Going on 9 days...

dooredge":oufnhpts said:
Sorry for your troubles, Chris. This experience has sucked top to bottom. And ignore D-Rock, his m.o. is to cast a negative shadow upon most everything. Anyone who can read & count understands chillaxing wasn't in the equation here.

Not to mention that anyone who uses the term "chillax" throws up an instant red flag.

***UPDATE ON THE GIBSON RD SAGA***

The guitars that I re-packed (PROPERLY - not loose and fucked up like I received them) and sent out to the rightful owner will be received by him today. Mine...well...they haven't even shipped yet.

The two guitars I sold on Monday to finance this purchase? They will be in the hands of their new owners tomorrow and Friday. Today is day 15 since I paid him.

This is truly special. :doh:

Damn this sucks. Especially because I sense that you REALLY want these guitars (but then, they are #5&6). TBH, as much as it might hurt, if I wanted them as much as I think you do and already gone thru as much I might still try to obtain the guitars. Hopefully they'll be worth the extra hassle from this point out. It seems it would suck even more to go thru all this and end up empty-handed.

If I was him I'd be so fucking stressed right now (by my own doing to be sure). He's shipped how many thousands of dollars in guitars all to the wrong people?

I've still had to initiate each and every contact. If he's stressed, he's good at hiding it.

Yes - they are 5 & 6, but yeah, they're a little bigger deal as they are the "real deal" vintage models. All of mine are "reissues", so they are the 24.75" scale, all mahogany w/rosewood board models. The vintage are 25.5", all maple, ebony boards, and the whole Moog deal. I was super stoked about it...not quite so much any more.

Chris O":2f12xewx said:
I've still had to initiate each and every contact. If he's stressed, he's good at hiding it.

Yes - they are 5 & 6, but yeah, they're a little bigger deal as they are the "real deal" vintage models. All of mine are "reissues", so they are the 24.75" scale, all mahogany w/rosewood board models. The vintage are 25.5", all maple, ebony boards, and the whole Moog deal. I was super stoked about it...not quite so much any more.
Yeah, I hear ya. I'm just having this vision of you getting two guitars of your dreams (read: I'm a sucker :LOL: :LOL: ).

Chris O":3k5fen3m said:
***UPDATE ON THE GIBSON RD SAGA***

The guitars that I re-packed (PROPERLY - not loose and fucked up like I received them) and sent out to the rightful owner will be received by him today. Mine...well...they haven't even shipped yet.

The two guitars I sold on Monday to finance this purchase? They will be in the hands of their new owners tomorrow and Friday. Today is day 15 since I paid him.

This is truly special. :doh:

Cripes... that's ridiculous. The seller is a real piece of work.

But hey... just chillax. You're wound too tight and really shouldn't expect the items that you paid for in any kind of reasonable time frame. It's only money man! :LOL: :LOL:

Red_Label":raxi7u5t said:
Cripes... that's ridiculous. The seller is a real piece of work.

But hey... just chillax. You're wound too tight and really shouldn't expect the items that you paid for in any kind of reasonable time frame. It's only money man! :LOL: :LOL:

You mean I'm an "overly anxious and paranoid buyer who emails the seller daily wanting updates while casually inferring that the seller is holding their money hostage and may be trying to rip them off"?

I guess I could see that. It's Day 15...I have no reason to be concerned yet...

:LOL: :LOL:

Chris O":ygfic9vy said:
You mean I'm an "overly anxious and paranoid buyer who emails the seller daily wanting updates while casually inferring that the seller is holding their money hostage and may be trying to rip them off"?

I guess I could see that. It's Day 15...I have no reason to be concerned yet...

Nope. Just chill and sip a tropical drink with an umbrella in it by the pool man. It's all good...

Do you think sending the money to his overseas agent using Western Union, and after receipt they will be couriered to me from his storage facility was a bad idea?

Chris O":2iymgrkw said:
Do you think sending the money to his overseas agent using Western Union, and after receipt they will be couriered to me from his storage facility was a bad idea?

C'mon... the guy's probably a Nigerian Prince! What could go wrong??? :LOL: :LOL:

This is unbelievable just a total nighmare ...text book case of how not to do transactions and nobody should give the buyer crap for going through this ..

I emailed him at 7:42 am this morning after I figured out that nothing has happened yet, and texted him at 12:48 telling him to check his email. It's 2:39 now. I told him they need to be moving or refunded by 6PM CST.

Crickets.

Chris O":2yao6ok5 said:
I emailed him at 7:42 am this morning after I figured out that nothing has happened yet, and texted him at 12:48 telling him to check his email. It's 2:39 now. I told him they need to be moving or refunded by 6PM CST.

Crickets.

Damn!!! If you bought it through the classifieds here, please post the feedback here once it's completed so we know who to avoid dealing with. Wow...

Red_Label":1tzj8vc2 said:
C'mon... the guy's probably a Nigerian Prince! What could go wrong??? :LOL: :LOL:

Wow, what a small world. I'm working out a deal with a Nigerian prince too, easy money, just waiting on the deposit... :thumbsup:

Not to rub salt in an open wound, Chris, but I got my 78 RD Custom today. Cream City Music out of Wisconsin. Super nice piece.

Hope your deal works itself out post-haste.

:rock:

Red_Label":3utjrlip said:
Chris O":3utjrlip said:

Crickets.

Damn!!! If you bought it through the classifieds here, please post the feedback here once it's completed so we know who to avoid dealing with. Wow...

It wasn't here.

So the latest. He finally emails at 3:52 pm. The other buyer was going to try to get my guitars to shipping today (which didn't happen). Said the shipping labels were printed Monday - LIE - they were printed Tuesday. "If they don't go today, worst case, tomorrow".

I email and tell him unacceptable. Refund me today. I gave you more third chances than I should have. He should have had the labels on Saturday. If I had his guitars on Saturday, how is it that he supposedly didn't get mine until today - LIE.

He emails back - "The labels weren't printed because you didn't want the guitars until I gave you the additional $XXX off the price. We were closed Sunday, so it couldn't be sent out then (BS - you can send out a label ANY day online at ANY hour!). I don't know why they took longer to get to TX - maybe because he was making sure he got his guitars. He tried to drop them off but was 5 min late. I will refund your money after I get the guitars back from TX as soon as I can".

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

I reply - don't you even DARE to try to make this my fault. The labels were not run until yesterday. PERIOD. I have the label numbers as proof. You will refund me TODAY. I don't have them. I never had them. What I PAID FOR WAS NEVER DELIVERED TO ME, WHICH MAKES THIS ESSENTIALLY MAIL FRAUD. You did not deliver. It's on the other guy, not me. He has the guitars. If you don't refund it today, you can deal with PayPal and Amex. There is no reason whatsoever for you to HOLD MY MONEY HOSTAGE. Do the right thing. You have no claim on my money for something that never delivered.

MrDowntown":21sq79zb said:
Get. His. ASS! :gethim:

I'm not an internet tough guy, but I can appreciate the sentiment. :thumbsup:

He's still refusing to send me my money. Multiple emails of excuses and how he did his part (!!!) but he won't refund me. I don't get it.

dooredge":1h7iru45 said:
Not to rub salt in an open wound, Chris, but I got my 78 RD Custom today. Cream City Music out of Wisconsin. Super nice piece.

Hope your deal works itself out post-haste.

:rock:

That's a beauty!!

Back