Motor City Detroiters in my Ibanez JS1200 into Peters GNL

Sounds killer!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: Love the MCPs!!! I have a couple Detroiters laying around I need to install. I am still a huge fan of the Angel Dust Pickups!!!

Loves them Motor City Pickups :rock:
I have a few different models, but I think the Detroiters are my faves.
Cool Vid :thumbsup:

metalmaniac93":2hvzmk03 said:
Sounds killer!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: Love the MCPs!!! I have a couple Detroiters laying around I need to install. I am still a huge fan of the Angel Dust Pickups!!!
Cheers Maniac! I almost purchased an Angel Dust from Wade just before he stopped making them. :doh:
I've been wanting to try one for so long.

fusedbrain":2hvzmk03 said:
Same! Love Wade's work. The only model I didn't gel with was the T-Wreck. It still sounded great, it was just very stiff feeling for my tastes compared to all my other MCP's.

firejack":1pfrqwub said:
metalmaniac93":1pfrqwub said:
Cheers Maniac! I almost purchased an Angel Dust from Wade just before he stopped making them. :doh:
I've been wanting to try one for so long.

fusedbrain":1pfrqwub said:
Same! Love Wade's work. The only model I didn't gel with was the T-Wreck. It still sounded great, it was just very stiff feeling for my tastes compared to all my other MCP's.

I have the Angel Dust in four of my guitars (2 Charvels, Luxxtone and Carvin Bolt+)!!! Kick ass high output pickup!!! I have a set of T-Wrecks in my Edwards LPC that I might swap the bridge out with the Detroiter!!

metalmaniac93":29460bm0 said:
I have the Angel Dust in four of my guitars (2 Charvels, Luxxtone and Carvin Bolt+)!!! Kick ass high output pickup!!! I have a set of T-Wrecks in my Edwards LPC that I might swap the bridge out with the Detroiter!!
Oh wow, awesome! You got any pics of your guitars? Are the Charvels custom shop or production models?
I'll have to keep an eye out for a used Angel Dust pickup. Otherwise it'll always be the one that got away. :cry:

firejack":3qjqpuck said:
metalmaniac93":3qjqpuck said:
Oh wow, awesome! You got any pics of your guitars? Are the Charvels custom shop or production models?
I'll have to keep an eye out for a used Angel Dust pickup. Otherwise it'll always be the one that got away. :cry:

I have 2 CS Charvels and 1 MIJ SoCal. One of my CS Charvel's is a Mike Learn Graphic and is basically an EVH Art Series with the ML paint job. Basswood body. I have a MCP Garuada in that one. I would attach pics but it states Board Quota Reached.

Dude, I actually have your album. Great sounding tone. I've been stuck on Bareknuckle for a while, but I find myself wanting some Motor City pups. Great thematic content on your album. I'd like to hear more lead breakouts in your music. Let me know when you put something else together.

stratjacket":1rbt389e said:
Sounds mean, awesome sound. Guessing that Peters amp had a good bit to do with it too :)
Cheers mate. :)
In a way, yes. When it all comes together through the GNL, the amp gives up great tones.
But then again, the thing I've noticed with my Peters amps is that they reveal a guitar for exactly what it is. If the guitar has any inherent issues (like soft flubby attack, lack of mids, too much bass, too bright and thin, pickups not well matched to the guitar, etc.) then you'll hear exactly that when you plug in and play. I've found that I can't disguise a bad sounding guitar through my GNL. The Gryphon model was similar in that way too. Only the Hydra model had a certain forgiveness to it. Maybe it was the extra compression and saturation it had over the other two. Whatever it was, I could get away with a lot more through my Hydra model. But the Gryphon and GNL models can be kind of unforgiving if you plug in a bad sounding guitar.

metalmaniac93":3ur311jo said:
I have 2 CS Charvels and 1 MIJ SoCal. One of my CS Charvel's is a Mike Learn Graphic and is basically an EVH Art Series with the ML paint job. Basswood body. I have a MCP Garuada in that one. I would attach pics but it states Board Quota Reached.
Damn, would be cool to see your guitars. I love superstrats! I almost ordered a Luxxtone a while back, but the currency conversion from USD to AUD and import taxes just made it impossible to do so for a reasonable price.
The Garuda is another model that was on my radar for a while. Does Wade still make those? Man I wish he'd get his website up to date.

firejack":tkorfn62 said:
metalmaniac93":tkorfn62 said:
Damn, would be cool to see your guitars. I love superstrats! I almost ordered a Luxxtone a while back, but the currency conversion from USD to AUD and import taxes just made it impossible to do so for a reasonable price.
The Garuda is another model that was on my radar for a while. Does Wade still make those? Man I wish he'd get his website up to date.

