World Exclusive! LOL! Diezel VH4 Pedal / Katana Head demo!

Rdodson":zw248a0a said:
I'm no chugga chugga guy but I thought it sounded very good. Good demo!
Hey thanks! Just checked out your Bogner Helios demo! Sounds killer.

Beandust":zw248a0a said:
Thanks for the post. Cool sounds, great chops! Definitely a heavy tone. The mids are very different and actually very good for having another sound in the Arsenal. I like how you did this with the Katana, ss.platform as it seems to give a good representation of the sound of the pedal. With a big tube power section your kind of getting right where you'd be with a diezel head so to speak. Not to get slammed for saying it's the same as I don't see it would be by any stretch.I hear the guts of the Kitana in this demo as to be expected. It's very cool how big amps have signature sounds that come from the power section somewhat. I never thought of it that way, always chasing the gain greed of the pre-amp,lol Cool pedal regardless. A Dr Z, a diezel, be-od and you have a nasty rig for great cleans ,blues, 80s, modern metal..Thanks again! Great stuff!!!
Hey man, thanks for checking it out! Yeah, I was thinking a BE-OD, Bogner Blue and the newer version of this pedal would have all bases covered!

mdc1mdc11":zw248a0a said:
how is the noise floor on that pedal when idle but engaged?
It did not seem overly noises to be honest. It was pretty quiet and didn't need any kind of noise gate when doing the demo.

jinch0":3fv87diu said:
I have a katana head and a friedman od on the way. Can't wait.
Nice! Like I said in the vid, the BE sounded great with my little Quilter so I'm sure it'll be solid with the Katana.

That sounded better than I thought it would... Still want a Torpedo Studio but have been side tracking towards wanting a Kemper lately... will it ever end lol.

I'm not into tons of gain(most diezel clips are maxed out) but I liked the demo. I thought it sounded pretty good for what would be a 600 rig. I would love be to try a real vh4. Another great demo, keep rocking

errrrrl":gfhhysxq said:
That sounded better than I thought it would... Still want a Torpedo Studio but have been side tracking towards wanting a Kemper lately... will it ever end lol.
Lol! Man it NEVER ends! Glad you didn't hate t!

cecilbag":gfhhysxq said:
I'm not into tons of gain(most diezel clips are maxed out) but I liked the demo. I thought it sounded pretty good for what would be a 600 rig. I would love be to try a real vh4. Another great demo, keep rocking
Hey thanks man! I appreciate the encouragement! I am NOT a huge high gain guy either. I have never played any Diezel stuff outside the Einstein but really want to check more stuff out from them.

Elric":gfhhysxq said:
Very nice for a no toobs setup.
Thanks! I really upset some fella on the Katana FB page as he thought I was knocking the amp when I said, "if it sounds good through the Katana it'll sound good through anything." I figured in context of the vid it was more complimentary. I guess it didn't come off that way! Lol!

Very cool. Man, it's impressive how the Katana can handle this thing, and that they are within 40$ of each other! Nice clip my friend. Just wanted to add that your videos are great man. You've got the settings for the pedal in the lower left corner, nice editing, etc,,, the work you put into your vids really makes them a cut above the rest man! :rock:

Curious, is the switch on your VH4 pedal very stiff/loud and cheap feeling?

I love the pedal but for $300 I was expecting top notch build quality like my Bogner pedals.

LanierP":1dpbnfh0 said:
Very cool. Man, it's impressive how the Katana can handle this thing, and that they are within 40$ of each other! Nice clip my friend. Just wanted to add that your videos are great man. You've got the settings for the pedal in the lower left corner, nice editing, etc,,, the work you put into your vids really makes them a cut above the rest man! :rock:
Thanks a lot man! I appreciate you taking the time to check it out! Trying to do something to set my vids apart if possible. Also trying to keep them objective and not just "commercials" for stuff I don't actually like. Thanks again though. I know there are a few "go to" guys for people and hope I can get into that category for VIEWERS. I've spent a lot of time time trying to build my credibility and a reputation for being a straight shooter. Don't want to just do demos on any old piece of crap or be in a position where I can't be honest about a piece of gear.

maddnotez":1dpbnfh0 said:
Ahh....nothing better than Dunkys Demos to go with my coffee to get my day started.
Heck yeah kid!!! That's what I'm talkin' about!

acidvoodoo":1dpbnfh0 said:
Curious, is the switch on your VH4 pedal very stiff/loud and cheap feeling?

