NAD: Diezel Herbert mkII

LunatiBSW

Yup. Found out my guitar center platinum room just got in some diezels over The Weeknd.
So I brought my dmoll with me and my ESP , a/b'd it with the Herbert mkII in one of the new front loaded k100 cabs.
The Herbert came home. They gave me what I bought my used dmoll for basically, so I was super stoked.
The Herbert is hands down the king for metal. Holy shit. Now I get what everyone was talking about how crushing this amp is. After I strummed/chugged the first chord and started doing fast alternate picking, it was game over. I don't think I've ever played an amp and been that blown away in the first minute of playing. Granted I knew how to dial it in from the dmoll. I think I may b getting a new FL k100 cab now though. I didn't think I'd like those speakers, but that combo is amazing. Can't wait to try it with my other cabs to see what it goes best with.

IMG_7326_zpscynsnczo.jpg

It sounds even better with a clean boost with the same settings you were using for your Dmoll, and through a Diezel FL 412 with V30's, specifically Mesa V30's. I don't like the K100's one bit.

RJF":12ztv4z9 said:
It sounds even better with a clean boost with the same settings you were using for your Dmoll, and through a Diezel FL 412 with V30's, specifically Mesa V30's. I don't like the K100's one bit.
I remember you saying you didn't like the k100, it was crushing today. They didn't have any v30 cabs ordered unfortunately. Just a 412 and 212 k100 fl. I have a custom front loaded cab with a v30/k100 X pattern. Dovetail joints, metal grill, from avatar. If it doesn't sound like the Diezel cab, I will be getting a Diezel cab. My opinion is the dovetail avatar are up there with the rest of the gang, I've owned Friedman, Bogner, and now got to play the Diezel. They all are great quality cabs to me.

LunatiBSW":2uwul0yr said:
RJF":2uwul0yr said:
I remember you saying you didn't like the k100, it was crushing today. They didn't have any v30 cabs ordered unfortunately. Just a 412 and 212 k100 fl. I have a custom front loaded cab with a v30/k100 X pattern. Dovetail joints, metal grill, from avatar. If it doesn't sound like the Diezel cab, I will be getting a Diezel cab. My opinion is the dovetail avatar are up there with the rest of the gang, I've owned Friedman, Bogner, and now got to play the Diezel. They all are great quality cabs to me.
I believe you still have your Uberkab too. I have the same Uberkab and it sounds pretty close to my Diezel cabs that have the K100/V30 X combo in them.

RJF":2hclxgbu said:
LunatiBSW":2hclxgbu said:
RJF":2hclxgbu said:
I believe you still have your Uberkab too. I have the same Uberkab and it sounds pretty close to my Diezel cabs that have the K100/V30 X combo in them.

I do still have it, trying to sell it. But it should hold me over for a while.

Awesome amp for sure, I finally got one a couple months ago and love it. I have it in my apartment in San Francisco so I'm playing it through my Suhr Reactive Load, IR's and Mission FRFR system and it crushes. I have a Diezel FL cab with K100's back in Atlanta with my Hagen and that crushes. I can't wait to get everything back together and play the Herbert through the FL cab. Your description of that combo sounds great.

Congrats!!

Would love to hear how the Herbert compares to your Butterslax. I'm seriously thinking about snagging one of these but not both.

I wouldn't mind going down to 1 amp for a while, I'm only jamming at home right now, and have 2 kids in diapers so, I won't have the ability to play out much for a little while. The butterslax is amazing. They are both extraordinary amps, but the Diezel just has this sub low punch that I've been searching for a very long time. Lots of testing in the future and comparing.

Congrats!
Enjoy it & Enjoy it loud :rock:

Loved the one I had clean boosted through my G12K-100 loaded 2x12. Insanely fun and brutal amp to play. I can see myself owning another someday.

LunatiBSW":3sng90pk said:
My butterslax stack may be going on the block. I wouldn't mind going down to 1 amp for a while, I'm only jamming at home right now, and have 2 kids in diapers so, I won't have the ability to play out much for a little while. They are both extraordinary amps, but the Diezel just has this sub low punch that I've been searching for a very long time. Lots of testing in the future and comparing.

I would not be shocked by this.

The Herbert is one of those amps every metalhead has to experience once for themselves live. Like an SLO or SLP. Hard to put in to words.

Wizard of Ozz":cp041nat said:
The Herbert is one of those amps every metalhead has to experience once for themselves live. Like an SLO or SLP. Hard to put in to words.
There undoubtedly must be some truth to this. When I listen to audio clips, even well produced ones, something evidently is being lost in translation. It comes across sort of ordinary and even kind of "meh", and I don't have that "wow" factor I sometimes get with recordings of other (non-Diezel) amps. It sounds "good", of course, but not epic like you'd expect given the reports from those who have heard it live being played through a cab. I get the impression that it's a difficult amp to capture to tape/disk and do it justice. Perhaps it's just the nature of the beast. Too wild to survive in captivity.

Back