Randall Satan Owners?

I have one. It kills. Very tight, defined, articulate tones. Regardless of 7 strings, dropped tunning, etc. Definitely a bright, tight sounding amp. Clean channel is above average too.

No special speakers, pickups, or od/boost pedal out front needed. Think of it as modified Recto + od pedal always on sound... with a little Fryette UL tightness thrown in from the KT88s. The 3 separate gain controls are the main attraction here.

I don't own one but I've played one several times, and I'd love to have one. I personally like the Thrasher a tiny bit more, not sure why, but the Satan is amazing. It's bright and to me sounds like a Marshall modded for the brootz. The cleans are very, very good. The only thing about them are that I'd prefer to use a boost or light OD in front than full-on distortion from the amp because they're big and loud amps, and if you're just playing at home or guitar store volume most of the time, it won't sound and feel as good as when it's kinda loud. There's a Thrasher 50, but I'd wish they'd make a Satan 50.

I bought a Satan 6 months ago and still love it. If you are a fan of Fortin stuff, but don't want to spend 4-6k on an amp, the Fortin/Randall stuff is cool.

Back