Boss Katana

This is how I see it ... it's 2017. We have full blown computers in the palm of our hand. We have cats that brake for you n tell you your out of your lane. We have digital downloads. We got stereo systems that are a 1/4 the size of the old days.

The day of the 2-5ooo dollar boutique one trick pony amp Should be over !!!!

Lugging that shit around blows as well.

Mailman1971":jdkoimdz said:
Sweet tap dancing Christ!
This little anp really is all that!! :rock:
Played it thru my lynch 4x12 cab and it FN ROCKED!!
Can't wait to run it with the Y box into a full stack.
If your on the fence..... get one'! :yes:
Run it alongside the Archon! I bet it would be killer in a 2 amp rig.

Never played an axe fx. But honestly can not see it sounding better then this.
Not trying to bash. Just saying for $350 bucks this is the deal of the century for a 100 watt amp head.

I need some cash so Im considering selling my Mark V 25 and getting one of these. I love the sound of my Mark V but it has so many options that I don't even use. Wish I could try one of these.

Yup. It's best to check it out.
Same deal I had with my archon
Sold my last 2 since I knew they could be easily gotten again.
And the archon is one of my top 3 amps ever. :yes:

I've been trying to fight the urge to grab one, really don't "need" it for anything, and timing is poo (literally just bought a guitar last Friday)...but I've gotten off the fence. Trigger pulled, Katana inbound tomorrow!

I had a bunch of goals on this day off. All thwarted by playing my Katana through my Marshall cab for hours.

Went to Nashville to pick up a Suhr Badger 30 head and stopped in the Guitar Center there to see what they had and they had a Katana combo. It's a very decent sounding amp but in no way was I blown away. I do keep in mind it was an in store type of demo situation so I'm sure there is room for a better experience playing the amp. It would definitely be something I'd consider getting to keep around for a second amp. I walked out with a couple great deals on a new Fulltone Catalyst for $60 and new Bogner Harlow for $140. I really wasn't that enticed to spend the $200 is pet on the pedals and put that towards the Katana after playing that Suhr amp and the pedals.

atrox":39p9g8ig said:
I had a bunch of goals on this day off. All thwarted by playing my Katana through my Marshall cab for hours.
Make that 2 of us. Cranking this little bastard up is such a surreal thing. :rock:

Can't find any clips that necessarily make me want it. Feature set is as posted a no brainer. I could sure use it rehearsal or small rooms. I can't find the tone I'm reading about in these post. Clips as we know only gethe the party started. Seems a tad buzzy and can't get anew idea on the mids or low end. Not bashing it.,looking good for help :rock:

Mailman1971":pcbhlrkl said:
Sweet tap dancing Christ!
This little anp really is all that!! :rock:
Played it thru my lynch 4x12 cab and it FN ROCKED!!
Can't wait to run it with the Y box into a full stack.
If your on the fence..... get one'! :yes:

Man you guys catch on slowly. I got mine two months ago.

Mailman1971":pcbhlrkl said:
Never played an axe fx. But honestly can not see it sounding better then this.
Not trying to bash. Just saying for $350 bucks this is the deal of the century for a 100 watt amp head.

Well, not so fast. There's a reason why AxeFX is the best. They sound and feel better to me, plus a ton more flexibility. To me the Katana borders on toy|professional gear. On one hand, it can actually pump out volume and punch like a tube amp. On the other hand, plug into a tube amp after playing it a while and you quickly remember what you've been missing. However, the Katana blows away everything short of the Line6 Helix, AxeFX, and maybe the Atomic. Those three are still great investments in comparison. The Katana isn't a modeler, so it's not really comparing apples to oranges anyway. In any case, BOSS has set the bar with the Katana and Fractal, Kemper, etc... better catch up on the affordable end real quick because I have a feeling BOSS has a couple of more tricks up their sleeves.

I saw these in every shop I went to in Japan, but didn't even think twice about them until I got back and saw everyone here is going nuts for them. Now I wish I had tried one haha.

Gsxrbusa":1n7x7fwp said:
Got mine tonight.

One with more gain. Tad brighter

Wow. That has some pretty good thump to it. Sounds pretty tight too. Was that the brown setting? Are you impressed. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the clip.

How does the Katana take pedals? I've been looking for a clean platform I can use with pedals/VST amp sims. If it sounds great when I don't have my other gear, then even better.

CaseyCor":2f2kqkmu said:
How does the Katana take pedals? I've been looking for a clean platform I can use with pedals/VST amp sims. If it sounds great when I don't have my other gear, then even better.
Just like a Marshall imo..very well. I used my OD1X and EQ pedal and they did what they were supposed to do. Like I posted, it won't take the place of your favorite tube amp imo but its one hell of a great amp for 350, and better than some tube amps that I've tried and sent packing. It's a perfect backup amp for the gigging musician who has all their eggs in a high buck amp like a BE for instance, and can't afford another tube amp as a backup.

Racerxrated":1xafdjda said:
CaseyCor":1xafdjda said:
Just like a Marshall imo..very well. I used my OD1X and EQ pedal and they did what they were supposed to do. Like I posted, it won't take the place of your favorite tube amp imo but its one hell of a great amp for 350, and better than some tube amps that I've tried and sent packing. It's a perfect backup amp for the gigging musician who has all their eggs in a high buck amp like a BE for instance, and can't afford another tube amp as a backup.

This. Only i'd say it's a great amp period. Not just for the price. I'd feel comfortable paying $800 for this head, but it sounds better than a bunch of near $2000 amps IMO.

It is my BE-100 backup actually. I'd take it as a backup rig over my DSL and I'd use my pedalboard with it too. It takes pedals very well.

Back