What OD pedal or other pedals would you recommend for Slide

I have a good friend that had 2 Blackface Bassmans (Bassmen ?) that he used in an AC/DC tribute band with his Les Paul Classic and a tube screamer. Very convincing, but had to be cranked. Maybe you'd be better with a Princeton Reverb or a Deluxe Reverb ? Both are smaller, less power, have Reverb etc... ? I bought a Traynor YGM III and I love it with an MXR 5150 pedal in front and a Celestion Alnico Blue speaker in it. Not for slide though...

Yeah I have a 9w Fender rampart with a Texas heat 12 in it. It sounds ok. I need to get a good eq pedal so I can dial it in a bit more. I've thought about selling the bassman or trading it for something a bit smaller like a Princeton or a vibriolux. We will see. Right now I'll stick with trying some less expensive options like new caps, tubes and maybe a couple pedals

Buy old... I've seen some great deals on 70s SGs lately...that brown finish (not the usual cherry).

Cap changes might work to take some highs out of your Bassman if it's drifted to the bright side.

Yeah I won't have a huge budget but I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for a great deal. Thanks for all the advice

Back