Kiesel's customer service sucks!

messenger":l5nkl8bu said:
FYI those lines aren't parallel ;) so doesn't really show much.

The green are the exact same distance away. The yellow are the exact same distance away.

7kJAYiO.png

dfrattaroli":1jxknwcg said:
I find myself coming back to this thread because of Kiesel's response. I'm disappointed as a Kiesel owner and am concerned that it could happen to me if I bought another. I'm actually considering selling my 2 Kiesels on principle. Sounds nutty, I know but it bothers me. The quality of the product is there in spades but their response was just poor.

This actually makes total sense to me. I felt the same way about Music Man when Sterling Ball ripped me apart for misunderstanding a post I made on the music man forum. He said that I accused him of something that I did not. At the end of the day, after the smoke settled, I just left a bad taste in my mouth about him, his ego, and the idea of supporting his company. I ended up selling all of my music man guitars but I bought one or two years later because they are pretty awesome quality guitars.

But it's really hard to overlook how Sterling can fly off the handle so easily and turn his back on his customers

mystixboi":w8rwl2k7 said:
dfrattaroli":w8rwl2k7 said:
I find myself coming back to this thread because of Kiesel's response. I'm disappointed as a Kiesel owner and am concerned that it could happen to me if I bought another. I'm actually considering selling my 2 Kiesels on principle. Sounds nutty, I know but it bothers me. The quality of the product is there in spades but their response was just poor.

This actually makes total sense to me. I felt the same way about Music Man when Sterling Ball ripped me apart for misunderstanding a post I made on the music man forum. He said that I accused him of something that I did not. At the end of the day, after the smoke settled, I just left a bad taste in my mouth about him, his ego, and the idea of supporting his company. I ended up selling all of my music man guitars but I bought one or two years later because they are pretty awesome quality guitars.

But it's really hard to overlook how Sterling can fly off the handle so easily and turn his back on his customers

I remember that fiasco with EBMM. Sterling Ball is the reason I sold all of my EBMMs. Had a similar experience. I won't even get into what went down there.

dfrattaroli":1jcb7k48 said:
mystixboi":1jcb7k48 said:
dfrattaroli":1jcb7k48 said:

I remember that fiasco with EBMM. Sterling Ball is the reason I sold all of my EBMMs. Had a similar experience. I won't even get into what went down there.

Same here. Back in the day, I had owned quite a few new EBMM's, but his ego and the general way they do business turned me off. Nowadays, I have one used EBMM that is at the bottom of the chain of other guitars that I play, with no plans to buy another. If I were in a position to need to sell one, it'd be the EBMM. Sterling Ball can kiss my ass.

Tone Zone":130rqfjb said:
Same here. Back in the day, I had owned quite a few new EBMM's, but his ego and the general way they do business turned me off. Nowadays, I have one used EBMM that is at the bottom of the chain of other guitars that I play, with no plans to buy another. If I were in a position to need to sell one, it'd be the EBMM. Sterling Ball can kiss my ass.

He's on a whole 'nother level as they say. Back in 2008, I had 3 EBMMs and 3 Carvins. All very nice guitars. Pro stuff of course. Then I had a bad experience with their support on a couple of different things.

That's when I actively started looking for something else. Just happened to find a Suhr at The Music Zoo and immediately went home and sold all 6 of my guitars. Still have the 2 Suhr Moderns I ordered back in 2008 and 2009. For me nothing touches a Suhr. Then I came across the Vader and ordered one in 2015 along with a Bolt in 2016. Had 2 support issues with the Vader regarding the zero fret and Hipshot saddles. The saddles were replaced by Hipshot but I got less than acceptable support IMO, from Kiesel on the zero fret. IMO, they totally mishandled both issues. My Bolt however is perfect and is amazing. You can't touch that guitar at twice what I paid for it. Now, the Vader is all good since both issues have been resolved.

phil b":1tgbu9p6 said:
MetalHeadMike":1tgbu9p6 said:

Holy crap!! Given the pics of the bridge saddles height and the thickness of the neck in that pocket, Jeff Kiessel should be embarrassed that that guitar went out the door to begin with. Thats some amateur work/design right there..

What am i missing here? Yes the saddles are way up but so are the strings! Strings appear to be 1/2" off the fretboard...

