Luxxtone vs Custom Shop Charvel with Similar specs

I love my Charvel Custom Shop. Probably one of the top playing guitars I've ever held. I can't help with a direct comparison but I've heard that the quality and playability are likely very similar. It'll likely come down to if you want a guitar from a small company or the large original company. One thing to consider is resale. You'll have a larger market with the Charvel compared to the Luxxtone. Also, I believe the Charvels are still made in the same shop by many of the same people and machinery that were used in the early days of the company. Might be worthwhile to take advantage of that while you can.

232cap":2d9tdg0q said:
Im sure you can throw in a Chubtone guitar with those other 2 guitars choices also.

For one third of the cost. :LOL: :LOL:

If you can't try before you buy OP, go Charvel.

I've never played a Luxx, I'm sure they are great. But I've had 3 Charvel customs, and all 3 were phenomenal guitars. Top notch.

Luxxtones to me, any day. Great playing and sounding guitars. You can configure whatever you want, would be reason enough to me. A little more handmade feeling (which I prefer). Pickups are much better imho, some of the best in industry. As are all parts like the Floyd etc. And finally they build some of the coolest looking guitars today. Love what they do. Each instrument is a piece of art on itself. Watch their sold page and you see what I mean.

And price wise they are really competitive even though they are a small shop.

Alex_S":y6nic6o5 said:
Luxxtones to me, any day. Great playing and sounding guitars. You can configure whatever you want, would be reason enough to me. A little more handmade feeling (which I prefer). Pickups are much better imho, some of the best in industry. As are all parts like the Floyd etc. And finally they build some of the coolest looking guitars today. Love what they do. Each instrument is a piece of art on itself. Watch their sold page and you see what I mean.

I agree Luxxtones are great guitars!! I own one Luxxtone and 2 Charvel Custom Shops with one being a build per my specs and the other bought as is. To me they are fairly equal and would not hesitate to buy another Luxxtone, if desired. I have a Chubtone order in too! I am buying the Chubtone based on Curt's knowledge of the older Charvel's and great customer service as well as the testimonies by owners of these guitars here on RT.

metalmaniac93":1od0dv51 said:
Alex_S":1od0dv51 said:

I agree Luxxtones are great guitars!! I own one Luxxtone and 2 Charvel Custom Shops with one being a build per my specs and the other bought as is. To me they are fairly equal and would not hesitate to buy another Luxxtone, if desired. I have a Chubtone order in too! I am buying the Chubtone based on Curt's knowledge of the older Charvel's and great customer service as well as the testimonies by owners of these guitars here on RT.

Let us know what you think about the Chubtone when you have it. I am curious how they compare...

Alex_S":3u180vev said:
metalmaniac93":3u180vev said:
Alex_S":3u180vev said:

Let us know what you think about the Chubtone when you have it. I am curious how they compare...

Will do, but die hard Charvel owners and aficionados say they are just as good. My build is about 4 months or so out.

There is something special about the Custom Shop Charvel necks, and I'm not just talking about the flat, shred friendly board, but the ultra refined feeling backside, no other neck I've owned has quite matched that smoothness, it's like silk honestly. The Luxx stuff does look sexy though and owners swear they're top notch. I don't see a wrong/bad choice here. Good luck!

Crunchity":30ydnt6g said:
There is something special about the Custom Shop Charvel necks, and I'm not just talking about the flat, shred friendly board, but the ultra refined feeling backside, no other neck I've owned has quite matched that smoothness, it's like silk honestly. The Luxx stuff does look sexy though and owners swear they're top notch. I don't see a wrong/bad choice here. Good luck!
I have both a Luxx and a CS Custom Shop...both are great for sure. Having said that, for the superb quality, $$ (and really quick turnaround), you simply can't beat what Curt (Chubtone) is doing these days.

I have had both and who did I pick for my next build? Luxxtone. The Charvels are nice, but I think the Luxxtones are made better and have more mojo to me.

I have 2 Luxxtones and 10 CS Charvels at the moment. You can't go wrong with either, they're pretty much interchangeable to me in terms of neck feel, quality/tone, etc.

My absolute favorite player out of the whole bunch (and they are all seriously great)? A Luxxtone.

Back