Best distortion/od in front of a Marshall??

this is a great watch (the spoken audio is low)
low gain on amp - possibly JMP

guitarded_1":1m5ujs0i said:
No need to get all fancy. TS-9 or SD-1 and done.

I do this with an 808 for my band, and it's my favorite main tone. I've just started another project that uses clean and effects as well, so thinking of using dirt on the low input. Kind of two different pedal boards, two different styles, same head kinda thing. I barely play out once a month anymore and was just brainstorming how to get the most of my jcm800; and wondering why I keep two heads, four cabs, two main guitars and two backups, when some of my gear just sits around for weeks and untouched.
Might just round up an old hm-2 and go old school with it for a second sound lol.

I think the BE-OD is pretty awesome. My only complaint would be the lack of a Mid control. Only because I like to set the mids pretty low on my clean tone and I like a good dose of them on my dirt.

Ive used the original tc elec. booster dist+,xotic rc booster,tim,and recently the BE overdrive into either marshall clean ch or crunch ch.Lots of options.

If you want something a little higher gain... a Suhr Riot will kill as well. You don't even need high output pickups.

mrcak":2r5yyr7f said:
An OD isn't going to do much in front of the clean ch or an 800 Marshall.

I realize I made a mistake by putting od in the title. I have plenty of boosts that I use, really looking for a distortion, and running my marshall clean. Might go old school and get an old rat and an hm-2.

Mattfig":jpqhp8oh said:
Ghoul Screamer from KHDK

or

Tone wheel Boost from Salvation Mods

I was looking at salvation mods site yesterday after seeing a modded hm-2 they did on YouTube.

Back