I can't stop buying amps

I'm out of room for more gear, including guitars, amps and synths.

To get something new, something I have would need to go to make room...the only thing I'm selling (on local CL) is my Vox AC15H1TV

I'm only at 2. I sold one over the weekend and bought one to replace it!
Some of you gents have amazing collections of amps!

i cant stop thinking about amps lately, i have some cool amps but i made the mistake of playing a friedman jerry cantrell jj a couple months ago and i tried to resisit buying one but i couldnt take it anymore and bought one last week, i still wanna get another vh4 to add to the wall of doom and maybe a butterslax.

Congrats on the Sheevs!

I've had my 20th for a year and and really dig it. Its my main gigging amp because it's so versatile.

Also, you're not done yet. You NEED an SLO. I picked one up recently. Amazing tone. For me, it has THE sound.

Just read a piece about a man that owned 50 vintage BMWs, I´m sure he started out just like all of us at one point and then the slope of GAS just got more and more slippery... made me think twice about starting to hide incoming stuff from the wife, that´s for sure :LOL: :LOL:

Fortunately, my recent business travel has cut into my GAS shopping. The other day I impulse bid on a JCM800 I really don't need, but didn't win it. The fact that I was in a hotel when doing that, that another guitar was delivered to my house an hour after I left for the airport and that I'm headed back out on the road next week is making me realize I won't have time to enjoy any new toys for a while. I also impulse bought a Dan Wesson Valor last week and will be very lucky if I get to shoot it within three weeks.

Racerxrated":2jyjid9s said:
It could be worse, right? Lots worse to be addicted to.....

^^^
This X 1,000,000 :thumbsup:

When I think of the numerous friends and relatives I've lost to addiction, I think to myself, spending money on such a positive creative outlet aint such a bad thing really.

nevusofota":2v2wa53v said:
Congrats on the Sheevs!

I've had my 20th for a year and and really dig it. Its my main gigging amp because it's so versatile.

Also, you're not done yet. You NEED an SLO. I picked one up recently. Amazing tone. For me, it has THE sound.

I would love a SLO...they sound great. I had always stayed away because of the price tag, but I have been buying more expensive amps the past 2 years and could flip some to get one if I really, really wanted to. Bigger issue though is I thought I read somewhere that either the amp is PPIMV or some other limitation with the loop does not allow you to stick a clean boost in the loop to volume bump for leads. That is crucial for me as I don't have a regular sound guy I can rely on to juice me up when I break into a lead. I have to be able to control that either with an on board solo boost volume control or a loop that can take a GE7 set to boost the volume level.

AndyK":2qllqlmy said:
Never mind the amp problem, you also have a blue Charvel problem!

lol...you got that right. I am down to zero again though. If metalsoup ever wants to sell the one I got from you and sold to him I would jump on it in a heart beat. For now I am sticking to my LP Axcess'.

peckhart":17v8qa0t said:
nevusofota":17v8qa0t said:
Congrats on the Sheevs!

I would love a SLO...they sound great. I had always stayed away because of the price tag, but I have been buying more expensive amps the past 2 years and could flip some to get one if I really, really wanted to. Bigger issue though is I thought I read somewhere that either the amp is PPIMV or some other limitation with the loop does not allow you to stick a clean boost in the loop to volume bump for leads. That is crucial for me as I don't have a regular sound guy I can rely on to juice me up when I break into a lead. I have to be able to control that either with an on board solo boost volume control or a loop that can take a GE7 set to boost the volume level.
What many do, as well as myself, is make the SLO in essence a 3 channel amp. I set the clean channel to a slight break up, add a TS style boost on this same channel channel to increase gain for rhythm, then use the amps overdrive channel set to a higher volume as my lead sound.

I have 7 amps and am GASing for a Soldano HR25. Currently saving up. Thing is I have other things I could use more and would be more useful, but I have always wanted a Soldano and I feel like now is the time.

Used to have a gear budget, than house renovations came up and that got cut that off, so now I am repairing amps in addition to my regular job to fund my gear habit. The nice thing is I have gotten to try some really cool amps after I get them up and running ('58 Fender Champ, '72 Fender Deluxe Reverb, '72 Fender Super Reverb, Mesa Single Rectifier, Jet City JCA20). Problem is for every cool amp I get to fix, I have to fix 2 to 3 that are along the lines of a cheap SS crate or cold solder joint crates as I call them now.

Back