Rowin/Donner Noise Killer $23.70

The thing about gates, is that it's just as much a feel thing as a sound thing...one of which cannot be quantified in a video review.

D-Rock":1op7gvzj said:
The thing about gates, is that it's just as much a feel thing as a sound thing...one of which cannot be quantified in a video review.

Agreed.

ALL of them feel like SHIT to me haha.

I am begrudgingly buying another gate as I am jamming loud again and the location has dimmers and other BS making for a noisy situation.

I already plan to put it in a MIDI controlled loop so its only in chain when it MUST be.

As this is a decimator 1 clone which I bought when it first came out and used for 5 years I figured it would be similar/same.

I've used an original Decimator for YEARS, that clone seemed to dull the tone once engaged. Something the Decimator doesn't do.
I don't experience any altered pick attack or feel when using it. I actually notice more altered pick attack when I use EMG pickups than I do using a Decimator.

Got it, no tone suck. I use hard mode. Swapped knob for larger to have finer adjustment.

POPS like a firecracker when switching. Either leave on, add pull down resistor or put in TB looper.

For $23 and my practice board it is great. Would buy again.

Seemed like a big difference in volume from the clip but I'm using iPhone speakers ATM.

But hey if it works and still sounds good. Can't beat it for the price.

maddnotez":214dfubh said:
Seemed like a big difference in volume from the clip but I'm using iPhone speakers ATM.

But hey if it works and still sounds good. Can't beat it for the price.

They had it set too high. When set right I had no issues. I can adjust it kill highs though.

Holy Crap
The battery has to be like $5 and the shipping? I am broke yet have GAS so these cheap deals have my attention lol

I have the Rowin Noise Gate in the white color,and it sounds great,had it for 3 months and no problems yet..paid $20,took 9 days to get to me,got it for my Decimator as a backup.Solid pedal.Got it due to seeing it as a Decimator clone for cheap.

riffermadness":1grfkpzy said:
I have the Rowin Noise Gate in the white color,and it sounds great,had it for 3 months and no problems yet..paid $20,took 9 days to get to me,got it for my Decimator as a backup.Solid pedal.Got it due to seeing it as a Decimator clone for cheap.

Damn i paid $23 :aww: lol!

Thing sounds good. Probably not identical to a real decimator but that is $200. Tenfold. . :thumbsup:

Back