The 101 Most Badass Modern Amps On The Planet (Post 1990s)

I'd have a much shorter list, though I've probably owned 101 amps!

In my opinion, the only true "badass" amps, post 1990, are those that were real game-changers. I know many will disagree, but some will agree, the 5150 would be number one, across the board. It set the standard, for metal, anyway.

For me, much simpler. These amps set a standard, to some degree, and created a general "buzz", I think.. No particular order:

Peavey 5150
Marshall DSL
Engl Powerball, Fireball, and Blackmore, take your pick.
Laney VH100R
Framus Cobra
Mesa Dual Rectifier
Marshall JVM
Peavey Classic 30, 50
Peavey Triple XXX
Randall V2
Randall MTS, RM
VHT Deliverance
Mesa Boogie Stiletto
Krank Revolution
Soldano Avenger

WOW! That list is huge! I think you named close to 80% of the high end amps on the market today! This is a hard list to rank and also its very dependent on what style of tone each person is going for! Just for kicks, which of these would you rate for the top 5 amps strictly for thrash metal?

Elric":1wqb2ska said:
Stuff like this is only interesting if there's some controversy. You need to limit it to like 5 and order them. This is just a list of every newish amplifier you can think of. Most people aren't going to be interested, I know I'm not. :LOL: :LOL:

Yep, it's a stupid idea for a list....hence the reason SavageRiffer was the one to come up with it. :jerkit:

fretout":gme7gsgk said:
Sweet! The Mark IIC+ didn't make the list! Should see the prices start dropping soon...
It's not on the list...why would you want it? :confused:

Blackbird":2p5vyf3i said:
Elric":2p5vyf3i said:
Stuff like this is only interesting if there's some controversy. You need to limit it to like 5 and order them. This is just a list of every newish amplifier you can think of. Most people aren't going to be interested, I know I'm not. :LOL: :LOL:

Yep, it's a stupid idea for a list....hence the reason SavageRiffer was the one to come up with it. :jerkit:

:LOL: :LOL:

Back