-where's all the talent in the music business?

-does she not kick ass? I hear her on different genres of music radio, pop, alt, rock & country... Powerful voice, and she sells it!!

One of the problems these days IMO is that not many kids want to be a rock star anymore...when I was growing up every HS had 2-3 rival bands going on, all of them trying for the same gigs lol. Clubs everywhere had bands on weekends, and some had Mon-Sat gigs. Nowadays there just isn't a market for live music like there used to be, and kids just don't care about being a rock star.

We'd see a better future for rock/music in general if kids caught the bug again like in the past.

I don't really stay close to the current stuff, 70's and 80's keeps me pretty happy. But I bet there's just as much cool music and young talent out there today, just a whole different generation in terms of how music is made, accessed, performed.

My view of what younger players should be going for is completely dated, it's good they do their own thing even if I'll never get it. And the older guys from my time who keep rocking on, particularly the ones actually rocking somewhat well, truthfully, I love it in spirit, but it's never gonna feel like the first time.

Racerxrated":2txch1yz said:
One of the problems these days IMO is that not many kids want to be a rock star anymore...when I was growing up every HS had 2-3 rival bands going on, all of them trying for the same gigs lol. Clubs everywhere had bands on weekends, and some had Mon-Sat gigs. Nowadays there just isn't a market for live music like there used to be, and kids just don't care about being a rock star.

We'd see a better future for rock/music in general if kids caught the bug again like in the past.

-yup, those were good days, but there long gone, the term "rock star" is still used, except now it's "rock stah"...

sg guy":3gz79yry said:
Racerxrated":3gz79yry said:

-yup, those were good days, but there long gone, the term "rock star" is still used, except now it's "rock stah"...

Taking a shot at some, but not all, Millennials....there is an instant gratification mindset ingrained in them...IMHO. A lot of them expect to pick up an instrument and smoke it...like rock band..and interest is lost very quickly when they figure out it takes, in most cases, tons and tons of practice. I know several M'llnls that flamed out quickly.

oh...and it also seems EVERYBODY that's not 30 or older loves rap. :no:

-I like it when you guys post clips like that, I'm so far out of the loop I have no way to know what's going on, I recently moved to southern Oregon and it has zero "rock scene".... Or even a " good" music store,...

There is ALWAYS talent in every era of music, you just have to be open to finding and looking for stuff and realise artists like Adele aren't for you and that's fine.

Spotify and YouTube are your friends in this regard.

Back