Going on 9 days...

Chris O":3b0ceo7t said:
The long and short - he thinks that because he offered me this "discount" to keep the original bad deal going, that the deal was going to go through. Then when he still couldn't deliver, I called it off. He thinks I "changed my mind" as he puts it. I don't think he realizes just how fucked up the whole deal was. When I got the WRONG guitars, poorly packed, dirty, etc, it was not exactly a slam dunk in terms of inspiring confidence in what would show up at my door.

He told me it took him over a week to get the guy to ship the guitars back to him as well... Can you imagine how pissed I would have been had that gone on for another week???

This dude lives in some alternate universe of perception. I just don't get it...

Yeah man that sucks. I doubt he's really that dumb but maybe you could just email one more time and spell it out? Like dude, the deal is off. You screwed me, sent wrong guitars. Relisted for sale lol that's the crazy part and makes me think yeah right. Guy relisted them but still assumes you have a deal on those?

Douchebag

Chris O":63vge92w said:
Amex suspended the charges on my account, but they're still showing here, so no, I haven't gotten my money back. That said, it's not an open charge on my account either.

Ok, but as I understood you have emails where he acknowledges that he has sent you wrong guitars. Then the chances are good that you get this sorted out in the best way possible. It will take time though.

ProgFree":1w3odxax said:
Chris O":1w3odxax said:
Amex suspended the charges on my account, but they're still showing here, so no, I haven't gotten my money back. That said, it's not an open charge on my account either.

Ok, but as I understood you have emails where he acknowledges that he has sent you wrong guitars. Then the chances are good that you get this sorted out in the best way possible. It will take time though.

Yeah, I kept everything, so I have that going for me. :thumbsup:

Chris O":2166eng5 said:
ProgFree":2166eng5 said:
Chris O":2166eng5 said:

Yeah, I kept everything, so I have that going for me. :thumbsup:
I guess AMEX doesn't impress me here..VISA, whether it's from my checking account or a credit card would have gotten you a refund by now. Either way you will emerge victorious.

andross182":3fd2dhaw said:
Chris O":3fd2dhaw said:
Reverb called me today! We had a...nice discussion... :yes:

Details bro!

I explained the situation from my point of view. They may or may not reach out to him, but basically they don't really want to deal with shenanigans like that on their platform either, so he has been flagged. They may take additional steps, but for now, they will watch things. They apologized -- no idea why they would feel they needed to do that -- and then said that (obviously) they can't really do anything but will watch for any sort of repeated behavior and deal with it accordingly. They were glad the CC people were involved and said that they were confidant it would be handled, especially since they can clearly see that I don't have them.

Amex got the links to the ads as well. For all intents and purposes, this is pretty much done in my eyes. The charges aren't active on my account, and I would assume they will take it up with him. Just waiting for the "investigation" to be closed out.

Nope.

Looks like Amex and PayPal are working thru it now. I don't understand why there's a question any more. I don't have the guitars; he's still selling them. Oh well. At least I'm not paying the charges.

man this suck, glad proper resolution is within sight (sorta)

This is the reason I normally do stuff like this locally and just grump if its not available. shit like this doesn't happen all the time.

but its just too much of a gamble for me. no everyone can manage to get them selves a real consolation while dealing with a fraud like this.

Hope the new owner enjoys the black one. He could've gotten it for $1900...and a LOOOOONNNGGG shipping wait.

I just hope it's in the condition the pics show. The two the I received in error were packed by chimps and dirty as fuck.

paulyc":2fofedob said:
Did you get your money back ?

Chris O":2fofedob said:
Nope.

Looks like Amex and PayPal are working thru it now. I don't understand why there's a question any more. I don't have the guitars; he's still selling them. Oh well. At least I'm not paying the charges.

Still nope.

Well, as long as Amex and PayPal are together on it, you should be good. It just sucks to have to deal with the phone calls, emails, tracking #'s and all the sale ad crap. Been through this a few times myself and its just a huge time suck.

A pox on the seller and his future deals. Jeez.

Back