UAD Friedman Dirty Shirley (ds40) plugin- Amp Killer!!

ob1clyde

So I was revamping my studio rig and bought an UAD Apollo 8. At the same time I grabbed an AxeFx2 figuring that between those and the gear I already have I should be set.. Well the AxeFx came in first so I got to tinker for a bit before the Apollo Came in. And to my surprise I realized that I could do with what I have and the Axe was no magic box for me... But it did allow
Me to play with the Friedman amp sims. I've heard everyone else's clips but never actually
Have played one.

Anyway I'm guessing that the ds40 UAD plugin is from the Dirty Shirley amp.. I bought it on sale in the Friedman amp Pak from
UAD and personally in 2 minutes I had that Ds40 sounding tits!! I actually
liked it's sound better than the BE amp.

I've hunted down amps, driven hours , skipped work, even lied to friends and family for some of them trips for gear. I would have never, ever thought that after all that I'd be sitting with a computer plug in grinning ear to ear! Hell, I even had my wah plugged into the front end of the interface.. And now I'm jonesing for a cheap ass $350 SS amp head..

Wow, how things have changed.. I literally had 3 half stacks a month ago.. I'm keeping 1, And my
Trusty Mesa F50 club amp... life is strange my friends!

Back