Mooer preamp pedals

moltenmetalburn

Prymaxe emailed me that they had the mooer preamps in stock. I saw the hagen i was interested in wlonly had three available so i grabbed it. Just sold my hagen so i cant a/b it with the real preamp but im excited to see how it sounds into the fx loop of my other diezels.

Anybody else trying any?

I will definitely be one soon. Most likely the Marshall one. Depending on how that goes, I can certainly see owning several of them.

The Engl one shows up Friday. See what happens.

Only grabbed it to use with IRs for recording/practice though, so if it doesn't excel it goes back. I have way too many good plugins for this thing to just sit here.

Yeah im also just experimenting with it for grab n go/quick demontype of situations. Cool to leave in guitar case and go direct if amp goes down etc...

After seeing Ola's video and then seeing how cheap they were, I literally just got the Mark III one this week. Will post my thoughts and maybe a vid in the near future.

My first impression is that the feel and core tone of the pedal is really cool; however, what it is lacking is any real "warmth". I think it is something that would likely sound kick ass through a tube power amp. Through my 44 Magnum and Mesa 2x12 it sounds good....just missing that warmness that comes from tubes. Definitely aggressive enough though.

It also feels like there is a core sound, and even if you adjust the treble/mid/bass knobs, the adjustments are minor and the core sound is there, and either you like it, or you don't, if that makes any sense. Haven't tried it direct with the cab sim yet.

Will post more as I mess with it! Cheers

These are interesting. I tried a Mooer pedal long ago and just remember it was pretty bad, would only sound good at a Helen Keller convention. I have avoided them like the plague since. I'm really curious on your reviews. I'd really like to say it's just my mental block.

Man the Black Secret is one of the best RAT pedals I have tried. I am interested in the preamp pedals but wonder if they offer anything AMT isn't already doing. I imagine the Mooer ones come in a fair bit cheaper then?

I pre-ordered the 01 on 3-Feb; was shipped 15-March, estimated delivery 20-March still not here...and calling the local USPO I was told it's been sitting in Kearny, NJ for a week with a bunch of other packages!

I ordered a Boss Metal Core this past Sunday from the same place, it arrived today...I got this to pair with the undelivered 01 to see how it would work with the clean setting of the 01.

I dont expect this thing to compete with the modelers, was just hoping it could capture the basic vibe of the amps.

I was simply hoping it would be a decent metal distortion pedal, better than a metal zone etc.

For $98 it seemed worth a shot, if it sucks its gone.

VH4_BigRig":2mvu7f8p said:
After seeing Ola's video and then seeing how cheap they were, I literally just got the Mark III one this week. Will post my thoughts and maybe a vid in the near future.

My first impression is that the feel and core tone of the pedal is really cool; however, what it is lacking is any real "warmth". I think it is something that would likely sound kick ass through a tube power amp. Through my 44 Magnum and Mesa 2x12 it sounds good....just missing that warmness that comes from tubes. Definitely aggressive enough though.

It also feels like there is a core sound, and even if you adjust the treble/mid/bass knobs, the adjustments are minor and the core sound is there, and either you like it, or you don't, if that makes any sense. Haven't tried it direct with the cab sim yet.

Will post more as I mess with it! Cheers

I've also ordered the Cali MK3 and until it arrives I'm looking forward for your extended review/video. :thumbsup: I'm planning to use it with a Torpedo CAB.

Dude the guy said that one of his Joyo pedals boosted sounded better. Not holding out hope that he's a metalhead, that's for sure.

He said the cleans were good but the OD side was meh.

I'm relatively certain we don't play the same types of music. :D

Mine is OFD, hopefully I can get some time later today to mess with it and see what's up. I'll chuck my thoughts into this thread.

If I don't love it I'll toss it to a broke bud and see if he digs it. Prymaxe gave me a deal, it's not like $78 is the end of my world.

Steinmetzify":dgflxszf said:
Dude the guy said that one of his Joyo pedals boosted sounded better. Not holding out hope that he's a metalhead, that's for sure.

He said the cleans were good but the OD side was meh.

I'm relatively certain we don't play the same types of music. :D

Mine is OFD, hopefully I can get some time later today to mess with it and see what's up. I'll chuck my thoughts into this thread.

If I don't love it I'll toss it to a broke bud and see if he digs it. Prymaxe gave me a deal, it's not like $78 is the end of my world.

How are you planning to use it, direct with speaker sim on?

My 01 finally moved to the next location in the USPO system after 9 days at the origin USPO facility in Kearny, NJ; so another weekend will pass before it arrives I suspect...slim chance for Saturday delivery at this point LOL

One thing I noticed in the vid showing the Diezel, Mesa, Engl is that they all sounded pretty similar... Interested to hear some clips if you guys are able.

rsm":21ltqsyy said:

My 01 finally moved to the next location in the USPO system after 9 days at the origin USPO facility in Kearny, NJ; so another weekend will pass before it arrives I suspect...slim chance for Saturday delivery at this point LOL

Either or.....just got it and messed around a bit, the cab sim isn't the best but it's usable. This thing is legit...for what it costs, I'm sort of impressed with the feel.

JerEvil":21ltqsyy said:
One thing I noticed in the vid showing the Diezel, Mesa, Engl is that they all sounded pretty similar... Interested to hear some clips if you guys are able.

Clip on GAB, bro. Let me know what you think of it. This thing is worth the cost to me.

Steinmetzify":3dhmmkw2 said:
rsm":3dhmmkw2 said:

Either or.....just got it and messed around a bit, the cab sim isn't the best but it's usable. This thing is legit...for what it costs, I'm sort of impressed with the feel.

JerEvil":3dhmmkw2 said:

Clip on GAB, bro. Let me know what you think of it. This thing is worth the cost to me.
Sweet! Off to give it a listen.

Ok just listened. I actually preferred your sound on the Mooer Cab Sim over the WoS clip. Really cool.

Back