Sully Guitars

yngzaklynch":31xi1xny said:

Who has experience with them? Thoughts?

Never played one but have done tons of research and he may be one of the best around. I know a few guys on here and SSO have 1 or 2.

If I had that much money for a guitar Sully would be in my top 2 next to Mayones.

I recently purchased a '71 Trella from his run with Grover Jackson. Very nice guitar, highly recommend. I would really like a Raven, but that's going to have to wait.

drewiv":1w4s9w5a said:
I recently purchased a '71 Trella from his run with Grover Jackson. Very nice guitar, highly recommend. I would really like a Raven, but that's going to have to wait.
On par with Suhr, PRS, etc...?

yngzaklynch":t1tm0s89 said:
drewiv":t1tm0s89 said:
On par with Suhr, PRS, etc...?
I would say definitely. Right up there with the Suhr, PRS, Tom Anderson, Luxxtone and Ted Stevenson guitars I have owned.

My buddy has a polka dot v and loves it. I know the build process was pretty easy going and he loves the guitar. It is very nice quality. This Firebird looks totally up my alley

I'm waiting on a Raven. Sully has been nothing but perfect to deal with and one of the nicest builders! He also offers a payment plan while your guitar is being built that is very helpful.

ibzprestige":1zrtj5ir said:
I'm waiting on a Raven. Sully has been nothing but perfect to deal with and one of the nicest builders! He also offers a payment plan while your guitar is being built that is very helpful.

Agreed! Did you get the new design or the previous Raven? Mine was the last of the previous design.

alan67":jomhl7k8 said:
ibzprestige":jomhl7k8 said:

Agreed! Did you get the new design or the previous Raven? Mine was the last of the previous design.

I'm getting the new one, I dig it :thumbsup:

yngzaklynch":4r1aba5q said:
What specs are you guys going with?

I went with spalted maple on mahogany, string through body bridge....pretty straightforward specs, Sully is speaking with Grover about coming up with his own take on the 59/Custom Hybrid for the bridge and a 59 for the neck. I still have to decide between chrome or gold hardware.

Back