post. :) I love Seymour Duncan pickups and I'm sure they did a lot of research to get a great emulation of the tones he used.

BTW, I'm getting one of those prewired Seymour Duncan pickguards soon myself for my strat. Looks like the same color as yours. I'm getting the "Classic" loaded pickguard which has the solderless setup and noiseless. The pickups are a noiseless version of the pickups David Gilmour has used. I'm looking for a classic tone like Pink Floyd/U2 and people say those SSL pickups are great.

Been looking at this site. Have lots of cool stuff-

http://www.siglermusiconline.com/collec ... pickguards

that's a cool site. if your wanting to save a little...gfs offers a hendrix style set that's supposed to be pretty damn good for the money.

best Hendrixian sounding pickups i have ever owned played etc. are the Lollar Blackface set. Make sure to get the hi output bridge that they put in the nash guitars.

Zoso1973":2pm43psu said:
best Hendrixian sounding pickups i have ever owned played etc. are the Lollar Blackface set. Make sure to get the hi output bridge that they put in the nash guitars.

I have never played that pickup but the Lollar Imperials I have are awesome! I had never heard Lollars before and got a custom made guitar a few months ago with those in it and was blown away.

Ordered this from Sigler's Music. Also some lefty Hipshot Tuners, Tusq nut.Then Hendrix Strat goes off to tech.

Back