Motor City Angel Dust - anything less bassy?

maddnotez

Banned
Watched this shootout and was very impressed with the Angel Dust. I have the Miracle Man and I can hear the same characteristics that I get with a completely different guitar and rig. Sounds great but when I heard the Angel Dust I said wow.

Sounds almost perfect. Just slightly too bassy and maybe slightly too tight.

So I go to the sight and just as I heard here is part of the description: "Tight and focused lows and articulate, rich highs are enough to give you a cold chill."

So two questions. Does Motor City make something that's basically the exact sound as the Angel Dust with slightly less and slightly looser bass?

Also do you think I'd hear these same characteristics in my rig and guitar just like I heard with the Miracle Man?

The Angel Dust is the last pickup in the video.

maddnotez":2zfew22w said:
Watched this shootout and was very impressed with the Angel Dust. I have the Miracle Man and I can hear the same characteristics that I get with a completely different guitar and rig. Sounds great but when I heard the Angel Dust I said wow.

So I go to the sight and just as I heard here is part of the description: "Tight and focused lows and articulate, rich highs are enough to give you a cold chill."

So two questions. Does Motor City make something that's basically the exact sound as the Angel Dust with slightly less and slightly looser bass?

Also do you think I'd hear these same characteristics in my rig and guitar just like I heard with the Miracle Man?

My favorite MCP pickup by far and my favorite pickup period and have them in 4 of my guitars. I do not find this pickup bassy at all, but it is tighter than most pickups. Wade said he does not make them anymore, but you never know with Wade. I do not know if he has anything like it with less bass. You will probably have to ask him about that. Maybe the Detroiter or Nasty Nasty would work as they have less bass, but are still tight and they are lower output than the AD.

metalmaniac93":gufmgfl4 said:
maddnotez":gufmgfl4 said:

My favorite MCP pickup by far and my favorite pickup period and have them in 4 of my guitars. I do not find this pickup bassy at all, but it is tighter than most pickups. Wade said he does not make them anymore, but you never know with Wade. I do not know if he has anything like it with less bass. You will probably have to ask him about that. Maybe the Detroiter or Nasty Nasty would work as they have less bass, but are still tight and they are lower output than the AD.

Ok thanks. Good to know. I guess I could turn the bass down on the amp but Idk the voicing just sounds amazing in this video. Do you get similar sounds in your guitars with this pup?

I have the Angel Dust in a swamp ash strat.....I don't find is bassy but it does have a strong lower mid bite that I love...its by far my favorite pickup, Wade hooked me up last year so he may still be making them..

I never played the Angel Dust, but my initial thought would be to check out the Black Iron. It started as the Blisterbucker, which was just an Angel Dust w/an A2 magnet. The Black Iron is tweaked w/it's A2 magnet in mind.

yep, I watched that video quite a few times several years ago and thought the AD would definitely be one to try. I went Painkiller and love it, but would still love to give the AD a go.

I'm not much help but I will say My MC alnico Solution is the best pickup I've ever had.

maddnotez":30q710pl said:
metalmaniac93":30q710pl said:
maddnotez":30q710pl said:

Ok thanks. Good to know. I guess I could turn the bass down on the amp but Idk the voicing just sounds amazing in this video. Do you get similar sounds in your guitars with this pup?

I can get similar sounds with the Angel Dust, but I do not play this kind of music much. My Angel Dust is in 2 Charvels with Floyds (one underwound), Luxxtone with Floyd and Carvin Bolt. It is a killer pickup IMO.

138":1yo6h842 said:
I have the Angel Dust in a swamp ash strat.....I don't find is bassy but it does have a strong lower mid bite that I love...its by far my favorite pickup, Wade hooked me up last year so he may still be making them..

It has a very low mid character with a strident top end!!! Definitely not bassy like the Awfayu which is still a killer pickup in the right guitar. Good thing he still makes the AD. The Detroiter is another killer pickup.

Yep, his site still shows the Angel Dust available.

I'm tempted to try the "Nuke" pickup :rock:

Have to check with him and see if he makes 7 string versions. If so, I think that pup might find a home in the new 7 string Ibanez Premium I have coming. It's got PAF 7's in it stock which I'll give a fair shot, but so far low output pups have not been my thing. I like running e low and hot.

MetalHeadMike":303f5h7p said:
Yep, his site still shows the Angel Dust available.

I'm tempted to try the "Nuke" pickup :rock:

Have to check with him and see if he makes 7 string versions. If so, I think that pup might find a home in the new 7 string Ibanez Premium I have coming. It's got PAF 7's in it stock which I'll give a fair shot, but so far low output pups have not been my thing. I like running e low and hot.

His site has never been updated in like years!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Just email him.

Back