RIP J. Geils

-"let down your hair ra-tumba,.. what was that chick with the long hair?.... Reputa, reputa the beauta"

"Freeze Frame" was one of the first 8-tracks we had. IIRC it came on Easter morning with "For Those About To Rock" and Kenny Rogers' Greatest Hits.

FF is a great album to this day. Sad to hear of J's passing. :(

Man, the years have gone by, didn't realize he made it into his 70's.

He lived in my town in Massachusetts when I was growing up there, I ran into him a number of times. He'd show up at the local convenience store, buying whatever, always seemed down to earth which was cool to me. If it wasn't for the white limo waiting for him outside, you'd have thought he was a regular local.

A buddy of mine in high school got to work for him too, he had a local business working on restoring/repairing Ferarri's and whatnot, said he was cool to work for.

RIP

It was a blessing. The guy was a hurting unit and had been in poor health forever. The last time I saw him, he couldn't stand up and only played one song, sad. That was over ten years ago, so, R.I.P. J.

RIP JG

To this day, I remember my mother checking my chin at Sunday dinner table for singing "...my angel is the centerfold..." :LOL: :LOL:

sg guy":1txw906d said:
-"let down your hair ra-tumba,.. what was that chick with the long hair?.... Reputa, reputa the beauta"

Thanks for quoting the intro!

I swear, that's got to be one of the funniest/coolest intro's ever to rock a double live album...

Fly on J...

:rock: -what made that so cool was that is was a real fuck up, "this is huba goobah with the green teeth bitch!!.. Let me in!!"

Back