I love the pedal but for $300 I was expecting top notch build quality like my Bogner pedals.
You know, not that I noticed. The casing feel pretty light but doesn't necessarily feel less sturdy than anything else. Switch feels solid. Feels like most any other switch I've used. I'll give it a few presses thiugh. It's actually not my pedal and I am dropping it off to another buddy from the forums.

Not tried the Bogner pedals so not sure how those feel. I will say, NOTHING feels as solid as the Two Notes chassis on the Live and Studio. Some THICK metal there. I have never been more surprised by a few pieces of gear.

I think the Diezel pedal is likely sturdy enough for years of use. I would say though, never equate retail cost with how well it might be made. Blades... gnome sayin'?

Cool demo and helpful for me. I've been wondering if the VH4 pedal would be good for me, I really like the BE-OD. But it seems the VH4 just isn't quite the right voice for this old Marshall lover. Some people like apples...some like oranges.

Sounds great bro! It's crazy to think that the Boss is around the same money as this. I like owning both though. :D

Gsxrbusa":xi493c79 said:
Sounds great bro! It's crazy to think that the Boss is around the same money as this. I like owning both though. :D
Right??? LOL! I am pretty impressed with how much it SOUNDS like a Diezel (based on clips I have been listening to). Really would like to check out the new version with 2 channels AND the Zerrer...

Maybe Diezel will send me one to demo? Not likely but a girl can dream! LOL!

JerEvil":1drgi7s5 said:
You know, not that I noticed. The casing feel pretty light but doesn't necessarily feel less sturdy than anything else. Switch feels solid. Feels like most any other switch I've used. I'll give it a few presses thiugh. It's actually not my pedal and I am dropping it off to another buddy from the forums.

Not tried the Bogner pedals so not sure how those feel. I will say, NOTHING feels as solid as the Two Notes chassis on the Live and Studio. Some THICK metal there. I have never been more surprised by a few pieces of gear.

I think the Diezel pedal is likely sturdy enough for years of use. I would say though, never equate retail cost with how well it might be made. Blades... gnome sayin'?
Hmmmm must just be mine...needs more stomping. The Bogner switches are very nice, almost silent compared to VH4.

Nice demo by the way!

acidvoodoo":2swxp8uj said:
JerEvil":2swxp8uj said:

Hmmmm must just be mine...needs more stomping. The Bogner switches are very nice, almost silent compared to VH4.

Nice demo by the way!
Yeah man, stomp the heck out of it!

Thanks and glad you dug the vid. I will need to check out the Bogner pedals at some point. I think I know a few dudes that own them so maybe I can borrow one for a vid.

Nice vid man. Good to see the settings while you play, hope I can figure out how to do that in vids someday! Lol.

Having owned a VH4 for 7-8 years, the pedal sounds to me like it captures the aggressive character and tight feel of the amp, but has an underlying fizz that wasn't there in the actual amp. I'm not sure if it's the fact that it's solid state or something else with the gain/treble setup within the pedal, but that was the main thing that caught my attention. Considering you were playing through an all solid state setup it sounded good to me! The last setting at the 7 minute mark was pretty damn close to how I used to dial in my amp. It also sounded like the bass is better off lower on the pedal, did it feel that way while playing it?

Been on the fence about getting one, but the price point has scared me off so far. Would probably get a BE-OD first based on a poll I ran a while back. Cheers!

VH4_BigRig":2tdoj691 said:
Nice vid man. Good to see the settings while you play, hope I can figure out how to do that in vids someday! Lol.

Having owned a VH4 for 7-8 years, the pedal sounds to me like it captures the aggressive character and tight feel of the amp, but has an underlying fizz that wasn't there in the actual amp. I'm not sure if it's the fact that it's solid state or something else with the gain/treble setup within the pedal, but that was the main thing that caught my attention. Considering you were playing through an all solid state setup it sounded good to me! The last setting at the 7 minute mark was pretty damn close to how I used to dial in my amp. It also sounded like the bass is better off lower on the pedal, did it feel that way while playing it?

Been on the fence about getting one, but the price point has scared me off so far. Would probably get a BE-OD first based on a poll I ran a while back. Cheers!
Thanks man. Yeah I prefer the bass AND gain lower for sure. Glad people are digging the knob layouts.

The BE-OD is pretty righteous man.

Hardvalve":2tdoj691 said:
Jerry, sounds killer as always.
Thanks brutha! Glad you dug it!

Back