Add brace to back of my 4x12 ?

The cabinets are tuned. I see nothing wrong with voicing the cabinet to your taste. I would just do stuff that is easy to reverse. I can usually get rid of flub with most amps by adjusting the depth and bass.

Put a center post in like a Marshall, but don't secure it to the back. Just put a folded up small cloth on the end of the post so it will snug up to the back panel when you put it back on. If that still doesn't help then I would try some foam batting on the back panel like a Bogner or Rivera cab. Those are tight cabs.

Racerxrated":3mvvadiv said:
Put a center post in like a Marshall, but don't secure it to the back. Just put a folded up small cloth on the end of the post so it will snug up to the back panel when you put it back on. If that still doesn't help then I would try some foam batting on the back panel like a Bogner or Rivera cab. Those are tight cabs.

I pumped a screw through the back panel into that center post on a bunch of my cabinets. It. Killed that back panel a lot more and focuses the cabinet a bit more. In the flip side, I've know people to completely remove the center post to make the cabinet a little more boomy.

I recently tightened up my 1960 by using a thin layer of polyfil on just the back panel. I was really surprised how much of a difference it made.

psychodave":bjpqszcx said:
Racerxrated":bjpqszcx said:

I pumped a screw through the back panel into that center post on a bunch of my cabinets. It. Killed that back panel a lot more and focuses the cabinet a bit more. In the flip side, I've know people to completely remove the center post to make the cabinet a little more boomy.

Cool. Since this is a sealed back I think I will reverse the process and run that screw through front baffle. Should get r done this weekend.

glassjaw7":bjpqszcx said:
I recently tightened up my 1960 by using a thin layer of polyfil on just the back panel. I was really surprised how much of a difference it made.

I have read about this but had concerns about reducing my highs. I may try it after I listen to results of adding post. Would be easy to just pull out if wanted.

Shit's about to get real.

IMG_0797_zpsy9dxatks.jpg

Back