The Fuzz I've waited over 40 years for (for Jimi fans)

mrcak

Banned
If there are any Jimi fans here :LOL: :LOL:

For the 50th ann. of Jimi arriving in London, Roger Mayer has developed the Visage Fuzz. 45 live and studio fuzz tones (in one pedal) he developed when he was working in the studio and live with Jimi Hendrix.
I put a clip up on YT going thru the 45 variations. The thing is amazing, getting just about any Jimi fuzz tone you can imagine. More info on Roger's site.

mdc1mdc11":1q78pzh4 said:
mrcak":1q78pzh4 said:
JackBootedThug":1q78pzh4 said:
post the clip ya cak!!!

It's boring. Just go to 28:53

what transistors are in this unit (germanium or mix of ge and silicon) and is it fuzz-face/tonebender (generally same) type schematic?

Don't know. I have a RM Classic (germanium) and Axis (mixed) and this Visage easily covers both and better.
Gotta be a Fuzz Face type schematic. From what I understand, and I met Roger in '84 and picked his brain, his mods were done to Fuzz Faces. You see Jimi live with a Fuzz Face and people wonder what tranny is in it, but in actual fact, it's not standard.

Luca79":35gbxkqp said:
That enclosure :aww:

Not an issue. He's used the Space Ship enclosure since the 80's. Harkens back to the days when guys just plugged a few pedals in, as opposed to a fancy pedalboatd

mrcak":2jcrhl0m said:
Luca79":2jcrhl0m said:

Not an issue. He's used the Space Ship enclosure since the 80's. Harkens back to the days when guys just plugged a few pedals in, as opposed to a fancy pedalboatd

Does it cost 700?$ Because if it doesn't I don't want it! $ is what legitimizes a pedal :D

Kapo_Polenton":1f2d4bxj said:
mrcak":1f2d4bxj said:
Luca79":1f2d4bxj said:

Does it cost 700?$ Because if it doesn't I don't want it! $ is what legitimizes a pedal :D

Remember the Clay Jones OD? I paid 150-200 and sold it for $700

nice playing c-slice
you still got it!

did you ever check out the quinn fuzz by comparison?

the whole quinn enchilada went down the tubes before i could get my hands on one. i'm not a fuzz guy but that quinn sounded great in some clips i heard, and so does this one.

mentoneman":3kpgfdz1 said:
nice playing c-slice
you still got it!

did you ever check out the quinn fuzz by comparison?

the whole quinn enchilada went down the tubes before i could get my hands on one. i'm not a fuzz guy but that quinn sounded great in some clips i heard, and so does this one.

Never tried a Quinn. I checked out some YT vids. It's another Fuzz Face knock-off. My Chasetone collection covers all the different Fuzz Face transistor variations. That said, RM's stuff is different and, IMO gets the Hendrix sounds.

Back