Germino vs Metropoulos vs Bray vs Ceriatone

SavageRiffer":160zyww9 said:
Dude that sounds badass. I don't know if I could give up my Helios for one. The Helios is warmer and a bit thicker, but not sure if I could get close to that sound.

Thanks. Yeah, it is an awesome sounding amp and I love it. I just wish my playing could do it justice. I'm trying to practice more and improve, but I'm not feeling good about my playing at all lately.

Absolutely loving my new Germino club 40. Classic rock heaven! I'm thinking its probably not the level of gain your talking about though. Haven't played the others.

To confuse you more, check out the new SuperPlex from Metropoulos

Its a beast of an amp, with KT66 power tubes it delivers the JTM Marshall sound and beyond. More Gain, Boost,, effects loop. A solid winner for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgc71i0MNJw

You know that raw Marshall grind, not polished at all. And the in between shades of overdrive is all there, i mean spectrum of the transition from Clean to Mean is very wide. Its not modern and tight at all, but it has a good amount of low end nonethless.

MetalHeadMike":2nkwvi5e said:
Absolutely loving my new Germino club 40. Classic rock heaven! I'm thinking its probably not the level of gain your talking about though. Haven't played the others.

Yes, awesome amp. The one I've been looking at lately is the Lead 35... loud but manageable at lower volumes.

born_hard":2nkwvi5e said:
To confuse you more, check out the new SuperPlex from Metropoulos

Its a beast of an amp, with KT66 power tubes it delivers the JTM Marshall sound and beyond. More Gain, Boost,, effects loop. A solid winner for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgc71i0MNJw

You know that raw Marshall grind, not polished at all. And the in between shades of overdrive is all there, i mean spectrum of the transition from Clean to Mean is very wide. Its not modern and tight at all, but it has a good amount of low end nonethless.

Yeah I've seen that at Destroy All Guitars. That's an amp to keep an eye on.

I'm pretty happy with my Chupacabra. One of the best amps I've ever owned. I don't play hair metal or VH shit, though. Mostly modern rock and prog metal and I EQ the amp for a heavier sound with more growl and snarl; less hair and brown sound.

FourT6and2":1tnbasn3 said:
I'm pretty happy with my Chupacabra. One of the best amps I've ever owned. I don't play hair metal or VH shit, though. Mostly modern rock and prog metal and I EQ the amp for a heavier sound with more growl and snarl; less hair and brown sound.

Yep. Me too. The Chupacabra is a great amp.

FourT6and2":ql0kz7we said:

I will own the Chupacabra someday :rock:

I almost bought one a few weeks ago thinking it would have gotten me the classic rock tones I was after. But after your comments, and after reading more about it/listening to clips,I decided it wouldn't have been the right fit for the late 60's cleaner break up tones I was going for.

At first I thought I wanted another high gainer that could pull off convincing classic rock when needed, but I decided I already had that in other amps. I then realized I wanted as pure a late 60's early 70's classic rock tone as I could get and went with the Club 40. Now I need to get my hands on a 412 loaded with Heritage G12Ms, or EVHs which are the same damn speaker for $25 less a pop :confused:

MetalHeadMike":xbgfb216 said:
FourT6and2":xbgfb216 said:

I will own the Chupacabra someday :rock:

I almost bought one a few weeks ago thinking it would have gotten me the classic rock tones I was after. But after your comments, and after reading more about it/listening to clips,I decided it wouldn't have been the right fit for the late 60's cleaner break up tones I was going for.

At first I thought I wanted another high gainer that could pull off convincing classic rock when needed, but I decided I already had that in other amps. I then realized I wanted as pure a late 60's early 70's classic rock tone as I could get and went with the Club 40. Now I need to get my hands on a 412 loaded with Heritage G12Ms, or EVHs which are the same damn speaker for $25 less a pop :confused:

Believe it or not, but the Chinese G12M-25s sound the best to me, compared to the other Greenback versions (Heritage, EVH, etc.).

^^^
Listening to the comparisons George did on his site, I believe it! I actually think the regular 12Ms had more presence and they sounded a touch more articulate, from the clip at least.

Reason I am leaning towards the Heritage 12Ms is for the lower efficiency and for a touch more compression. Also, from what I've read it seems like most guys playing the Club 40 seem to prefer the Heritage 12Ms with that amp over the RI GBs...Although we know how that goes because next month they'll like the RI GBs better :LOL: :LOL:

I'll probably flip flop between those two speakers quite a bit more before pulling the trigger :doh:

MetalHeadMike":176exvmz said:
^^^
Listening to the comparisons George did on his site, I believe it! I actually think the regular 12Ms had more presence and they sounded a touch more articulate, from the clip at least.

Reason I am leaning towards the Heritage 12Ms is for the lower efficiency and for a touch more compression. Also, from what I've read it seems like most guys playing the Club 40 seem to prefer the Heritage 12Ms with that amp over the RI GBs...Although we know how that goes because next month they'll like the RI GBs better :LOL: :LOL:

I'll probably flip flop between those two speakers quite a bit more before pulling the trigger :doh:

Seems like you've done your research :)

Back