NAD!! SLO-Pure rock classic/Lifetime amp for sure!

Baltimore... Hammerjacks... and a SLO. You need to go crank up some KIX thru that bad-boy right now. I recommend "Cold Blood".

Enjoy! :rock:

Love the SLO, congrats! Love JCS- gonna have to spin that tomorrow. They were great when I saw them live. It's been forever but I need to play one again.

SLO is incredible.
Playing one cranked sounds and feels like you're surfing an avalanche. So much grind and raw force.
It's the only amp I'm still intimidated by. Sometimes I look at it just sitting there and it freaks me out, staring back.
The headroom on these things is fucking nutty.
I'll never sell mine.

People can talk about 'this amp sounds just like...' No. No amp, no matter what clone someone builds or is supposed to be based on the SLO sounds like one..unless they can put those DeYoung SLO transformers, which are unavailable.
You want SLO tone? Save up your cash and buy the real thing.

candletears7":1n8ru31h said:
SLO is incredible.
Playing one cranked sounds and feels like you're surfing an avalanche. So much grind and raw force.
It's the only amp I'm still intimidated by. Sometimes I look at it just sitting there and it freaks me out, staring back.
I'll never sell mine.

-baaaahaha!!!-that's awesome man-

-kinda like a wizard, ya gotta sneak up on it under the cover of darkness!!

Crunchity":1r9ufdqv said:
You sound super excited...as you should be, nabbing an SLO is kinda a big deal! Congrats! :rock:
I'm definitely stoked. The last time I felt this excited about gear was back in 2011 when I found my pristine unmodded early 80's vertical input 2204 800 at a small music store for dirt cheap while on vacation. For the past 2 decades, whenever the holy grail tone question came up, I would always refer back to that show in the 90's. It's great to finally bring that tone home.

Like you, my two main amps now are the SLO and a Bogner (20th Shiva). I feel I've got all the bases covered with both of these.

I know it's not the same but I have a 100 watt Avenger (Hot Rod Model) & I will never sell it. I love it boosted or not boosted. I would love to own one of those discontinued Rack Mount SLO's one day.

Racerxrated":52bclutq said:
People can talk about 'this amp sounds just like...' No. No amp, no matter what clone someone builds or is supposed to be based on the SLO sounds like one..unless they can put those DeYoung SLO transformers, which are unavailable.
You want SLO tone? Save up your cash and buy the real thing.

x2

Nothing says "I've never actually played an SLO at volume" than someone comparing another amp to it.

sg guy":2o2a47xx said:
candletears7":2o2a47xx said:
SLO is incredible.
I'll never sell mine.

nevusofota":2o2a47xx said:
candletears7":2o2a47xx said:
:LOL: :LOL:

Dudes, I ain't kidding. I recorded with this thing last night. The squelch and the grind, man there's nothing else like it. Nothing.

candletears7":3baa7c8p said:
sg guy":3baa7c8p said:
SLO is incredible.
I'll never sell mine.

nevusofota":3baa7c8p said:

Dudes, I ain't kidding. I recorded with this thing last night. The squelch and the grind, man there's nothing else like it. Nothing.

How does the G-system work with the SLO? Do you use it in the loop?

You have to get it modded where the move position of loop. I have an engater modded one with this that is footswitchable and has a level. Its the bomb and loop sounds really good now. Plus you can crank it and use the level as an overall master volume which is how Im using it

nevusofota":11kfdzya said:
candletears7":11kfdzya said:
sg guy":11kfdzya said:
SLO is incredible.
I'll never sell mine.

nevusofota":11kfdzya said:

How does the G-system work with the SLO? Do you use it in the loop?

Absolutely flawlessly. It's like they were made for each other.

Back