Mesa Boogie Triple Crown users ?

Yea. He does great videos. No bs too. Just wondering if anyone else here is got one n their thoughts ?
Live n home.

I remember a thread where people were ragging on it a lot, saying it sounded generic and shit like that. Personally, I think it sounds real good. It's a well-made and well-designed amp, and Mesa Boogie doesn't seem to be getting enough credit for such a badass and *relatively* affordable 3 channel amp. The cleans are really good, the crunch is great, and the third channel is awesome. Maybe others would disagree, but the tone sounds a bit smoother in some way than the Mark V. My first impression of it was that it's an Electradyne evolved. To me it also has a better feel than a Mark V or Dual Rect. I need to spend more time with it to tell you more, but I could give a shit what anyone complains about it at this point because I think it's really freaking good.

I haven't played one in person, but all the videos I've seen so far on it sound really good. Definitely interested in picking one up.

When I played it I couldn't help feel that channel 3 tight really reminded me of a Diezel.

I have one, I love this amp. It sounds really organic and tight. I don't think it sounds anything like my Vh4, In a lot of respect it has a tighter snappier feel close to my Jpc+. The Vh4 is a different animal, I wouldn't say better just different. I would say dollar for dollar out of my 20 something plus heads This is the most cost effective and in my opinion one of the best. The sound is amazing Consistent and i don't know if its because its 50 watts i feel the sweet spot is a lot easier to control and wider.

Perfect mix, chewy, Tight, Easy to play, Harmonic
etc etc

SavageRiffer":3onzz6gi said:
I remember a thread where people were ragging on it a lot, saying it sounded generic and shit like that. Personally, I think it sounds real good. It's a well-made and well-designed amp, and Mesa Boogie doesn't seem to be getting enough credit for such a badass and *relatively* affordable 3 channel amp. The cleans are really good, the crunch is great, and the third channel is awesome. Maybe others would disagree, but the tone sounds a bit smoother in some way than the Mark V. My first impression of it was that it's an Electradyne evolved. To me it also has a better feel than a Mark V or Dual Rect. I need to spend more time with it to tell you more, but I could give a shit what anyone complains about it at this point because I think it's really freaking good.

Rez was the one that said it was generic. I got to try it briefly and thought it was good, especially turned up somewhat loud. I think I would have liked it better with a boost, but I thought it was a solid amp all around.

The features look great and the clips sound great. I'd love to have one, I just have too many amps on my bucket list...

-is it just me or does it seem MESA comes out with a new amp every 6 months, lots of hype before hand, than it just kinda fades away, and if it doesnt go over well, they phase it out, I have not played one, but isn't it supposed to be a "better Marshall"? if that's the case, that category of amps is over saturating the market right now, and if it hasn't got something unique to offer, it just gets thrown on the pile, MESA has so many amps that its hard to keep track, I like the ELECTRA DYNE,...I think that if it had a better master volume control I'd like it even more. Or!!.. Better yet, take the power scaling, attenuator or whatever it is on the TRANS ATLANTIC, put that along with a usable MV, maybe even throw bigger iron in it so it can take any power tube.

-POOF!!!-
-winner,winner chicken dinner-
-i'd buy that amp-

sg guy":1ml2alcz said:
-is it just me or does it seem MESA comes out with a new amp every 6 months, lots of hype before hand, than it just kinda fades away, and if it doesnt go over well, they phase it out, I have not played one, but isn't it supposed to be a "better Marshall"? if that's the case, that category of amps is over saturating the market right now, and if it hasn't got something unique to offer, it just gets thrown on the pile, MESA has so many amps that its hard to keep track, I like the ELECTRA DYNE,...I think that if it had a better master volume control I'd like it even more. Or!!.. Better yet, take the power scaling, attenuator or whatever it is on the TRANS ATLANTIC, put that along with a usable MV, maybe even throw bigger iron in it so it can take any power tube.

-POOF!!!-
-winner,winner chicken dinner-
-i'd buy that amp-

Every 6 months? No. The Electra Dyne came out in 2009. The Royal Atantic 2012 or 13? I wouldn't count all the different Mark amps as a new amp, it's all still Mark Series. Mesa's Bread & Butter are the Mark and Recto. After that the Lonestar has been somewhat a success and the Express to a lesser degree. All the other amps they made didn't hang around, Stiletto, Dyne, Royal, F Series, Transatlantic, Nomad, DC, Blue Angel, Maverick. But spread those amps out over 27 years or so.

Of all their amps that faded the Electra Dyne was killer but it had some huge drawbacks. Terrible master volume, the thing was LOUD as hell. Shared controls, not much preamp gain, no solo boost, couldn't footswitch the FX loop, and a stupid footswitch. But crank up an ED through a good 4x12 with a BB Preamp and HOLY SHIT. It was a little like a 20th Shiva but with more bottom end and smoother, but that's after careful tweaking with a BB Preamp and a shit ton of volume. I can't use that much volume anymore so I don't own one.

The Maverick was also a great sounding amp for rock/classic rock.

Here's a low volume boost Dyne combo clip with some of my annoying wanking. I made that clip when some guy on another forum claimed there was NO WAY anyone could play leads on the Electra Dyne. I had to shut that shit down. :LOL: :LOL:

-"can't play lead on a ED"? WTF!!! see,.. that sounds awesome to me. So why don't they combine the good features like was mentioned on the TA line up with the Electra Dyne,.. I'd buy one, and you would still have one.

animusofabbas":2rm6uf4t said:
I have one, I love this amp. It sounds really organic and tight. I don't think it sounds anything like my Vh4, In a lot of respect it has a tighter snappier feel close to my Jpc+. The Vh4 is a different animal, I wouldn't say better just different. I would say dollar for dollar out of my 20 something plus heads This is the most cost effective and in my opinion one of the best. The sound is amazing Consistent and i don't know if its because its 50 watts i feel the sweet spot is a lot easier to control and wider.

Perfect mix, chewy, Tight, Easy to play, Harmonic
etc etc

You're not helping! Probably going to pick up a triple crown if this is true. Do you think it can really come close to a jp2c thing maybe just adding a Mesa eq in the loop?

Back