Cabs with Sub Woofer

rottingcorpse":1rr357lf said:
Oh yeah? Sounds like a great idea.

But screw you all. I run my DAR FBM and DAR Forza on top of two Cameron 4x12s with H30s,each on an ISP Vector 15" 600 watt sub. Even my three full warhead stacks cant keep up with that brootalnez!!!!

Fuck Tom's tone. All his fancy ass heads can lick my massive tonez fat nutsack! BTW,check out his gay-ass slippers! (Super jelly of his cute and understanding wifey,tho)

:hys: I wish you would bring me a Dar to try so I can find out for myself it's a cheap POS. I love my slippers and hot wife. :yes:

shred-o-holic":1rr357lf said:
Gsxrbusa":1rr357lf said:
rottingcorpse":1rr357lf said:
I could wax poetic about my ISP vector subs. As would gsxrbusa Tom. The smaller ones are good,I have the 2x10 400 watt one on a mess mark v mini rig and it's perfect for that set up. But the big 600 watt 15" vectors make a full stacks already massive tone becomes 3D. One of the coolest things I ever bought for my guitar rig.

We would both warn you away from the rivera sub.

Fuck that. Tell them all the subs suck. I got tired of wasting my breath years ago. I own 4 and I want more. I used them live for years and got so many tone compliments it was embarrassing(didn't really even matter what amp). The common comment was you guys sound so massive. But whatever, I don't give a single fuck.

Well said and I have had the same experience live. There was never a "wow your tone was so muddy and boomy" once.......rather "WTF were you using? Your tone was crushing!" People can make anything sound like shit and vice versa. I've seen a dude use a friggin Toneblaster sound amazing and another guy who had an 8K Diezel setup sound like ass...of course there are the retarded bass player bass comments abroad from the ignorant.....

I usually won't even enter one of these threads because it's nothing but a fight. Everyone is an expert but none have real life experience so I end up pissing everyone off.

In the end we may not agree on the subs, and that's fine, I still consider most around here my friends. Would like to keep it that way.

I will say this though, another reason I liked the sub was it put my 4X12 up closer to my ears and I could control my volume better. Use less stage volume.

tfridgen":1n1tqhgn said:
Which Vectors are 600W? I can't find them except for the Steve Lukather model that seems to be discontinued....

maddnotez":1n1tqhgn said:
tfridgen":1n1tqhgn said:
Which Vectors are 600W? I can't find them except for the Steve Lukather model that seems to be discontinued....

Also discontinued I would imagine, or that may be the only one that they had made with a single 15"?

I own the 400w and the 600w. I prefer the sag of the SL 600. The 400 is way tighter. Too bad they discontinued them. I look everyday for used ones because I want a few more. I sure as fuck don't need them but it would round out my man cave nicely. I have one I use for live because it's pretty beat up.

Gsxrbusa":c6o1r9qp said:
tfridgen":c6o1r9qp said:

maddnotez":c6o1r9qp said:
tfridgen":c6o1r9qp said:

Also discontinued I would imagine, or that may be the only one that they had made with a single 15"?

I own the 400w and the 600w. I prefer the sag of the SL 600. The 400 is way tighter. Too bad they discontinued them. I look everyday for used ones because I want a few more. I sure as fuck don't need them but it would round out my man cave nicely. I have one I use for live because it's pretty beat up.

There's two right now on CL for $500.

Austin and Indie.

Someone buy one then trade for my 2x12 :)

rottingcorpse":2yfbh9xb said:
That's the one. I got one of the first ones available when they first came out. Got the second one used. The problem is their price,that's why they never sold well. There are a few out there with a knob to adjust the crossover frequency. Don't see them often. I

Peavey is making an 18" sub for guitar now. Way cheaper. Will probably score one to see how they compare to the ISP stuff.

Lemme know how it is Brolivia Newton-John

Meeotch":2yfbh9xb said:
Thanks to McLeanAB's input, I picked up a Theta Combo on ebay a couple years ago.

112854865_large_5ef216.jpg

No doubt the thing crushes. Buying it before trying was interesting, because I was expecting the sub to accentuate that kick-you-in-the-chest, thumpy attack of palm mutes, but the ground it covers is actually lower than said frequency, at least in standard tuning. What you get is a totally round, 3d wall of sound that will make you gawk. The attack frequency of palm mutes is still handled by the guitar speaker, so I recommend pairing with something ballsy like a Swamp Thang or K100, at least in the combo. I would love to try a G12H-75 as well. The stock T75 does ok, but not my favorite. I tried a V30 and it sounded super wimpy. Certainly the standalone subs paired with most any 4x12 will demolish everything in their path.

Overall I'm super happy with the Theta Combo, and the Theta preamp is not to be missed! Best SS gain I have heard.

Sweet! I had one at one point and got rid of it. I shouldn't have. :cry:

tstern66":7y0i64qz said:
I think Friedman makes a cab with 2 12's and 2 15's.

I would like to try one!

maddnotez":7y0i64qz said:
Gsxrbusa":7y0i64qz said:
tfridgen":7y0i64qz said:

maddnotez":7y0i64qz said:
tfridgen":7y0i64qz said:

Austin and Indie.