This looks like a simple lowering of the saddles would fix it.

MetalHeadMike":1nps62rc said:
The saddles were completely maxed out on the 6th and 5th strings and then almost maxed out on the remaining four. I couldn't get the saddles anywhere near adjusted to match the fretboard radius. It played REALLY bad. Action was horrible. This was set up by them as requested by me in drop C with .012-.054 strings. No way the saddles should have been had to be set at that height, but even a fraction of a mm lower and there was fret buzz all over the fretboard. I thought if they replaced the .125" Hipshot with the .175" taller version that this could have corrected things. Or hell, even if they had shimmed the neck, or both?

I know, reading can be hard, but it's right there...

jsp":3f0ns05s said:
MetalHeadMike":3f0ns05s said:
The saddles were completely maxed out on the 6th and 5th strings and then almost maxed out on the remaining four. I couldn't get the saddles anywhere near adjusted to match the fretboard radius. It played REALLY bad. Action was horrible. This was set up by them as requested by me in drop C with .012-.054 strings. No way the saddles should have been had to be set at that height, but even a fraction of a mm lower and there was fret buzz all over the fretboard. I thought if they replaced the .125" Hipshot with the .175" taller version that this could have corrected things. Or hell, even if they had shimmed the neck, or both?

a simple loosening of the truss rod would have solved.

/Closed

joesatch":2henu2o5 said:
jsp":2henu2o5 said:
MetalHeadMike":2henu2o5 said:

/Closed

Ummm..... no! There is no amount of relief that could fix by looking at the pics. That and the OPs description says it all. This is all old news btw.. Why bring this up in a first post? Instead of making you look credible it just makes you look like 1.your a Kiesel Shill or 2. your a fanboy.... Welcome to the forum btw. ;)

phil b":3c8jzdya said:
joesatch":3c8jzdya said:
jsp":3c8jzdya said:
MetalHeadMike":3c8jzdya said:

/Closed

Ummm..... no! There is no amount of relief that could fix by looking at the pics. That and the OPs description says it all. This is all old news btw.. Why bring this up in a first post? Instead of making you look credible it just makes you look like 1.your a Kiesel Shill or 2. your a fanboy.... Welcome to the forum btw. ;)

Let's just stop feeding the troll.

/Closed

I have been a client of Kiesel Guitars (Carvin) for many years. I have bought 9 guitars from them. 3 over the past year and a half. I was on Facebook and saw a live video of Jeff Kiesel announcing a special guitar run. It was for a new model called Vanquish. I liked what I heard and saw and decided to order one. I spoke with Mike Jones, went through the specifics, gave him my credit card and placed the order. They were only supposed to take a 300 deposit as per Mike Jones. They banged my card for over $600. The very next day (less than 13 hours since I placed the order), I called back and spoke to Mike. I wanted to make a few changes on the guitar. I have done this in the past when ordering from Kiesel. Mike told me NO. He said it was against the rules. I was like what rules? Mike said, the rules that were posted on Facebook. No one ever told me about any rules or conditions. When I ordered the guitar there was nothing disclosed to me. On top of all that, they never sent me a receipt or anything about rules / policy. I got no email, nothing, zero!! So when Mike refused to change my order, I told him to please just cancel the order. He told me NO! He told me according to the rules, I can not cancel the order. So, I went back and forth with some of the supervisors. Joe Stone emailed me that he has to follow Jeff Kiesel’s orders! I told them I would dispute the credit card charges. I Called my CC company, but so far I have not gotten my money back. It’s been 3 months and now I get an email the guitar is done and they want the balance. I told the person I cancelled the guitar. Now I get an email from another supervisor Anthony San Agustin. He tells me in the email that because I am cancelling I can no longer do future business with Kiesel. LOL!! Like I would ever want to again!! I mean their guitars are ok, but the customer service and the way they treat their long term, loyal clients is a joke! Joe Stone called me today. You could hear in his voice when I spoke to him, that he was basically stumbling on his words and he was quite embarrassed with the situation. He kept putting the blame on Jeff Kiesel. He said this is Jeff’s decision and that he has to follow protocol. I actually recorded the conversation.
You can listen hear:
https://hearthis.at/kieselguitars/kieseldick/C6W/
So to sum it up, I ordered a guitar, gave them a deposit.
I was not told about any rules or conditions when I ordered my guitar.
I also was unaware of a Facebook Page that displayed these rules. How would I know this!?!?
I also did not receive any paperwork. No receipt, no rules or terms.
Now they wont give me back my deposit! So Jeff Kiesel basically has stolen my money!!
He obviously has some kind of Napoleon complex, and all his employee puppets follow his dictatorship! I just can’t understand why the guy can’t realize how wrong he is in this instance and either give me back my money, or make the changes that I requested. Again, these so called rules where never told to me. I only knew about them after I made the purchase, and that is totally unfair! Jeff Kiesel of Kiesel guitars is a thief!!

