PSA: SLO on fleebay with low opening bid

BackCrack

Not affiliated with the seller, but there's a day left on a stock '04 SLO with a 2k opening bid. Fresh pwr tubes, too. If you're still feeling the SLO love from the other week, break out the Visa. :D

SLO auction

The secret to getting a high final price on eBay is starting with a low opening bid and no reserve. A lot of sellers don't have the 'nads but it always works out to the seller's advantage.

Elric":1d6tbgth said:
The secret to getting a high final price on eBay is starting with a low opening bid and no reserve. A lot of sellers don't have the 'nads but it always works out to the seller's advantage.

Agreed, I don't have the nads, haha. But I do miss those days of actually bidding and the excitement of trying to get a deal. It kind of sucks to do a search on something and there's 450 items in the results, then click on the Auction tab to remove all the Buy It Now, and then there's only 3 or something.

His BIN price is slightly below market, but not a total steal. I might be selling mine soon, but need to figure out the true market value vs. how much I'll regret selling it years from now.

I've been wondering what market is for second hand SLO's and Soldano cabs. There's a local guy who's had a full SLO stack up on ebay for local-pickup only. I keep thinking I might pick it up once the price gets down. It started at $4500 for the stack. Mutliple auctions got the BIN down to $3750 which started to get me interested, but I didn't bid. I was really interested to see where it went and then he's jumped it back up to $4500.

The current auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soldano-SLO-100 ... SwnHZYhA3C

I sold my minty Soldano 4x12 for $500 three years after I paid that for it at the local GC. There's another one for sale locally, also for $500. A full stack should be $1000 plus the cost of the head, so $3700 tops.

Yeah, I'd thought $3750 was in the range that of what it's really worth. When it hit that $3750 I was hoping to see him get it down to $3500, then I'd offer a little lower. Right now, he has to wait until someone is willing to both pay the going rate and be local enough to pick it up.

I already have a SLO and I have two 1970's Marshall cabs with original G12-65's in them. I have absolutely no reason to pick it up if it isn't a very good deal.

Back