Damn this kid has awesome VH tone!!!!

Sounds great!
But please humor me. Not trying to be an ass....
Is it a recording thing that someone wears headphones while playing next to the amp?
Again not poking fun. I just don't understand it. I never did direct recordings. Is that part of it?
I have only made recordings with a zoom.
Kid is good. Enjoyed the clip. :thumbsup:

Mailman1971":19hec95n said:
Sounds great!
But please humor me. Not trying to be an ass....
Is it a recording thing that someone wears headphones while playing next to the amp?
Again not poking fun. I just don't understand it. I never did direct recordings. Is that part of it?
I have only made recordings with a zoom.
Kid is good. Enjoyed the clip. :thumbsup:

Maybe he's listening to the original tracks on the phones.

I think it is a recording thing to wear headphones, especially if playing with a backing track or click or similar. That said, pretty sure this guy is wearing ear muffs. Good on him, for trying to conserve his hearing!

For sure!! :rock:
Was not trying to bash!!! :thumbsup:
I got tinnitus. Hearing shot.
Just didn't understand the wearing of the phones.

Yeah, Jacob is crazy good. He's already got endorsements with Germino amps & Music Man guitars. Kid's a natural & sings pretty good as well........he's putting out some original stuff with his band soon.

Why would he wear hearing protection?have you ever sat next to a 50 or 100 watt marshall opened up? They look like isolation head phones, I track this way because I have a small ass space like he has to work in. As for the tone, marshall opened up. Those germinos sound great though. Good for him for rocking an endorsement...hopefully he won't be stuck in his parent's basement forever though!

I liked the playing. The tone was good. It I would say a little different than the "brown" sound but great tone no less. Good player

Yeah that sounds amazing!

One thing we need to learn from his playing is:

Look at how heavy handed he's picking. He's hitting the crap out of those strings, and that's a part of getting to sound like EVH. Well done.

Awesome clip. I thought it sounded awesome.

I don't dissect the brown sound but it sounded pretty close to me.

Kapo_Polenton":13cfk7bl said:
Good for him for rocking an endorsement...hopefully he won't be stuck in his parent's basement forever though!

He's played live shows many times & has his own band now.....played with Dweezil Zappa a few times etc...he certainly doesn't just play in his parent's basement.

I recently found this guy on a follow-up video from something else posted here. That was good but I think the stuff he posted when he was younger was played closer. Not that that is a good or bad thing. He's probably just developing his own style now.

Great tone from that Germino!
Imo, that tone has a very close likeness of yngwie's. Has lots of squish on it.
A bit thinner than Ed's.
Great nonetheless. Those PU'S are pretty nice sounding too.

BYTOR":3cnbwvlb said:
Kapo_Polenton":3cnbwvlb said:
Good for him for rocking an endorsement...hopefully he won't be stuck in his parent's basement forever though!

He's played live shows many times & has his own band now.....played with Dweezil Zappa a few times etc...he certainly doesn't just play in his parent's basement.

What I mean is.. hopefully he doesn't live in his parent's basement until he is 40 because being a musician in Canada isn't the easiest thing in the world to be unless you are Brian Adams.

Tone wise, I think close enough. If his own style comes out of it, even better.

Kapo_Polenton":1ekcaz3k said:
BYTOR":1ekcaz3k said:
Kapo_Polenton":1ekcaz3k said:

What I mean is.. hopefully he doesn't live in his parent's basement until he is 40 because being a musician in Canada isn't the easiest thing in the world to be unless you are Brian Adams.

Or Nickleback, Justin Bieber, Celine Dion, Neil Young, ...... ;).

Back