NAD - 79 JMP Modded

1meanplexi

Hey Crew.

I really wanted a JMP type amp that has a mod for (of course) more gain. Well, enter the 79 JMP 50 watt. Always lived and died by 100 watt heads but this little mother fucker breaths and spits fire. All I know is that someone added a 4th tube/gain stage. I have no idea who did the work but wow. I now know what people mean by liquid leads. I hit the front end with my KoKo boost and it just takes it into uncharted territory. This amp LOVES pedals.

My ENGL is the supersonic hit it with a laser guided missle. The JMP is open the bombay doors and kill anything within the radius of the drop zone. Not a forensic review but the best I could do on short notice :rock: on !!!!!

-gotta love the late 70's JMP/JCM's!!!-(don't you dare putting that work of art in a new shell, it would suck the tone right out of it)-

sg guy":hqa7j1fa said:
-gotta love the late 70's JMP/JCM's!!!-(don't you dare putting that work of art in a new shell, it would suck the tone right out of it)-

Awe....fuck no! This bitch has earned her tears, dents, scars. History will remain intact and untouched.

Congrats! Vintage Marshalls, stock or modded should be in every players arsenal. I'm picking up a stock '78 2204 tomorrow. Can't wait!

Racerxrated":356v32aj said:
Congrats! Vintage Marshalls, stock or modded should be in every players arsenal. I'm picking up a stock '78 2204 tomorrow. Can't wait!

It's probably my imagination, but it seems like I see you talking about picking up a new Marshall for the collection every week... :D I'm one to talk!

Congrats to the OP! Gotta love an old JMP.

Killer! Just sold an '83 2203 modded by Friedman to a rig talk member. I miss it already! I want to find a JMP 4-holer and mod it myself...I didn't feel comfortable turning a 'modded-by-Friedman' amp into a 'modded-by-Friedman-then-hacked-by-some-rando' amp.

Awesome!!

I regret selling my JMP 50 watt. It was either a 78 or 79, can't remember.

I picked it up in EXCELLENT condition, couldn't believe the shape it was in actually.

I had it in to be modded buy a guy who is well known for his mod work but after 7 months of him sitting on it, I pulled the plug and had him send it back to me stock. I was so pissy about that whole experience I just sold the amp; wish I hadn't :cry:

Congrats I went through 5 amps last year Friedman SS/Be-100,Bogner Xtc,Diezel Herbert and Einstein sold them all and scored a killer Jmp -Gower Rockmonster I'm never selling this one .

NewWorldMan":1290xrby said:
Racerxrated":1290xrby said:

It's probably my imagination, but it seems like I see you talking about picking up a new Marshall for the collection every week... :D I'm one to talk!

Congrats to the OP! Gotta love an old JMP.
Yeah I'm always moving something to bring another in it seems..have the 2C+ SRG, 1990 black tolex Jubilee and tomorrow the 78 2204. I also have a 1986 JCM 800 1959, Nick(dawnofdreamx97) is putting his mod on as we speak..should get her next week!

Then, on to guitars... :rock:

I have one modded by Splawn and someone else.

Ch3mxfG.jpg

kLr7vPQ.jpg

YdAXQXL.jpg

I have to get the ohms switch fixed but it's a beast for sure. Splawn added a footswitch that gives it a pretty good boost.

SpiderWars":3j6dnfa1 said:
Killer! Just sold an '83 2203 modded by Friedman to a rig talk member. I miss it already! I want to find a JMP 4-holer and mod it myself...I didn't feel comfortable turning a 'modded-by-Friedman' amp into a 'modded-by-Friedman-then-hacked-by-some-rando' amp.

I believe there is a 4 holer on Chrisguitars.com for sale.

This amp just represents the Zenith of rock. I am curious...what do you guys run for power and pres? I also took note that this was modded as well in the power section for EL34's.

MrDowntown":1ijnp4mz said:
Awesome NAD. Thing looks like it has been there seen it all.

It is crazy to think about it. I was 4 when this thing was made. Now all these years later it is in my hands and still really pissed off. If it could only talk - sort of speak....

1meanplexi":3re5iceo said:
This amp just represents the Zenith of rock. I am curious...what do you guys run for power and pres? I also took note that this was modded as well in the power section for EL34's.
I like Siemens and Winged Cs best for 34s.Vintage Mullards are great but hard to find. New production Tung Sols are good too, I like them better than any JJs. Chinese 8th/9th gen, Telefunken and Amperex are my favorite pres.Not sure about new production

Congrats!! I love my 76 JMP! Mine has 6550 power tubes and was modded by Trace at Voodoo Amps with a HG Jose mod and a bunch of extra features that allow me to achieve a high gain sound or the vintage classic JMP sound we all love. The orange headshell was made by Scott Splawn to match the Orange cab.
Hg_9XUiqOPL2fHpTnw7D3vgjAro-DlnvENsxzU_FJWcLy3yBHOJLUkszwBdDb0veJA8_dAeOtHTKjZaS9F_WIzSgyualSlHmBOqhmRkEHsUUKXRQbtbai2AAQrRkxHq0XDGJPg7L008ZPq_2IED8M7MruAw7p8l8BYWIMiVw5lCXlRH89U5FtXQy3Dj6LGrAupccA4a6s9j70aFczK6AdGjuhlecTiK9ZnXlFAmypRa5X5OPaHkth3Y1WDvhG2Hf2QCN7XchKocICxrpq_q6NbhKzH-iqaQThvJcRRyj_2KTSvWR6_p9vEYVEwMwlZANhCGVFQJBfxrU4vGWDF-xBCPmU1ihB6fB5yV-vgW1j9QQzfPA1qTWLcCbj9muM9-esW-TUTf4hyxU1_jzD3rNiryVbCp5S2a6kcUxj3ZOTKIqwgxaZAKCAYrd8fymfm2E3JdJbsTUb-a5QhOkatt9ivmUh3iNcoAEyHp8WPOWbjF6yb-cGUsbHNqKTrNozZBQPLjFFo9tiQN7dj9hG85Pq5QbToILz6eS8qSq8paiY_c8yN6amWRzyRFmltyPEoDvwGf9AqdliwUICvdb5QI6D1dMKML6G4P7IaiZdBgM4N_YDPtLL6eA=w464-h618-no

Back