NAD Fender Princeton 1966

roccster

A NAD-day is so much more fun when you get to share it with others. So here is my new baby.
1966 Fender Princeton Reverb. Currently equipped with a Emminence Ragin Cajun, the stock Jensen C10Ns is going back in.
Been looking for a Princeton for quite some time and this just fell under my nose. Didn´t plan to purchase a new amp right now but I just couldn´t let this one pass.

n8YsgLjPMJRJnWYiiPCeGRAsVLpg21OIkwfQhCAZcHc7orps4Yd3krhk7GTXLnuan-NTUyBvVro0qmmfRo_zifVRZUn3KFOgJNp7MGnIUWzclWNrcB8ROd8kxPT2bfDrWL-hpgpV9cW9TpPVQN-xQM3CBtFtn75L51Sj2hWpNOqkhec2FMkuuphlkezy-prM3azBizg4ZhzZS07_c-ISlcETEp-uinB1MZ6VouTxPFe4QQPWx7ig_zm3jYEEeRWBEeUT3dzDJkMMat-8-2cglzRgDNeH6QXyZhrxz_eUbAYBll2kfcIKC7tYuNy63Ym_YdA8uWWs6zVUdmElMOI4UmQeY69f8AU6ROrOkRikN10LUiXs3K9lhzCugbzKVPPkGzhh9ylrwJLLPBaSQC7MQTPJZS7I_7XoCjvIUSMfIbJSFtEGWvtg98lbXnHBHnAFNoM9_zHKXPtrT8BIfKitQHnF-4u1OEjK4F4m-PNYBOyyAzVj2xYS2eCPQRAExqNRSdqtYbSxqnQHy3VV6XrgpS4Tv-Dee5mq2Lv9f5CCWvSuQFHGeYJlCnqrsrR7BesG69azzzw6HgrS_DZth1oJpryRs_h3SbuOFUf5OdPV30TOD4tml8Fn=w533-h1070-no

Sweet ! Always wanted a blackface Fender (I'd love a Deluxe Reverb). I bought a Silverface Pro Reverb (smaller Twin) a while back and had it blackfaced. Love it.

Great amp, congrats! :thumbsup:

Before you settle on that (rather bright) Jensen; perhaps consider a Eminence Copperhead or Legend 1058.
I had both to try out in my '74 SFPR, and finally settled on the Legend for having the widest tone and handling distortion pedals really well, without veering too far from the base Princeton tone. The thing was, the original Oxford that was in there, sucked a$$ at drive sounds and flubbed out easily. The Legend can handle way more bass and the Copperhead is somewhere in between.

However, the Copperhead was in some regards maybe even better and especially if you're more focussed on country, americana, classic rock tones. It's a bit brighter than the medium-mellow Legend 1058 and more twangy too, but from all the clips and reports I checked on the Jensen, the Copperhead might be more versatile and less spikey/notched (which the Oxford was as well).

If you are still open to speakers, check out the Eminence GA-SC64 10inch speakers. I have a set of the 12's and really like those. The Legend 1058's are very nice as well.

I love old vintage Fenders, its one of the things I love about servicing amps. Testing a vintage amp after you get it back up and running like it should.

Back