BE-100 owners

Red_Label":230wccpx said:
Rdodson":230wccpx said:
Yeah, but ask Mike Soldano if he could have a do-over in his marketing approach to the SLO which has never changed basic spec. He'll openly admit his biggest competition is himself as there are x-number of SLO's out there at 50% the price of a new one.

The negative feedback update is really a preference thing. Those guys wanting "open & raw" will like it, those wanting "tight and angry" will prefer the old spec.

Great point!

And as irritating as it can be that Dave is always updating his stuff (for those who've bought an earlier model)... on the other hand it's great that he's always tweaking and tinkering, trying to improve it. Behemoths like Fender, Marshall, etc never cared that much. They were obviously making things on a much larger scale... but even when they were catering to a much smaller number of players before solid state and PCB mass-production really took off, they didn't tweak their stuff to the same level that Dave has. Being a small, boutique builder obviously allows him to do that. Which is why it's surprising to me that Soldano never did the same. The SLO, like any other amp, has a few warts and things that could have been improved (based solely on what I've read from owners -- the SLO remains one of the few boutique rock amps that I haven't owned or played).

If Soldano doesn't fix the loop, at least add a by-pass switch (for even when nothing is in the loop). The best SLO I ever heard had a by-pass switch and you could definitely hear a big improvement when it was by-passed. The amp has a line-out, so I'd use that for effects in a W/D set up anyway.

Traded BE for Wildwood Smallbox
The BE was great but the WW SB was more versatile esp with the adj vol for the boost
Plus I love the plexi Chanel of the SB. Really wished the BE first channel was like that.
Now he BE has a lot more ass than the SB

Back