NGD: 77' Fender Strat Yngwie Duck Style

Brandon Breeze

I recently picked up this project, put it together in short order. Had to work on the scallops quite a bit, and get a bunch if hardware. Picked up a 62' reissue bridge with steel block new for dirt cheap. Grabbed a Duncan YJM loaded pickguard and bam, done!

Got it all setup to my specs and intonated, plays like a dream, smells old lol.

cardinal":32k7sshv said:

Thanks! Im really digging it. This is about as old of a strat as I want to throw $ at. I'd love to get an earlier one, but the prices are insane and I dont know enough to ensure I wouldnt get ripped off.

Yeah, I'd never pay big money for a vintage Fender. Forgeries have ruined it, and I just don't trust anything. Really wish I'd bought some early '70s Strats when I started playing. They were cheap and (unfairly) considered firewood. Now they seem to sell for pretty big bucks.

That is sexy man.

Never owned, nor played, a scalloped neck, but they are really cool looking. I'm sure I'd bend notes all kind of sharp.

HNSD!

Here I am back in 1989 with a 1973 Strat. I paid $50 for it and sold it to one of Yngwie's buyers at the NY guitar show later that year. The neck on it was super thin.

cardinal":cv59dgvg said:
Yeah, I'd never pay big money for a vintage Fender. Forgeries have ruined it, and I just don't trust anything. Really wish I'd bought some early '70s Strats when I started playing. They were cheap and (unfairly) considered firewood. Now they seem to sell for pretty big bucks.

You and me both! I'd love a 57' and like 50 or so others!

stratjacket":cv59dgvg said:
Awesome job man. Now time for some arpeggio's from hell !! :rock:

Lol, already went there! Sounds awesome on this guitar, better than any of my yngwie models

yngzaklynch":cv59dgvg said:
Mojo in spades

Absolutely! This one makes sounds and feels that dont make any sense, thats what I categorize as Mojo!

psychodave":cv59dgvg said:
Here I am back in 1989 with a 1973 Strat. I paid $50 for it and sold it to one of Yngwie's buyers at the NY guitar show later that year. The neck on it was super thin.

Man, I couldnt even imagine that. When I got this guitar it had the neck, tuners, body, neck plate, screws, and tuners and it was much much more, and I got what I would consider a pretty good deal.

MrDowntown":cv59dgvg said:
That is sexy man.

Never owned, nor played, a scalloped neck, but they are really cool looking. I'm sure I'd bend notes all kind of sharp.

HNSD!

Thanks, yeah I believe everyone needs to own at least one scalloped neck. I have 5 1/2! Definitely changes your playing.

Lovely!

I did similar, I imported a 72 re-issue from Japan and scalloped it plus put in the YJM loaded pick guard! Its not his signature but it it's exactly the same minus his signature on the head stock! And cost me about 500$ less!

Very cool! I love cream colored Strats. The strapbutton looks like it's at a different angle than normal, is that the way they did them back in the 3-bolt era?

That turned out killer. I've been wanting an Yngwie for awhile but I like your version better. Make your own

ghosty999":1a7rz915 said:
Lovely!

I did similar, I imported a 72 re-issue from Japan and scalloped it plus put in the YJM loaded pick guard! Its not his signature but it it's exactly the same minus his signature on the head stock! And cost me about 500$ less!

I did the same thing on my first strat which is a Squire that Ill never sell. Total investment of about $450 & play 90% as good as the signature models. Funny enough the 77' still cost less than a new yjm signature and its vintage!

cecilbag":1a7rz915 said:
That turned out killer. I've been wanting an Yngwie for awhile but I like your version better. Make your own

Much appreciated! I love my yjm strats for sure, but this one has mojo that those dont have, although one of my japanese ones comes close.

ElectricVoodoo":1a7rz915 said:
That is my dream strat you have there. That is beautiful !!
Really nice

I wouldnt mind an early 70's myself, but they are costly! Thank you.

SpiderWars":1a7rz915 said:
Very cool! I love cream colored Strats. The strapbutton looks like it's at a different angle than normal, is that the way they did them back in the 3-bolt era?

I dont know the answer to this, but would love to find out. My japan reissues have roughly the same location for the strap button, so maybe?

Congrats! That thing looks sexy! You need to get the Play Loud sticker on that bad boy, then play it loud!

I'd love one of those myself, but I'd go old school and get Dimarzio p'ups he used to use. I'm always a fan of what players used to get the tones we loved...

bish0p34":2zjziw6f said:
Congrats! That thing looks sexy! You need to get the Play Loud sticker on that bad boy, then play it loud!

I'd love one of those myself, but I'd go old school and get Dimarzio p'ups he used to use. I'm always a fan of what players used to get the tones we loved...

I thought about that, and still am, then I can, but am also thinking about buying another Yngwie signature that has those already lol.

Back