Need a versatile TS / Boost, what am I looking for.

I see both pedals have built in compression, I am running a TC hypergravity in the line so compression isn't overly necessary.

I own a ton of boutique overdrives. The best I have are my Landgraff D.O., Klon KTR, Ibanez TS808HW, Maxon OD820 and JHS Moonshine. The Waza Craft BD2W is awesome, but if you want more of a TS flavor, then the Waza Craft SD1W might be for you. I own a Timmy, but do not like it for metal. I like it best with bright 6L6 amps, but it can sound great through my 1987x. The Moonshine is probably the most versatile of the top ones I listed. It also has a fantastic feel to it, so if you ever want a high gain feel but without all the distortion, it's great on a clean channel. It goes up to a medium overdrive. Works damned near as good as the KTR as a clean boost. However, if you want a do-it-all pedal that always sounds good then the OD820 cannot be beat. More gain than a tube screamer, a clean boost as good or better than the KTR, a voltage switch that lets you go 18v or 9v to more or less headroom, and a VERY nice feel to it.

I really like my Rockett Archer (Klon clone), Bodenhamer Bloody Murder, and Koko Boost (original). The original Marshall Guv'nor is also killer. Last but not least an original TS808 was probably my favorite- should have never gotten rid of it. I hear the HW version is close so might be worth a shot.

There as many opinions as there are boosts...hard to go wrong with a TS9 or TS808, modded or not....personally my go-to is a Keeley Mod SD-1 but it's more metal than warm!

timeroo":2twexoka said:
Red_Label":2twexoka said:
As a long time live country and rock lead shredder, my recomendations would be Visual Sound Route 66 and Bogner Harlow. Lately I prefer the Harlow. It's slightly less squishy, but more natural and organically compressed like a pushed tube amp. The bloom control is the crux of the pedal.

I've acheived excellent Paisley-esque tones with both. Both have been used for a variety of different lead tones.

I was looking at the route 66 a ways back, I have heard that some of the early models are really noisey, which model are you rocking? It really interests me since the older models are going for really cheap. I will look into the Bogner!

I used to gig the dual comp/OD version. It was V2. Right now I just have the comp. Also V2.

But the Harlow is pretty awesome... as a clean boost, compressor, and an OD. It's really an amazing pedal. Also used it in front of a dimed clean channel on my Smallbox, to nail early VH tones.

Racerxrated":16qw8j48 said:
Cusack Screamer with the level/gain low. It is VERY transparent, and used about 100 bucks. Great pedal.

This for a TS type pedal. The Koko Boost is another great one.

VFE Dragon.

Can do TS, EQ/w some boost, And overdrive. Up to 18volts, trimpot for compression/saturation.

All while clearer and more dynamic.

timeroo":ntw093gu said:
GOHOINC":ntw093gu said:
Earthquaker Devices Dunes

Seems very cool, Ill put it on the list, can't find any used models and I am not up for spending $210 on one.
I got mine used not long after they came out for like 130. Been on my board ever since. Great pedal.

Kartakou Warmer. A lot of sound options including different chips. Looks nice and the LED lighting rim is nice touch. And you can customise the color and look of the pedal. Highly recommended.

Back