Why did Guitar Center drop the price on the Silver Jubilee?

From another forum:

The reason for the 2555x price drop in the US is two-fold: A very large retailer canceled or amended a purchase order and then the US distributor FORGOT to amend the associated order with Marshall UK. Result is a huge overstock in the US warehouse and they need to turn some inventory back into cash flow. They just made way too many for the market

I'm tempted to grab one from SW but I keep telling myself..

i-dont-need-it-meme.jpg

cecilbag":ygw7wkcy said:
Now it seems like a screaming deal. I would want to try one first though, I've never played one
Gotta boost one to get the goods..but with those boosts they've chased all my modded Marshalls away. Even the Camerons.

I love my Jubilee. I don't dime the gain. Gain about 2:00 then hit it w/ a variety of boosts, all of which kick ass. Klon KTR, Maxon SD-9, Ibanez TS808HW, treble boosters, etc

Dang, that's less than the 2525H mini and way less than what most of the used 2555X are asking. And I just sold an amp...must...resist.

stompboxfreak72":3t77n6wd said:
Guitar Center 15% coupon is accepted on Marshall......you can get the silver jubilee for $1061

Did you have to call to get the discount? It's not working for me online.

Webb":3bwogp8p said:
stompboxfreak72":3bwogp8p said:
Guitar Center 15% coupon is accepted on Marshall......you can get the silver jubilee for $1061

Just tried it with today's GC emailed code.....$1061...shame I don't need another amp :doh:

Webb":170ts6z7 said:
stompboxfreak72":170ts6z7 said:

No call. They sent me a code for president's day and I plugged it in and it worked. Im looking at my cart and the total is $1061.65 and it says the coupon code saved me $187.35.

stompboxfreak72":2tueb0rj said:
Webb":2tueb0rj said:
stompboxfreak72":2tueb0rj said:

No call. They sent me a code for president's day and I plugged it in and it worked. Im looking at my cart and the total is $1061.65 and it says the coupon code saved me $187.35.

Ah, I was using the PRESDAY17 code on the GC homepage. Once I put in the code I had in my email it worked. So yeah, I totally don't need another amp but I just bought it anyway! :rock:

Back