Sully Guitars

I got black limba back, flamed maple top, maple neck, ebony board, white binding with alternating black binding for fret markers, and a frostbite fade style finish, satin neck, set neck.

ibzprestige":u9ohp0d3 said:
I got black limba back, flamed maple top, maple neck, ebony board, white binding with alternating black binding for fret markers, and a frostbite fade style finish, satin neck, set neck.

That is going to be freakin sweet!

ibzprestige":2lxp3dp7 said:

Why set neck instead of neck thru?

yngzaklynch":1svvzvk7 said:
ibzprestige":1svvzvk7 said:

Why set neck instead of neck thru?

I like how he contours the heel on the set necks, and I already got a couple neck thrus, figured I get some variety!

yngzaklynch":dqke2c6m said:
drewiv":dqke2c6m said:
Mine is a Trella with a rosewood board. I guess Grover started cutting Rosewood instead of Ebony and the "extra" got the Rosewood. I dig it.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=186401
I remember this thread. Gorgeous guitar!! Got some vids of it?

Haven't had time to get anything yet, hopefully soon. The kid's schedule has been crazy the past few weeks.

drewiv":2tlrv1od said:
yngzaklynch":2tlrv1od said:
drewiv":2tlrv1od said:
Mine is a Trella with a rosewood board. I guess Grover started cutting Rosewood instead of Ebony and the "extra" got the Rosewood. I dig it.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=186401
I remember this thread. Gorgeous guitar!! Got some vids of it?

Haven't had time to get anything yet, hopefully soon. The kid's schedule has been crazy the past few weeks.

cecilbag":uc5cz9fq said:
Can you still get the original? I assume Gibson told him no or something?

The original Raven design is dead, for sure. I've never received any love letters from Gibson, though; it's more to do with growth than anything else. Over the past few years, I've wanted to unify the models a bit; new models have been added, while others have been retired. I really wanted to put more of my own spin on the Raven, and here we are. I'm glad that the response has been positive, although I know that not everyone will be a fan, and that's okay.

As far as set neck vs neck through goes, I prefer building set necks for a few reasons, and I love blending neck heels so that they're super comfortable. That's probably one of the most fun parts of the build for me.

Sully

SullyGuitars":124lvmo2 said:
cecilbag":124lvmo2 said:

The original Raven design is dead, for sure. I've never received any love letters from Gibson, though; it's more to do with growth than anything else. Over the past few years, I've wanted to unify the models a bit; new models have been added, while others have been retired. I really wanted to put more of my own spin on the Raven, and here we are. I'm glad that the response has been positive, although I know that not everyone will be a fan, and that's okay.

As far as set neck vs neck through goes, I prefer building set necks for a few reasons, and I love blending neck heels so that they're super comfortable. That's probably one of the most fun parts of the build for me.

Sully

The new design kinda makes it hard to envision how a burst finish might look

SullyGuitars":3ofepvdo said:
cecilbag":3ofepvdo said:

Sully

Supernova next for me :rock:

Back