Van Halen 'Jalen '78' pickup demo video - Al Estrada

Stradazone

Demo video I made for Jalen Guitar, it's a replica of Seymour's '78 at less than half the price!
Measures 9K, Alnico II magnet, a little smoother sounding/softer attack than the 'Bee' pickup see what you guys think?

Halen":l2eev73u said:
What pedals and amp did you use for that demo?

Guitar - MXR Script Phase 90 - Boss GE10 - TC Mini Flashback (echoplex tone print) - dimed/Variac'd Marshall Superlead - Suhr Reactive Load into Mosvalve power amp EVH 2x12 cab with EVHG12's, Delay/Reverb added in DAW

Stradazone":jf5i24iz said:
Halen":jf5i24iz said:
What pedals and amp did you use for that demo?

Guitar - MXR Script Phase 90 - Boss GE10 - TC Mini Flashback (echoplex tone print) - dimed/Variac'd Marshall Superlead - Suhr Reactive Load into Mosvalve power amp EVH 2x12 cab with EVHG12's, Delay/Reverb added in DAW
Cool, thank you for posting that info.

Both sound great! This is one seems a little more juicy/chewy, the other more crisp. Different yet both great.

Great demo as usual

Without an a/b comparison it is always going to be hard to judge a pick-up relative to that which is emulates
not that you can do that with the Bumble Bee on the last video, of course, but a Dimarzio SD or Mighty Mite would do the job

Without that comparison these pups sound a tad congested in the mids compared to a Dimarzio or Duncan 78
that could all be down to YouTube compression or the amp, or my cloth ears

SpiderWars":1jheqxk4 said:
Both sound great! This is one seems a little more juicy/chewy, the other more crisp. Different yet both great.
Agree on the juicy/chewy other more crisp

sgill72":1jheqxk4 said:
Marshall Super Lead stock? Year?

Mid 90's reissue, Suhr tweaked, pretty much Suhr SL68 specs, no master vol

Sick Squid":1jheqxk4 said:
Great demo as usual

Without an a/b comparison it is always going to be hard to judge a pick-up relative to that which is emulates
not that you can do that with the Bumble Bee on the last video, of course, but a Dimarzio SD or Mighty Mite would do the job

Without that comparison these pups sound a tad congested in the mids compared to a Dimarzio or Duncan 78
that could all be down to YouTube compression or the amp, or my cloth ears

I a/b'd this in the same guitar/amp, the Jalen '78 to the Duncan '78 and there's no difference whatsover..same feel and tone!

Hey Al! Do you think I could get this humbucker in chrome-black? Zebra but instead of white I want chrome. Because I can custom the Seymour D '78.

Victor Barrette":2olmkznm said:
Hey Al! Do you think I could get this humbucker in chrome-black? Zebra but instead of white I want chrome. Because I can custom the Seymour D '78.

The owner of Jalen is a buddy of mine, I'll send him a link and have him get in touch with you.

Chuck

Back