Holy Schnikes!!! NAD!!! Peters BodyHammer!!

FourT6and2":191rpjwl said:
That sounds mean! I like the slight pinch harmonic-like snarl under the grind. That's what I always look for in an amp I own. I've never tried a VHT cab or P50E speakers though. They are probably s big part of the sound in that clip. You have a V30 cab as well?

Oh also I see you're using an omega pickup too. Nice choice ;)

The VHT/Fryette FatBottom cab with P50E's is the best cab I've ever played through. I really want to try this amp through a MESA Traditional 412 just to see once and for all which setup I like best but I'm so short of funds it's probably going to be Christmas before I can make a go of it.

The Omega pickup is a real eye opener for me. Lots of mids, solid low-mids, a really tight low end, and highs that are present but not fatiguing. I dropped it in just last week so I'm still trying to figure out how close to the strings I want to go. I've also got a James Peters pup I need to get installed in one of my other guitars. So many options!!! Summer time is going to be a blast!!

firejack":1uw92jn7 said:
Geez that grind! Sounds really saturated yet crystal clear at the same time.
Far out, I wish I could afford another Peters amp. I'd love a 3 channel.
Congrats mate! Very happy for you.
Keep the clips coming man. Would love to see a detailed walkthrough of the channels.

Thanks man. It's got a raw grind that's as mean as my old Framus Cobra ever was and fingers crossed that it'll have a better effects loop. I'm still getting settled in but I plan to crank something out later in the week. So freakin pumped!

bulletride":2v3o5mvl said:
Is this amp your best metal amp ever?

I'll admit that I'm right at the burning hot start of the honeymoon period but this amp is easily the best thing I've ever played through. If the loop is halfway decent I will feel like I struck gold!

This is the first amp to get the Body Hammer designs. Congrats! :)

I have a feeling you'll appreciate the loop especially if you have pedals that you'd want to run in the loop.

JamesPeters":11ssd7b3 said:
This is the first amp to get the Body Hammer designs. Congrats! :)

I have a feeling you'll appreciate the loop especially if you have pedals that you'd want to run in the loop.

That's too cool!!

And yes, I've got a gate, a couple of delays, a reverb, and a chorus (all pedals) that I'm going to run in the loop. My next big purchase will be a really nice switching system. Can't wait!!

Thanks James.

52A5C464-FA77-4F63-879A-191175E915F8_zpsb53yniay.jpg

Oblivion DC":1io9119j said:
I'll admit that I'm right at the burning hot start of the honeymoon period but this amp is easily the best thing I've ever played through. If the loop is halfway decent I will feel like I struck gold!

The FX Loops on the Peters amps are fine man.

opbu6p.jpg

:D

Congrats man! Nice amp :) TGPers on here want to know the answer to the question that is burning in their hearts right now... Can their Boss Katana sound like this Peters???? Inquiring minds want to know! :D :D :D

firejack":nudxtf9a said:
Oblivion DC":nudxtf9a said:

The FX Loops on the Peters amps are fine man.

opbu6p.jpg

:D

Gigantic anticipatory boner! Can't wait to give 'er a try!

mudf00t":3vxddf9z said:
Congrats man! Nice amp :) TGPers on here want to know the answer to the question that is burning in their hearts right now... Can their Boss Katana sound like this Peters???? Inquiring minds want to know! :D :D :D

Lulzy! I'm sure the katana sounds great and if I didn't already have a nice little AMT pedal based practice rig I'd most likely pick one up.

But I'm gonna be a snob and just say no. No. NOOOOOOOOOO!!

52A5C464-FA77-4F63-879A-191175E915F8_zpsb53yniay.jpg

I love it, that beast sounds tight and crushing. It must be quite something to be in the room and play it. I would be curious to hear it without the boost.

hstlaurent":1vh97ss6 said:
I love it, that beast sounds tight and crushing. It must be quite something to be in the room and play it. I would be curious to hear it without the boost.

It'll have to be completely redialed but I'll have something done by the time the kids go back to school after spring break.

The first of the 15th Anniversary amps is complete and tested (Body Hammer rhythm/lead channels). Time to take pictures. :) I'll post some later.

People who like smaller amps will dig this. It's only 24.5" wide, 8.5" deep and 10" high including the rubber feet. It's no lunchbox but for a handmade 100W dual channel amp it's quite compact. I have to weigh it too. I know I was able to shave several pounds off compared to the Professional Series, but I don't know exactly how much yet.

Getting the itch again for another Peters......

Love my triple fsm- vega a lot. Started using it with my new band a couple weeks ago, was using my 5150 ii for a couple years and damn, what a diffrence. Tighter, clearer, crisper, more aggressive. No noise, slaming low end and focused mids that cut like a knife.

The body hammer i imagine, would kill for me.

I read on the site that you cant have two different overdrive channels?

Can the variant of the same channel be different enough for a slight crunchy overdrive to the brutalness of the body hammer?

I love the diffrence between my Vega and FSM.

7 Stringer":33k6cno3 said:
Getting the itch again for another Peters......

Love my triple fsm- vega a lot. Started using it with my new band a couple weeks ago, was using my 5150 ii for a couple years and damn, what a diffrence. Tighter, clearer, crisper, more aggressive. No noise, slaming low end and focused mids that cut like a knife.

The body hammer i imagine, would kill for me.

Can the variant of the same channel be different enough for a slight crunchy overdrive to the brutalness of the body hammer?

I love the diffrence between my Vega and FSM.
Yep you don't fully appreciate a Peters amp's voicing until you hear it in a mix. James is the tone guru!

7 Stringer":2wrjrinm said:

Yes but it won't be quite like Vega compared to FSM.

Now each of the higher gain designs has a "mode" switch that has a more "old school" response to it. Dial in that channel with lower gain, turn off crunch/edge, and it's a pretty serious crunch.

I'm making the amps a bit easier to build and service now, eliminating options that weren't really warranted, and also discontinuing the larger amps (the Professional Series triple channel will be gone when the current chassis supply is used). I'm nearly 50 and some things aren't as easy for me to do anymore. Plus I want the amps serviceable by other techs if/when necessary.

JamesPeters":mtd52xwf said:
Oblivion DC":mtd52xwf said:
James Peters! Well done sir! Thank you for your vision and excellent execution!!

Thank you very much! :D

The next amp that has the Body Hammer lead/rhythm channels will be the new 15th Anniversary Series format. It should be done Monday, then I'll be uploading pics of it to the website (and redoing the website in general, adding the pickups, etc.)
I always loved the tone of your amps. All of them. Lol :rock:

JamesPeters":1841bhk3 said:
7 Stringer":1841bhk3 said:

Yes but it won't be quite like Vega compared to FSM.

Now each of the higher gain designs has a "mode" switch that has a more "old school" response to it. Dial in that channel with lower gain, turn off crunch/edge, and it's a pretty serious crunch.

I'm making the amps a bit easier to build and service now, eliminating options that weren't really warranted, and also discontinuing the larger amps (the Professional Series triple channel will be gone when the current chassis supply is used). I'm nearly 50 and some things aren't as easy for me to do anymore. Plus I want the amps serviceable by other techs if/when necessary.

Glad to hear it can do great crunch tones!!!!!!

Wait, are you saying the triple channel amps wont be available no more!!!!? If i get a body hammer, i want the triple channel for sure. I love 3 channel amps, it is the perfect configuration, to me at least. Clean, crunch and heavy rythm/lead and you cover all the grounds.

I need to act fast!!!!!!!

I’ve been dying to try a peters amp, specifically the body hammer as I feel like it’s everything I want in a metal amp

Back