Going on 9 days...

Chris O

Fuck. I hate it when people get paid and don't deliver. Nothing that happened here, but when you send someone almost THREE mortgage payments for an instrument, it would be nice if they could SHIP THE FUCKING THING!!!

PayPal is about to get a refund request. FKNA...sellers - if it's for sale, have it ready to ship! Good grief! :doh:

Fucking ridiculous. I ship my goods immediately....period. I track it from my end and email the buyer emails/texts on when to expect it. I don't fuck around with folks shit.

Burn'em the hell up man. Burn. Them. Up!

I would have been raising hell 8 days ago....but that is me. You sell something you ship it and it is ready to go out immediately. Anything else is unacceptable in my book.

RockyStar":35wpm07p said:
I would have been raising hell 8 days ago....but that is me. You sell something you ship it and it is ready to go out immediately. Anything else is unacceptable in my book.
Jesus christ :LOL: :LOL:
I agree the seller should have shipped by now and been in more contact, but between this and the other thread, i can see some of you are quite ridiculous. A lot of people who sell used gear are average people and i know for a fact i have taken a couple days to ship before. I mean, i always communicate these things and 9 days is a bit much, but come on.

Holy-diver":1lsybfzm said:
RockyStar":1lsybfzm said:
I agree the seller should have shipped by now and been in more contact, but between this and the other thread, i can see some of you are quite ridiculous. A lot of people who sell used gear are average people and i know for a fact i have taken a couple days to ship before. I mean, i always communicate these things and 9 days is a bit much, but come on.

9 days is totally preposterous!!!

mooncobra":1nkwc8z0 said:
Holy-diver":1nkwc8z0 said:
RockyStar":1nkwc8z0 said:

yeah, its too long :confused:

Holy-diver":13la7qmb said:
mooncobra":13la7qmb said:
Holy-diver":13la7qmb said:
RockyStar":13la7qmb said:

"Between this and the other thread, some of you are ridiculous." WHAT???? :confused:

So, in the other thread the OP receives a broken amp, ships it back and gets NOTHING for 4 months from the other party. Meanwhile, the other party celebrates new gear since this all went down.
Ridiculous?????

Now, this OP pays a large amount of cash for an item and 9 days later, nothing.
Again, ridiculous?? REALLY???

Remind me not to do business with you.

I get that stuff comes up, but when it does I try to be up front about it. Though when I sold something that was big bucks, I get that out as fast as I possibly can. That's just not the type of transaction to leave in limbo.

Gsxrbusa":1ane2iir said:
2 days max unless previous arrangements have been discussed and agreed upon.

This.

File the claim now, you are still going to have to wait a couple of weeks to get the money anyway if he drags it out.

There are situations where I've requested the shipper hold stuff, or i'll recommend to the buyer that i hold stuff for a couple days...especially gear that could be effected by climate changes. No need to rush a guitar into shipping, only to have it show up in a warehouse on a Friday afternoon, sit there and sustain a 30d temp change over the next couple of days while it waits for Monday morning.

BUT...the key is i clear that stuff up on the front end.

OP...hope you're deal works out for you with no more hassle.

The only time I have not shipped "next day" is if a sale falls on Fri, Sat, Sun. I'd rather ship any hi-dollar item on a Monday so it's not sitting on a shippers trailer over the weekend.

9 days is definitely b.s. I'd have asked for a refund on day 5.

The seller should, in my opinion, always state how quickly they will ship. When a buyer sends money to a seller, the seller should do everything they possibly can to put the buyer at ease. That's how trust is built.

Although, some sellers act like buyer's are high maintenance when they ask questions. If someone sends me $2-3K for a guitar or amp, I'm going to entertain any/all questions related to shipping. And I'm going to do my best to provide the best experience possible. Treat others how you want to be treated extends to gear deals in my book. Maybe that sounds stupid, but I want the people I do business with to be happy that they chose to buy from me. :cheers:

dooredge":27147zqe said:
The only time I have not shipped "next day" is if a sale falls on Fri, Sat, Sun. I'd rather ship any hi-dollar item on a Monday so it's not sitting on a shippers trailer over the weekend.

9 days is definitely b.s. I'd have asked for a refund on day 5.

The seller should, in my opinion, always state how quickly they will ship. When a buyer sends money to a seller, the seller should do everything they possibly can to put the buyer at ease. That's how trust is built.

