Gelvin Guitars - heard of them? played one?

pasinbyyou

I found this guy on youtube. He makes some nice guitars (expensive, but who doesn't make expensive ones these days). He makes one piece, solid custom made guitars. Solid Korina, etc.

But, the thing that really turned me on to looking at this company was the Pickups. He has a Variable Inductive Pickup - So, with the flip of a switch, you can make your passive humbucker sound like a PAF output type, all the way to a higher output JB or Dirty Fingers Pickup.

Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone has played one of these guitars. The demo's sound really good, and thye a range of prices for guitars $800 to $4300. The one I was considering was $1000.

An no, I am not sponsored by the guy, don't know much other than what I have seen on Youtube and read on the website (http://www.gelvinguitars.com/) just wanting to see if anyone has played one.

Thanks!

Hypoallergenic fretwire? That's cool! I never considered the possibility of allergic reactions to traditional fretwire. I'm not really into the body shapes, but they do look nice regardless. Just not for me based on the stock photos. Perhaps a real life look would change my mind.

I have no idea what he means by hypoallergenic - but yes, i was considering buying one of these but i really hat buying guitars without playing one.

But, for $1000 - for a custom made guitar that's really nothing....but still, not like i'm flush with cash.

I do believe you can buy pickups...I have an Ibanez that really needs new pickups..

Back