Universal Audio Apollo

lll

Banned
I've got the UA LA-610 MkII... now looking at their Apollo lineup (computer interface).

Anyone have hands-on experience with it?

I'm a fan. I have an Apollo Twin and love it. I wish I had the dough for the 8 ch. pre. UA makes good stuff.

I will be grabbing the Apollo 8 Quad sometime this year most likely. Just upgraded from the Safire Pro 24 to the Clarett 8pre but I like the idea that the UAD mic pre plug ins make the inputs act as though they were the actual mic pre's and not just added in post.

+1 - Very good quality products.
Both the hardware and the software are excellent. The UAD plugins are absolutely some of the best available and their years of experience making high end hardware is evident in the converters and mic pre's.

Been using an 8P with Reaper for a year and a half with zero problems. None.
The UA interface is awesome - the plugs are awesome. Big fan here.
(watch me get home tonight and have a problem)

david simpson":3k21cb6o said:
Been using an 8P with Reaper for a year and a half with zero problems. None.
The UA interface is awesome - the plugs are awesome. Big fan here.
(watch me get home tonight and have a problem)
:hys:

Love my Twin USB. I'm adding the SSL4000 Waves plugins to my Sound Toys 5 and UAD arsenal tonight. Beastly sounding home recordings.

I'm getting close to updating, it looks like its between the Apollo, the Apogee Ensemble, or the brand new Stevens Slate interface that for just a bit more, will get you all the updated plug ins free forever. The convertors in the Apogee should be fantastic, but I'm already using the UA plug ins, and they really are fantastic. The Slate system has a mike that will supposidly emulate all the fantastic mikes of old, with realistic emulations of all the great mic-pres. Hard to find someone who has his paws on it yet, I'm trying to hold out till a buddy of mine gets his so I can get some real input on it. Free updated plug ins forever is mighty inviting, but only if the system works as advertised, as sounds as good as they claim it does. It comes with the plug ins free for a year, then the bundle must be purchased, but only the one time, updates and new plug ins are free after that. Supposed mastering grade convertors with a huge plug in array. I cut myself short on the convertors last time around, it was really the last thing on my mind, but hearing my bass players Benchmark unit with super high-end convertors in it made my jaw litterally hit the floor. It was like I was hearing the songs he played through it for the very first time. I wont make that mistake again.
Slate is a relative newcomer to recording interfaces, but the system as a whole is a really cool concept if it delivers. If it does, I'm in ;)
The numbers and specs on the Slate Digital system are very impressive, take a look-https://www.gearnews.com/namm-2017-slate-digital-vrs8/

In the end, it either delivers or it dosent, if not, I'm back to likely the Apollo. I'm patiently waiting for some intel before I buy anything.
Being in a hurry on a purchase of this magnitude has bitten me on the ass twice already
I hear a lot of smoke blowing in the vid in the link, but I'm willing to listen to someone who actually has used it

Just got the Apollo8 and so far really easy to use and their youtube video presence is nice.. I mean Ive watched alot of the plugin vids which helped me figure out my bundle. I Came from the focusrite Liquid Saffire56 and theres not much comparison so far.. quality and ease of use. Price was 3x but we dont really care about that now do we.. Id also consider an newer RME UFX+, but noone really has the intel aside from the internet users that praise them.. Ive heard good things. The software interface of the UAD just appealed to me. And so far it seems pretty good..Plus I got the Friedman Amp pack and that Dirty Shirley is NICE!!

Anyone do Thunderbolt from Win 10? That's what I'm fixin to do and it looks like if I don't buy the specific motherboard and build a PC myself I would be taking a chance of the Apollo not working correct. Man I'm already broke before my tax return has even gotten here.

lll":2nuw4fmf said:
slyym":2nuw4fmf said:
Anyone do Thunderbolt from Win 10? That's what I'm fixin to do and it looks like if I don't buy the specific motherboard and build a PC myself I would be taking a chance of the Apollo not working correct. Man I'm already broke before my tax return has even gotten here.

See if this works with your (non-Thunderbolt) motherboard:

https://www.amazon.com/Asus-ThunderboltEX-DUAL-Thunderbolt-THUNDERBOLTEX/dp/B00LOAX71O
You know I might as well before I spend any more money but I was under the impression that they wouldn't work. At least that's what UA says. I did see a few threads about untested setups like these working good.

Back