Who here has the Friedman SS100?

mooncobra

I got one a while ago and I am loving it. Many awesome tones can be dialed in. Plus, the clean channel is pretty damn good! I still use my Cusack Screamer for a boost, but the built in boost is pretty cool. I just prefer the Cusack to that. But man, what a great amp. I am using a 4 x 12 with the Celestion G12H30 70th anniv models. It sounds great. But at some point I would like to try the 2 x vintage 30 and greenback cab with it. I have never been a big fan of Vintage 30s, but with the greenbacks, who knows? Anyone play 4 x g12h30 with their ss100, but also have played the Friedman cab, and what do you like better, why?

thanks!

who here has the ss100? what do you use with it?

The Friedman arrangement really makes the clean channel sing, and adds some low-end definition. I think it is a better match than the G12H30, which to me has always had a bit of a phone-line sound to it. The Friedman cab gets the vintage vibe with a modern extension to the eq.

I ran mine with the Marshall labeled V30tys and it sounded decent tried it with Scumback J75s and H-75 Creambacks I finally settled on Lynchbacks love those .

Back