Although, some sellers act like buyer's are high maintenance when they ask questions. If someone sends me $2-3K for a guitar or amp, I'm going to entertain any/all questions related to shipping. And I'm going to do my best to provide the best experience possible. Treat others how you want to be treated extends to gear deals in my book. Maybe that sounds stupid, but I want the people I do business with to be happy that they chose to buy from me. :cheers:

Hear! Hear! :cheers:

Here's the details:

Tuesday 4/11
1. Approached seller to purchase one guitar.
2. Seller replies, and says, he's interested in working a deal.
3. Discuss prices, and then he says he has another guitar, so we discuss a package deal.
4. Came to an agreement on price.
5. I paid immediately after we agreed.
6. He said he would go to the studio over the weekend to pack them up and send out Monday 4/17.
7. I replied that was okay, and that I was SUPER STOKED to make this deal.

Monday 4/17
1. Emailed seller to see if he had tracking information for me.
2. He replied that he "got to the shop late today and found out he was out of boxes. If the boxes show up I'll get rates for Fedex and USPS and we can go from there. Talk tomorrow."

Tuesday 4/18
1. No communication from seller.

Wednesday 4/19
1. Emailed seller - how are things coming along with getting the guitars shipped?
2. "He is trying. Lots of orders and customers today - will stay in touch"
3. My thought - 1) who is "he"? 2) Am I not a "customer" at this point? 3) "will stay in touch" - NO SHIT you'll stay in touch!! You have $3300 of my money in your pocket! That doesn't answer my question!
4. Email to seller - tomorrow will be a week since I paid you. I'm trying to be patient, but you're sitting on $3300, which is not exactly a small sum of money, and all I have is "will stay in touch". Can you please give me a date that they will ship? You would expect the same if you were on my end. Thanks.
5. No return email from seller.
6. Realize I paid him 8 days ago - emailed again and simply mentioned that tomorrow will actually be 9 days since I paid you.

Thursday 4/20
1. Checked email. Nothing.

I want the guitars, and I am selling some stuff to off-set the cost, but I'm just not having a good feeling. Thinking of emailing and saying I need tracking details by tomorrow, or I would like a refund. Sucks, but I hate tainted deals.

Am I out of line here?

I think the most I've taken was 3 days. But that was over a weekend (maybe a holiday) and I made contact everyday.

Chris O":2earr6x9 said:
Here's the details:

Tuesday 4/11
3. Discuss prices, and then he says he has another guitar, so we discuss a package deal.
6. He said he would go to the studio over the weekend to pack them up and send out Monday 4/17.

Monday 4/17
2. He replied that he "got to the shop late today and found out he was out of boxes. If the boxes show up I'll get rates for Fedex and USPS and we can go from there. Talk tomorrow."

Tuesday 4/18

Wednesday 4/19
1. Emailed seller - how are things coming along with getting the guitars shipped?
3. My thought - 1) who is "he"? 2) Am I not a "customer" at this point? 3) "will stay in touch" - NO SHIT you'll stay in touch!! You have $3300 of my money in your pocket! That doesn't answer my question!
4. Email to seller - tomorrow will be a week since I paid you. I'm trying to be patient, but you're sitting on $3300, which is not exactly a small sum of money, and all I have is "will stay in touch". Can you please give me a date that they will ship? You would expect the same if you were on my end. Thanks.
6. Realize I paid him 8 days ago - emailed again and simply mentioned that tomorrow will actually be 9 days since I paid you.

Thursday 4/20

I want the guitars, and I am selling some stuff to off-set the cost, but I'm just not having a good feeling. Thinking of emailing and saying I need tracking details by tomorrow, or I would like a refund. Sucks, but I hate tainted deals.

Am I out of line here?

You're not out of line at all. Open a PayPal dispute if you have that option. I wouldn't wait any longer, personally. $3300 sitting in limbo, no thanks.

Chris O":3myt5ggs said:
Here's the details:

Tuesday 4/11

Monday 4/17

Tuesday 4/18

Wednesday 4/19

Thursday 4/20

Am I out of line here?
No, you're not. As much as you want these guitars, I'd probably file a claim. If this dumbass doesn't get the fact that you expect to have a damn tracking number within 2 days of giving them 3K then screw him. Get your money back and move on. You damn well better believe if HE had bought from you he'd be on your ass about it.
Fuckin people.

Racerxrated":bhrfeqef said:
Holy-diver":bhrfeqef said:
mooncobra":bhrfeqef said:
Holy-diver":bhrfeqef said:
RockyStar":bhrfeqef said:

"Between this and the other thread, some of you are ridiculous." WHAT???? :confused:

So, in the other thread the OP receives a broken amp, ships it back and gets NOTHING for 4 months from the other party. Meanwhile, the other party celebrates new gear since this all went down.
Ridiculous?????

Now, this OP pays a large amount of cash for an item and 9 days later, nothing.
Again, ridiculous?? REALLY???

Remind me not to do business with you.
did you read the post I quoted or what I wrote at all?

Back