Those Marshalls are so last century.
You should sell them and buy a Kemper. It's all you need.

Signed, Internet Guitar Player. ;)

Badronald":dyi936po said:

This made my day! :LOL: :LOL:

Great amps, man what a thrill!

Leave them in the hallway. Screw "traditional" looks in a house. I'd leave them there and call that hallway "The Tone Zone"!! :)

Badronald":28kglcp0 said:

You're probably right.
I could run the Major as a slave with a Kemper. :D

romanianreaper":3h4niko5 said:
Leave them in the hallway. Screw "traditional" looks in a house. I'd leave them there and call that hallway "The Tone Zone"!! :)

Lol, it's more like the twilight zone in my hallway. :)

yngwiestrat":2vd9akmf said:
The 68 used to be mine. Sold it a few months ago

Well, I'm not sure it's the same amp.
However, I'm sure it will end-up at my house and in my hands at some point in it's life time. :)

Wow, nice! The major is one Marshall I'm not very familiar with; what makes these amps special for you? Old Marshalls are f'n loud, I can't imagine what a 200w would sound like without picturing my eardrums bleeding through earplugs :LOL: :LOL: Those transformers have some magic mojo you prefer or what?

MichaelR/T":1gneqxix said:
VH4_BigRig":1gneqxix said:
Wow, nice! The major is one Marshall I'm not very familiar with; what makes these amps special for you? Old Marshalls are f'n loud, I can't imagine what a 200w would sound like without picturing my eardrums bleeding through earplugs :LOL: :LOL: Those transformers have some magic mojo you prefer or what?

I just really like the way they sound with a few circuit tweaks.
You can check out this sound clip I made of my '68 Major and maybe get a better understanding of what I'm talking about.

-I think the secret to the major is the iron, big iron, big tone... Michael, its obvious you have a MAJOR issue!

MichaelR/T":34dsgtty said:
yngwiestrat":34dsgtty said:

However, I'm sure it will end-up at my house and in my hands at some point in it's life time. :)

It's definitely the same amp. I can tell by the marks on it plus I put the little Marshall model number tag on the back.

When you're not so busy. I might send the one I still have and did the one wire mod to to see if there are any other tweaks that could be done

Man, that vid sounded great! How loud did you have it in the room? I also like how your mic stand was a bunch of VHS tapes, kids these days probably have no idea what they are! Rewind? What's that? :LOL: :LOL:

yngwiestrat":2qjc5xug said:
MichaelR/T":2qjc5xug said:
yngwiestrat":2qjc5xug said:

It's definitely the same amp. I can tell by the marks on it plus I put the little Marshall model number tag on the back.

When you're not so busy. I might send the one I still have and did the one wire mod to to see if there are any other tweaks that could be done

Yeah, if you want to send me your '68 Major, that's fine.
I can mod it like my '68 Major if you like.

VH4_BigRig":3p80wp72 said:
Man, that vid sounded great! How loud did you have it in the room? I also like how your mic stand was a bunch of VHS tapes, kids these days probably have no idea what they are! Rewind? What's that? :LOL: :LOL:

Thank you for checking it out. :thumbsup:
In the video I didn't have the volume that loud at all, maybe TV listening volume is a good way to describe it.
I like to use the old crappy VHS tapes for a consistent mic placement. It's kinda funny but they work pretty good.

Back