Wonder If they would ship? It's a heavy bitch and most peeps won't ship but if they need to move it then maybe so. :dunno:

Gsxrbusa":h96rn1qx said:
tstern66":h96rn1qx said:

I would like to try one!

maddnotez":h96rn1qx said:
Gsxrbusa":h96rn1qx said:
tfridgen":h96rn1qx said:

maddnotez":h96rn1qx said:
tfridgen":h96rn1qx said:

Austin and Indie.

Wonder If they would ship? It's a heavy bitch and most peeps won't ship but if they need to move it then maybe so. :dunno:

I offered the closer guy a trade for my 2x12 but he declined. I would have drove to Indy, sadly.

Considering trying to sell my cab to buy this but I don't like doing that. By the time I
Have the $ it will be gone with my luck.

maddnotez":3jzc1w5a said:
Gsxrbusa":3jzc1w5a said:
tstern66":3jzc1w5a said:

I would like to try one!

Gsxrbusa":3jzc1w5a said:
tfridgen":3jzc1w5a said:

tfridgen":3jzc1w5a said:

Austin and Indie.

I offered the closer guy a trade for my 2x12 but he declined. I would have drove to Indy, sadly.

Considering trying to sell my cab to buy this but I don't like doing that. By the time I
Have the $ it will be gone with my luck.

Dang. That blows.

moltenmetalburn":1k2l841j said:
Subs are a cool and fun visceral experience for solo bedroom play.

Completely useless/detrimental for live. Will muddy stage and all be trimmed off before FOH.
This. Guitar is a midrange spectrum occupying instrument.

Gsxrbusa":2dadr6dr said:
Sweet! I had one at one point and got rid of it. I shouldn't have. :cry:

They are pretty hard to find these days. I saved a search on ebay for it, and months later one popped up for $450! It had a faulty decimator circuit, so I removed the preamp and mailed it to ISP. Bill at ISP totally took care of me, fixed the circuit, and agreed to my request to mod the effects loop from parallel to series. Can't say enough great things about Bill and Buck over there.

I've been on the lookout for a Vector 112 400 watt sub but haven't found a single one used. The 600 watt, along with the new Peavey 6505 sub are just so damn heavy, I can't bring myself to buy one. Maybe once I got it into my basement it could just stay there :LOL: :LOL:

D-Rock":2q9db01b said:
Guitar is a midrange spectrum occupying instrument.

Really? Wow,I had no idea. Guess that's what that midrange knob on my amp is for. Thanks for the info,Captain Obvious. :thumbsup: And also note that lots of great metal music has been recorded with scooped mids. What works for one isn't always what everyone wants.

Welcome to the new world of extended range gear. If used properly,all sorts of new sounds could be available to anyone who wants to try them. For myself,I love that the crossover keeps the lower frequencies out of the guitar speakers,keeping my guitar cab tight.

2 more notes. There is a volume control on these subs. They can always be turned down to suit the situation. And like everything else with music....both recorded and live....it's all about frequency layering.

Meeotch":3eeqh7it said:
Thanks to McLeanAB's input, I picked up a Theta Combo on ebay a couple years ago.

No doubt the thing crushes. Buying it before trying was interesting, because I was expecting the sub to accentuate that kick-you-in-the-chest, thumpy attack of palm mutes, but the ground it covers is actually lower than said frequency, at least in standard tuning. What you get is a totally round, 3d wall of sound that will make you gawk. The attack frequency of palm mutes is still handled by the guitar speaker, so I recommend pairing with something ballsy like a Swamp Thang or K100, at least in the combo. I would love to try a G12H-75 as well. The stock T75 does ok, but not my favorite. I tried a V30 and it sounded super wimpy. Certainly the standalone subs paired with most any 4x12 will demolish everything in their path.

Overall I'm super happy with the Theta Combo, and the Theta preamp is not to be missed! Best SS gain I have heard.

I had a Swamp Thang in mine for a while... tried the Governor and it was pretty good... then had a Man O War in there for quite some time with a Man O War in the Vector 2x12 as well... now I have 65 watt Creambacks in both and it's AMAZING.... woody, clear, chunky as fuck. Might have found it's match...

Glad you are still enjoying your Combo... did you get the metal grill from Buck? Mine still has the cloth grill, but my Vector has the metal grill... apparently, when turning up nice and loud, it was rattling the wood on the grill!

And, hey! Meeotch!

I'd love to see more pics of that beast! (I mean the Theta Combo... don't be disgusting you freaks! :) )

I have the ISP 15 Lukater model and it is massive sounding, i love it. It has already been said a 1000 times but, i does clear up your cab and tightens everything up in the lows. Just gives your cab an awesome middy crunch and gets you a nice kinda 3D tone.

I got mine years ago from Derek B, rock solid amps was his company name. Back in the HC days!!!!!!

The above lava lamp should be falling off the amp. We watched my Herbert almost march off my cab when we did amp testing. Tom has videos where the sub is shaking the camera from 10 feet away while he does palm mute chugs.

rottingcorpse":155zvrxk said:
The above lava lamp should be falling off the amp. We watched my Herbert almost march off my cab when we did amp testing. Tom has videos where the sub is shaking the camera from 10 feet away while he does palm mute chugs.

Never! It's the light that guides me!!!!

I've never had it up quite loud enough to move it... one of these days....

(and I love your signature quotes... reminds me of some early X-Men comics actually... but that's a different kind of geeking out....)

Back