Jack Black Sucks

SavageRiffer

Banned
I'm sorry but Jack Black sucks as a musician. I can't see how anyone can listen to that dude sing. He's way more obnoxious than in his movies because he actually takes himself seriously. Those Hollywood douchebags suck. Does that guy actually sell his Tenacious D records?

andross182":34erzf4k said:
Hmmm post your chops and singing, I'll compare the two and let ya know.

Nice try, but I'm not the one going around acting like a rockstar and holding concerts. I post my clips all the time by the way goof. I don't claim to be a great player, but I don't suck, so here are a few to satisfy your curiosity.

https://soundcloud.com/user-113959037/elmwood-stinger-demo

https://soundcloud.com/user-113959037/bigtone-studio-plex-mkii-boss-ds1-demo-song

https://soundcloud.com/user-113959037/bogner-shiva-20th-anniversary-mr-crowley-1st-solo

Why is the usual response to always question the guy that says someone famous sucks to ask for examples of their playing ? Makes no sense. So what if he sucks ? That makes his opinion of Jack Black invalid ?

slyym":9ot0h4ai said:
Well it looks like Jack is out there having fun. Isn't that what its about?

I'm not knocking him for doing what he does. I just don't understand how anyone can listen to him. He's already obnoxious in movies, but at least he's funny. The thing is that his vocals are grating on the ears, and his covers aren't any good. Despite that, for some reason, there're apparently a lot of people who go to his concerts and even buy his CD's. Certainly there are far more deserving musicians, but of course he takes advantage of his celebrity status to cash in on his banal music. The dude just really annoys me, sorry.

It is a COMEDY duo.

They have fans all over the world, charting as high as number 2 in the UK.

They have made $2M each off if tenacious D. Averaging $250k per year.

I would say that you just don't like them, you are an outsider, most people find it funny as well as his movies.

The band also had a movie to push its poularity.

Oh and kyle gass will give tim reynolds a run for his money on that acoustic.

Dethklok is in the same vein to me.

I really enjoy what little of his stuff I've heard. I don't take it seriously, and I don't think he does. It's funny stuff...like listening to Adam Sandler or Dennis Leary...I don't expect an emotional performance of a masterpiece. I do expect to piss my pants laughing though.

SavageRiffer":5pnqym8b said:
I'm sorry but Jack Black sucks as a musician. I can't see how anyone can listen to that dude sing. He's way more obnoxious than in his movies because he actually takes himself seriously. Those Hollywood douchebags suck. Does that guy actually sell his Tenacious D records?

Agree on all points.

Maybe it was my mistake because I thought the dude was doing it as a musician. He's even been featured as a talented guitar player and musicians in a couple of magazines. After hearing about it, I gave a listen to a couple of his tunes, but it was pretty bland and he overdoes it on his vocals. If it's part of a comedy routine then I can understand, but if he's trying to stage like a serious musician then I don't know who would actually fork over money for his music. Well, actually I was being kind of a dick because last time I heard Jack Black speak he was on some far left rant which irritated me.

It is a comedy, and pretty funny at that. I wore out their first CD listening so much because it was hilarious, and the musicianship is not bad, especially Kyle on the acoustic.

Relevant, as always:

e26.jpg

Back