JeffKiesel":1pw9i2db said:
I have been a client of Kiesel Guitars (Carvin) for many years. I have bought 9 guitars from them. 3 over the past year and a half. I was on Facebook and saw a live video of Jeff Kiesel announcing a special guitar run. It was for a new model called Vanquish. I liked what I heard and saw and decided to order one. I spoke with Mike Jones, went through the specifics, gave him my credit card and placed the order. They were only supposed to take a 300 deposit as per Mike Jones. They banged my card for over $600. The very next day (less than 13 hours since I placed the order), I called back and spoke to Mike. I wanted to make a few changes on the guitar. I have done this in the past when ordering from Kiesel. Mike told me NO. He said it was against the rules. I was like what rules? Mike said, the rules that were posted on Facebook. No one ever told me about any rules or conditions. When I ordered the guitar there was nothing disclosed to me. On top of all that, they never sent me a receipt or anything about rules / policy. I got no email, nothing, zero!! So when Mike refused to change my order, I told him to please just cancel the order. He told me NO! He told me according to the rules, I can not cancel the order. So, I went back and forth with some of the supervisors. Joe Stone emailed me that he has to follow Jeff Kiesel’s orders! I told them I would dispute the credit card charges. I Called my CC company, but so far I have not gotten my money back. It’s been 3 months and now I get an email the guitar is done and they want the balance. I told the person I cancelled the guitar. Now I get an email from another supervisor Anthony San Agustin. He tells me in the email that because I am cancelling I can no longer do future business with Kiesel. LOL!! Like I would ever want to again!! I mean their guitars are ok, but the customer service and the way they treat their long term, loyal clients is a joke! Joe Stone called me today. You could hear in his voice when I spoke to him, that he was basically stumbling on his words and he was quite embarrassed with the situation. He kept putting the blame on Jeff Kiesel. He said this is Jeff’s decision and that he has to follow protocol. I actually recorded the conversation.
You can listen hear:
https://hearthis.at/kieselguitars/kieseldick/C6W/
So to sum it up, I ordered a guitar, gave them a deposit.
I was not told about any rules or conditions when I ordered my guitar.
I also was unaware of a Facebook Page that displayed these rules. How would I know this!?!?
I also did not receive any paperwork. No receipt, no rules or terms.
Now they wont give me back my deposit! So Jeff Kiesel basically has stolen my money!!
He obviously has some kind of Napoleon complex, and all his employee puppets follow his dictatorship! I just can’t understand why the guy can’t realize how wrong he is in this instance and either give me back my money, or make the changes that I requested. Again, these so called rules where never told to me. I only knew about them after I made the purchase, and that is totally unfair! Jeff Kiesel of Kiesel guitars is a thief!!

Ummmm what’s with your user name? :confused:

Shawn Lutz":2pe21q8g said:
I don't get coming here, posting a response and then baling out not reading any replies. Seemed like a good opportunity to set the record straight and/or have establish a dialog with their customers or potential customer base.

Totally agree. Its like they dropped a bomb and ran.

Ever so offer someone be has to dig this thread or a similar thread up .

I’ll admit Kiesel dropped the ball with the op . But as far as a quality product goes , there are far fewer complaints On Kiesel than Gibson . Most people like myself are more than pleased with their Kiesel .

I’m tired of hearing “ they don’t have the mojo “. Yes their pickups suck as do all guitar manufactures pickups . Drop some bare knuckles , or WCR pups is and they can’t be beat .

My Kiesel cs6 blows the Gibson axcess it replaced into the weeds.

Back