Pre-ordering Peavey Invective

MYLILSS

so my future wife as of this February the 24th is pre ordering me the peavey invective as a wedding gift. I had to wife her up before she realized she was making a mistake :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: . anyways does anyone know the ETA on when they will actually be released ?

You lucky bastard, congratulations man, your making the right decision, this will give you a lifetime relationship of happiness and great moments. :rock:

PS: I am talking about the amp here, FYI.

:LOL: :LOL:

Seriously, I am also getting one of these, can't wait.

That Misha Mansoor dude, I guess the guy who's sig amp this is, posted on sevenstring.org that he has the prototype at home and is making some final decisions on it for Peavey to tweak.

Here is what he said Feb 16th:

"I have the final revision of the amp waiting for me at home to test and okay once I'm home from our tour, if all is well with that revision and I can sign off on it, it shouldn't be terribly long till production starts. I just don't want to rush anything just for the sake of getting it out earlier."

MetalHeadMike":17iojpl9 said:
That Misha Mansoor dude, I guess the guy who's sig amp this is, posted on sevenstring.org that he has the prototype at home and is making some final decisions on it for Peavey to tweak.

Here is what he said Feb 16th:

"I have the final revision of the amp waiting for me at home to test and okay once I'm home from our tour, if all is well with that revision and I can sign off on it, it shouldn't be terribly long till production starts. I just don't want to rush anything just for the sake of getting it out earlier."

:rock:

Yeahhhhh, this is good news, it is gonna be tweaked right.

I haven't been excited about a new amp like this one in a loooong time man.

crwnedblasphemy":ydrk8xo7 said:
I don't care for him or his playing, but the amp sounds good to me. Sweetwater rep said they'd be available may/June

Agreed :thumbsup: Not a fan of Periphery or that type of metal myself, but the amp does look nice.

I'm thinking for the price however I'd probably still just get a 6505 or an old block letter and throw an ISP or NS-2 in the loop and hit the front end with an OD. I don't need a clean channel, really all I want is a brutal channel.

Maybe after they've been out for a while and hit the used market....

ugh !!! why does May/June have to be so far away !!!

also, thanks for the congrats guys. the amp is gonna be sweet haha (kidding, both will be a pretty sweet deal)

MYLILSS":ns9lq79d said:
so my future wife as of this February the 24th is pre ordering me the peavey invective as a wedding gift. I had to wife her up before she realized she was making a mistake :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: . anyways does anyone know the ETA on when they will actually be released ?

Congrats bro :) I mean on the engagement... fuck the amp haha!

JackBootedThug":45z7nj42 said:
he used to be a member here.....

Was before my time I guess. I do however think it's funny how many people that I've seen over the years who may have made a name for themselves with a band or a YouTube channel (and much help from the forum) stop coming to the forum after said name is made lol.

Smh. Rig Talk for life. :rock:

MetalHeadMike":foyfxy1f said:
crwnedblasphemy":foyfxy1f said:
I don't care for him or his playing, but the amp sounds good to me. Sweetwater rep said they'd be available may/June

Agreed :thumbsup: Not a fan of Periphery or that type of metal myself, but the amp does look nice.

I'm thinking for the price however I'd probably still just get a 6505 or an old block letter and throw an ISP or NS-2 in the loop and hit the front end with an OD. I don't need a clean channel, really all I want is a brutal channel.

Amen on the Brutal Channel only!

maddnotez":323dpwl0 said:
JackBootedThug":323dpwl0 said:

Was before my time I guess. I do however think it's funny how many people that I've seen over the years who may have made a name for themselves with a band or a YouTube channel (and much help from the forum) stop coming to the forum after said name is made lol.

Not really fair to say about Misha since he actively posts on other forums and SSO.

This forum has been dying for a while as have most in the guitar space lately. The only one that seems to be well run is TGP and to an extent MLP but even that's not super well run.

Just look at the trolls in Off Topic here that refuse to have a conversation and just post memes all day.

Stealthtastic":3tt08wwt said:
maddnotez":3tt08wwt said:
JackBootedThug":3tt08wwt said:

Not really fair to say about Misha since he actively posts on other forums and SSO.

This forum has been dying for a while as have most in the guitar space lately. The only one that seems to be well run is TGP and to an extent MLP but even that's not super well run.

Just look at the trolls in Off Topic here that refuse to have a conversation and just post memes all day.

Well I didn't mean him specifically. Like I said he was here before my time as I've never seen him post here. I did talk to some others though and the consensus was funny. Kind of true in a way but I'm not saying names however two different guys who got pretty big both said the same thing that RT is just filled with nothing but 80's cock rockers.

Well ok, I guess there is a huge 80's crowd here and that would make sense that Misha stays on SSO but the people I think of on this topic don't even really post anywhere anymore. I mean people get busy, I imagine these guys are VERY busy, maybe tired of forums or whatever other reasons. I mean hell people don't have to do what I want lol.

But the replies I've gotten about RT from a couple people were kind of insulting considering it was like a main hub when they were nothing and all the "80's cock rockers" were giving them tips and helping them build you know?

MetalHeadMike":1ufqvsn6 said:
crwnedblasphemy":1ufqvsn6 said:

The 6505+ has a fantastic clean channel whether you need it or not.
It's a great amp. I've had dozens over the years, many boutique, and I always go to the 6505+ these days. Massive tones.
I see them on CL for $500-$700. You can't beat them.

I might sell off my MKIV and get this new Peavey though to go along with my 6505+. ;)

[/quote]

It's a great amp. I've had dozens over the years, many boutique, and I always go to the 6505+ these days. Massive tones.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Yep, I'm thinking despite the desire to pickup an Uberschall TJ and a Randall Satan next, I'm gonna hold off and just grab a 6505 of some sort. Of the amps I've run through, the 5150/6505 has not been one, and I'm definitely itching to give one a go.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

Yep, I'm thinking despite the desire to pickup an Uberschall TJ and a Randall Satan next, I'm gonna hold off and just grab a 6505 of some sort. Of the amps I've run through, the 5150/6505 has not been one, and I'm definitely itching to give one a go.[/quote]

I wouldn't mind giving one a go. I'd probably aim for an old 5150 but idk which is better. I had a 6505+, it was my first tube amp and I had no knowledge about gear whatsoever at the time. I've heard them sound really good when others are using them but mine was fizz city.

I wish I had tested different tubes and what not before I sold it. My other guitarist has one but I haven't got to play or hear it yet since something is wrong with it but he should be getting it fixed soon.

Back