Wade does not make the Garuda anymore. It is a cool pickup. Wades's take on a JB, but tighter and less of that mid range hump that people either love or hate. I have a pair in my crappy Dean Z and an aged set laying around!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

gibson5413":z5c2y1qv said:
Sounds great Gavin!
Heya thanks Chad! Hope all is well. :thumbsup:

SavageRiffer":z5c2y1qv said:
Dude, I actually have your album. Great sounding tone. I've been stuck on Bareknuckle for a while, but I find myself wanting some Motor City pups. Great thematic content on your album. I'd like to hear more lead breakouts in your music. Let me know when you put something else together.
Oh wow! Many thanks for the kind words. :)
Ha! I get a bit self-conscious when trying to come up with a lead break for a song. I think I'm better suited to melodies and riffs. But I'll take that on board. :thumbsup:
I have enough material and ideas floating around in my head and on my data recorder to make another album. But I just need to find the time between work and kids, and also need to get out of this tiny 2 bedroom unit before I can get a comfortable recording space together and start making music again. That should be in the next few months. So hopefully I'll have some new songs down soon. :)

Man, Motor City Pickups ruined Bare Knuckle for me. After trying a couple of MCP's alongside my BKP's, I lost all interest in BKP's. I know it's subjective and rig-dependent, but for me the Motor Cities have a juicy thickness that the BKP's don't, while still managing to retain detail and clarity through the EQ spectrum. With the BKP's I owned, they were either percussive/dry or fat/warm. But Motor City pickups manage to incorporate all those qualities into the one pickup.
Keep your eye on the Rig Talk Classifieds section. MCP's come up for sale there occasionally. Or talk with/email Wade and let him help you decide what you need.

fearhk213":z5c2y1qv said:
That sounds killer. Are you boosting or is that straight in?
Thanks man. :)
When the Tech 21 Boost Delay is on, it's adding a bit of boost to the signal. But the riffing and rhythm tones are straight in.

Gsxrbusa":z5c2y1qv said:
Sounds fantastic brother! :rock:
Cheers Tom! :thumbsup:

firejack":3rgir2t6 said:
gibson5413":3rgir2t6 said:
Sounds great Gavin!
Heya thanks Chad! Hope all is well. :thumbsup:

SavageRiffer":3rgir2t6 said:
Oh wow! Many thanks for the kind words. :)
Ha! I get a bit self-conscious when trying to come up with a lead break for a song. I think I'm better suited to melodies and riffs. But I'll take that on board. :thumbsup:
I have enough material and ideas floating around in my head and on my data recorder to make another album. But I just need to find the time between work and kids, and also need to get out of this tiny 2 bedroom unit before I can get a comfortable recording space together and start making music again. That should be in the next few months. So hopefully I'll have some new songs down soon. :)

Man, Motor City Pickups ruined Bare Knuckle for me. After trying a couple of MCP's alongside my BKP's, I lost all interest in BKP's. I know it's subjective and rig-dependent, but for me the Motor Cities have a juicy thickness that the BKP's don't, while still managing to retain detail and clarity through the EQ spectrum. With the BKP's I owned, they were either percussive/dry or fat/warm. But Motor City pickups manage to incorporate all those qualities into the one pickup.
Keep your eye on the Rig Talk Classifieds section. MCP's come up for sale there occasionally. Or talk with/email Wade and let him help you decide what you need.

fearhk213":3rgir2t6 said:
That sounds killer. Are you boosting or is that straight in?
Thanks man. :)
When the Tech 21 Boost Delay is on, it's adding a bit of boost to the signal. But the riffing and rhythm tones are straight in.

Gsxrbusa":3rgir2t6 said:
Sounds fantastic brother! :rock:
Cheers Tom! :thumbsup:
You have me wanting to revisit the detroiter again. It's been a few years, so I may need to slap it back in one of my axes. I'd really like to try an overwound one.

Sounds great! Awesome playing too!

Do any of you guys know the color difference between their vintage white and vintage ivory? The have plain white too. Basically want to know which one is double cream.

I never got my Detroiter to that point with my amps. It definitely sounds like it's case of a perfect amp/guitar/pickup combo.

metalmaniac93":foir3i46 said:
Wade does not make the Garuda anymore. It is a cool pickup. Wades's take on a JB, but tighter and less of that mid range hump that people either love or hate. I have a pair in my crappy Dean Z and an aged set laying around!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I'm keeping my eye out for a Garuda and an Angel Dust on the used market. Actually I almost snagged an Angel Dust on the RT Classifieds a while back, but fellow forumite Halebox beat me to it. Damn you Hale. :gethim: :D

fearhk213":foir3i46 said:
You have me wanting to revisit the detroiter again. It's been a few years, so I may need to slap it back in one of my axes. I'd really like to try an overwound one.
Do it! :rock:

SpiderWars":foir3i46 said:
Sounds great! Awesome playing too!

Do any of you guys know the color difference between their vintage white and vintage ivory? The have plain white too. Basically want to know which one is double cream.
Cheers. :thumbsup:
Flick an email over to Wade and he'll get back to you within a couple days.

lowmantotempole":foir3i46 said:
I never got my Detroiter to that point with my amps. It definitely sounds like it's case of a perfect amp/guitar/pickup combo.
Yeah this particular Ibanez JS1200 sounds wicked. I've owned quite a number of Prestige & Artist model Ibbys in my time including one other JS1200, and none of them sounded anything remotely like this one. Couldn't believe my luck when I came across it in a local store on the used guitar rack.

Back