Rouge United | Irresistible (full Album Stream)

USofguitars

Hello everyone,

The first album of my band Rouge United is now out. We play some female fronted rock. It's melodic, energetic and full of solos. If you dig things like Slash, Halestorm, Green Day, The Used, My Chemical Romance, but with guitar solos in there, you'll dig it!

In any case here's the full stream of the album. The album is available on most digital platforms. Tabs and a few hard copies are also available through Bandcamp.

I'm curious to read what you think:

PS: That was such an adventure and I learnt a lot while writing, self-producing it. So much fun and frustrations along the way. But that is part of it. It was mostly very empowering and I would recommend anyone to complete this process once. As a musician, there is so much to learn besides making music and playing an instrument. But that's not necessarily something for everyone of course.

Connect:
Me:
http://www.facebook.com/usofguitar
http://www.instagram.com/uschadeck

Rouge United:
http://www.rougeunited.com

Listening now....catchy stuff and am only on first track...which has a great guitar solo...very fitting but also guitar nerd satisfying

I will have the YT in the background so I can stop/start as I have the time. It still amazes me that music basically has to be given away these days (streaming).

jkdsteve":2gv13e7d said:
Listening now....catchy stuff and am only on first track...which has a great guitar solo...very fitting but also guitar nerd satisfying

I will have the YT in the background so I can stop/start as I have the time. It still amazes me that music basically has to be given away these days (streaming).

Thank you, jkdsteve. Yeah, you can't imagine how frustrating this can be. Not only when you worked really hard, spend money on those things, and gave it all to book shows, but when labels and A&R's don't even give a shit about your music. That's the worst. Fortunately we also do it for ourselves. And it's something we can look back on and be proud of if ever it doesn't work.

I don't want to make it sound bad, but if you do appreciate the music, that would be great if you'd share and let your buddies hear about our music! :)

Sounds great to me - I have youtube in the background as well, and while it does make me wonder about the future of music, it is also awesome for instances just like this i.e. musicians can get their music out there to the world. How they get people to find it is the big problem..

neilli":3hjecofi said:
Sounds great to me - I have youtube in the background as well, and while it does make me wonder about the future of music, it is also awesome for instances just like this i.e. musicians can get their music out there to the world. How they get people to find it is the big problem..

Absolutely. As an artist I spend more time advertising than creating when it should be the opposite! But labels still except you to be promotion ready. Just so they can put their stamp on you when you did the whole work.

That being said I believe it should be the role of media and labels to provide cultural richness to people, mainstream or not. But nowadays, labels and medias usually are owned by the same group and they're pushing for the same artist to be excessively played on the national medias. So they can get more money from copyright and stuff. That leads to a very clear formatting process of the music that's played on the radio.

I mean... When was the last time you've heard great bands on the radio? (not that I'll call my band a great band btw). Even the older and most known bands (from Metallica, the foo fighters, Slash...) aren't played on the radio. And smaller upcoming need to format their songs to fit in (just like Muse back then, or others) that format. Richness and diversity in our musical environment is fading away. Which can't lead to an open mind in the audience. That's why so many people listen to older music bands and styles. We're killing young bands, and killing our right to claim good music.
Music has become another consumption product for teenagers and young adults. Just like sweets and coke!

No idea what % you get from a digital purchase but I grabbed it to listen to more on iTunes...I usually buy CDs but digital is the lazy option, sorry.

jkdsteve":2r2vwfyi said:
No idea what % you get from a digital purchase but I grabbed it to listen to more on iTunes...I usually buy CDs but digital is the lazy option, sorry.

Thanks, Steve! I really appreciate. I don't remember the rate to be honest. But if I was doing it for the money I probably picked up the wrong job! HAHAHA

PBGas":2r2vwfyi said:
Very nicely done! Sounds great!
I gather you used a Kemper for the record?

Right, it's all done with a Kemper. I mostly use Friedman SS and Vox AC30 handwired profiles from TheAmpFactory.
However the sound engineer replaced some of my guitars with a JCM 800 profile at times.

Back