I can't stop buying amps

rottingcorpse":3tz22eoz said:
I finally stopped buying amps a while back. Been trading a bit,but not adding to the horde.

Been buying guns instead. Gonna use them for a home invasion of gsxrbusa's basement....to add to my collection of amps.

Ok,maybe I still have a problem....

It's not an invasion if your invited. Or wait, maybe that's about raping. Meh, either way I'm game. :confused:

peckhart":3tz22eoz said:
rottingcorpse":3tz22eoz said:
I finally stopped buying amps a while back. Been trading a bit,but not adding to the horde.

Been buying guns instead. Gonna use them for a home invasion of gsxrbusa's basement....to add to my collection of amps.

Ok,maybe I still have a problem....

Grab his slippers while you are there.

Touch my slippers and there will be blood. :gethim: :LOL: :LOL:

lowmantotempole":29w0lk01 said:
Mailman1971":29w0lk01 said:
I am up to 8 amps. Most I had at one time in years. :LOL: :LOL:

Rookie...

LOL. I'm up to 8 too I guess. Wow. I thought I had a really bad problem until I read this thread. I can't hold a candle to some of you guys. I feel a little better now...

Jayy":19j4e23r said:
lowmantotempole":19j4e23r said:
Mailman1971":19j4e23r said:

Rookie...

LOL. I'm up to 8 too I guess. Wow. I thought I had a really bad problem until I read this thread. I can't hold a candle to some of you guys. I feel a little better now...

You have some great amps!

So far this year, a Herbert and an Artemis, a Skervesen build in progress, a Bogner 2x12 cab, 2 Suhr guitars, Fryette PS2 and Suhr RL and a bunch of pedals, several new BKP pickups, some software virtual instruments, a camera, accessories and Final Cut software. AND even though (other than a SLO) I can't think of anything I "need" (as if I need a SLO, ha) I STILL find myself browsing classifieds, CL and Reverb EVERY damn day.

But I can justify because the Herbert was a trade :)

Its a real problem for me..... I just bought two marshall slash 2555's in the last few weeks. I really dont need anything.. but I have to have them.. lol i'm fucked

mooncobra":1golddzx said:
Jayy":1golddzx said:
lowmantotempole":1golddzx said:
Mailman1971":1golddzx said:

Rookie...

You have some great amps!

Thank you. I'm really thankful to have them. I actually scraped and saved to do it without debt or sacrificing trying to fund my retirement or putting myself in a bind. But, I don't spend money on boats, new cars every 2 years, or motorcycles (I got over motorcycles a few years ago) and to me amps are much more fun. I just wish I had other people to play with around here. This area sucks as far as the music scene goes, unless you're into bluegrass.

I just checked my Paypal account just to see if I would be surprised at how things add up. Maybe I'm unaware of how much crap I keep buying. Pfft, I'm not nearly as bad as I thought. I still have a custom guitar build going from last year but it appears to be getting real close. Other than that this year it's just 5 pedals, a Truetone One Spot Pro, a variac, a Marshall 6100LM, and a MF280A 4x12. But I've sold a bunch of pedals so those 5 new pedals don't count right?

I've got some catching up to do.

I don't have the money to buy all the amps I want but I don't want to trade the ones I have lol. AX8!!! I have a Shiva, probably my favorite amp!

It's perfectly normal, there's so many great amps out there. You can't stop gassing over them, if you never tried them.

I would love to try Diezel VH4 and Herbert, a Wizard MTL, a SLO, the new Peters Firejack and Bodyhammer, a Mezzabarba M0 Overdrive, most of the Komets, a Stephenson, etc... But I'm out of room to store them right now. So I'll have to wait.

GAS Cure: Get married. Will stop it cold in most cases. If married and it still persists, get divorced.

Elric":1lkpj1s3 said:
GAS Cure: Get married. Will stop it cold in most cases. If married and it still persists, get divorced.
:LOL: :LOL:

so true....I am sitting here today thinking of ways of how I can hide this next purchase from the wife.

jkdsteve":qqomji20 said:
Elric":qqomji20 said:

My wife hates my GAS...LOL

Mine too.

As far as gear gas I do my best to keep it away from her.
When I ordered my new Splawn I purposely picked identical cosmetics so it would blend in. I have stuff sent to my drummers business to avoid large boxes that draw attention.

peckhart":1v6jtuhg said:
jkdsteve":1v6jtuhg said:
Elric":1v6jtuhg said:

My wife hates my GAS...LOL

Mine too.

As far as gear gas I do my best to keep it away from her.
When I ordered my new Splawn I purposely picked identical cosmetics so it would blend in. I have stuff sent to my drummers business to avoid large boxes that draw attention.

LOL..

It could be worse, right? Lots worse to be addicted to.....

Man, if I sit and try to add up the money I've spent on gear in the last 6 years...

Ugh.

Not quite up on the quantity but I did buy a pair of Mark IIC+ last month to go with my JP2C. Keeping one a + & Mike just turned the other into a ++. That was a big fat GAS-X pill if I've ever eaten one. :D

Back