Kartakou Warmer (ts808)

moltenmetalburn

Anyone have one? I was about to pull the trigger on a stock ibanez ts-9 and went for this instead.

Quieter, looks cooler, has some options, true bypass, still does stock sounds and is cheaper.

Now the three week wait... :aww:

http://kartakou.com

i have never seen one, but hat is an interesting pedal. id be curious to see how it works out for you for sure.

NaturalBornBoy":15p623ty said:
Did you get the 2-toggle switch or 3-toggle switch version?

The two toggle, i have not seen the sylosis version for sale anywhere. Link? Id actually prefer the diode lift.

Edit: bummer Im seeing some on his facebook.

moltenmetalburn":2drtmsi5 said:
I was able to contact them before it shipped and got the three switch version for $110 shipped.

You have me intrigued in this 3 switch as well. May be replacing my od808?

LunatiBSW":2dpmssx5 said:
moltenmetalburn":2dpmssx5 said:
I was able to contact them before it shipped and got the three switch version for $110 shipped.

You have me intrigued in this 3 switch as well. May be replacing my od808?

Used any modded ts808 before? These are really standard mods. What are you looking for that is different?

I was going to buy a regular one, this is $10 cheaper and cooler so makes sense for me. I wanted stock excpet for the chip, i always change the chip and this one is swap ready. Saves me work/$ .

Just to have some shaping tools. I guess I could get my Maxon modded, cool to remove the diodes.
I have a savage drive on the way. So maybe it will stomp them all, it can do that plus more.

LunatiBSW":2h5rta9n said:
Just to have some shaping tools. I guess I could get my Maxon modded, cool to remove the diodes.
I have a savage drive on the way. So maybe it will stomp them all, it can do that plus more.

Can easily mod your 808.

Airis has me curious. Id like to know if its just a modded TS or something new.

Edit: Confirmed it is a tweaked tubescreamer design. Has no clipping diodes. Some eq tweaks, far more output.

I tried a savage drive recently and I found that it has a sort of unwanted "sizzle" to it that I didn't care for and would end up EQing out of my tone when recording. It's like the dead horse but the dead horse doesn't have the unwanted "sizzle".

Love the Savage Drive, its kind of taken over as my #1 overdrive. Between the Bite (more or less sizzle) and the Tight controls, it does wonders with 7 strings through my Herbert and Artemis.

Got it. Its nice. Very light aluminum.

Sounds as expected, like a nice ts808 with some options. No surprises.

Packaging was good.

Plenty of options, diode lift, crunch mode (led diodes?), bass boost.

Zero complaints. Glad I didnt go ts9.

moltenmetalburn":31csk3fg said:

Packaging was good.

Grats... I just returned a Maxon od808, was having weird radio issues... When plugged in with a 9v power it would blast fm radio but on battery it was fine... I was ok with it for about a week cause it sounded pretty good but then when decided to order a pedal board and power supply etc and decided it had to go. Was going to get a Keeley Red dirt but figured for that price maybe just go for the Keeley Tone station and knock out the clean boost and compressor in one swoop... Now patiently waiting its arrival... but had I scene this post earlier I probably would have tried the Warmer.

errrrrl":2ngqilpg said:
moltenmetalburn":2ngqilpg said:

Packaging was good.

Grats... I just returned a Maxon od808, was having weird radio issues... When plugged in with a 9v power it would blast fm radio but on battery it was fine... I was ok with it for about a week cause it sounded pretty good but then when decided to order a pedal board and power supply etc and decided it had to go. Was going to get a Keeley Red dirt but figured for that price maybe just go for the Keeley Tone station and knock out the clean boost and compressor in one swoop... Now patiently waiting its arrival... but had I scene this post earlier I probably would have tried the Warmer.

I almost ordered a red dirt mini also but i really only need one ts808 od but I already have two lol.

Got mine today, this thing is awesome to say the very least. I put it to work in my most used scenarios which are country, punk rock and metal and it kicked ass in every way possible. I didn't think the middle switch of the three really had any influence on the tone but the first and third switches did. I was amazed on how crisp the tones were in every way with it. Calling it a TS808 clone is underselling it. Love this pedal as much as the new savage drive and the VFE ice scream.

Nice find! I want one now lol
Anybody able to give some kind of description on the different chips sounds?
I'm not OD nerd enough to know

crankyrayhanky":tjhb8u2v said:
Nice find! I want one now lol
Anybody able to give some kind of description on the different chips sounds?
I'm not OD nerd enough to know

Interesting question. I'm totally happy with the default chip (JRC4558D) but you can ask Vasili about other chips on his FB. Just shoot him a message.

Back