God help me! Possibly the greatest VH tone/profiles ever

I've got them and now I pretty much always practice with the VHII profile. They are all VERY good...

Steve

sah5150":30i9ui1k said:
I've got them and now I pretty much always practice with the VHII profile. They are all VERY good...

Steve

Steve, really respect your opinion on these...they're really that good? sound amazing!

Kemper profiles do sound really good.. when I hear them back to back with the real amp, I sort of feel that they are a bit fizzier and flatter but on their own or in a mix, I can't tell the difference. I guess guitar players just need to decide if they want to write/play music, or agonize over small tone details. Still think Kemper needs to come out with a more affordable 10 amp storage device vs the big daddy as I can't get close to afford one of those right now unless I save for over a year.

sah5150":2j3ay790 said:

Steve
Cripes, that doesn't bode well for tube amps... :no:

paulyc":36svbkmc said:
sah5150":36svbkmc said:

Steve
Cripes, that doesn't bode well for tube amps... :no:
I'm talking about wanking at low volume in the living room while watching TV. No modeler beats my amps when I'm gonna get some volume behind them and really get into things. For recording VH covers though - these profiles are better than anything else I've heard if you've got the playing down...

Steve

evhfan":1iagch5c said:
sah5150":1iagch5c said:

Steve

Steve, really respect your opinion on these...they're really that good? sound amazing!
They are crazy good, however, I have another profile from a guy that will remain nameless that just NAILS VH I tone (and sorry, but I just cannot share it). No effects, but a little delay and reverb added in the DAW and it's indestinguishable from the album. For the VH II and WACF tones Top Jimi's are the best I've heard by far.

Steve

Not to be Debbie downer... the first clip sounds okay, but still fly wide of the VH mark. For me, these clips sound glassy and compressed and lack depth. 2nd clip was better.

Closest I've heard have been Rockstah's clips.

psychodave":3vvqejqk said:
Not to be Debbie downer... the first clip sounds okay, but still fly wide of the VH mark. For me, these clips sound glassy and compressed and lack depth. 2nd clip was better.

Closest I've heard have been Rockstah's clips.
I didn't listen to the clips. I'm giving my observations based on actually using these profiles in my Kemper through the Atomic CLR. I'll check out the clips tonight...

I thought Ralle500's clips were best. ;)

Steve

sah5150":28bfw7ul said:
evhfan":28bfw7ul said:
sah5150":28bfw7ul said:

Steve

They are crazy good, however, I have another profile from a guy that will remain nameless that just NAILS VH I tone (and sorry, but I just cannot share it). No effects, but a little delay and reverb added in the DAW and it's indestinguishable from the album. For the VH II and WACF tones Top Jimi's are the best I've heard by far.

Steve

Steve, what do you think about playing these profiles live with a band?

evhfan":1pyclot0 said:
sah5150":1pyclot0 said:
evhfan":1pyclot0 said:
sah5150":1pyclot0 said:

Steve

Steve

It's hard for me to say because I don't play live, but when I play the Kemper loud through a power amp and cab or FRFR, it doesn't sound nearly as good as my real amps no matter what profile is being used. As the volume increases, the gap widens. Maybe FOH and in-ear monitoring would be different. To me, where the Kemper really shines is recording and capturing amps.

For the Fractal crowd this is good video to watch and tweak along to. I did this and tweaked a little from what this guy did and got GREAT results. It's close enough for me if I feel like futtzing around with VH riffs.

Go to 12:20

sah5150":2v41ecy7 said:
evhfan":2v41ecy7 said:
evhfan":2v41ecy7 said:

Steve

Steve

It's hard for me to say because I don't play live, but when I play the Kemper loud through a power amp and cab or FRFR, it doesn't sound nearly as good as my real amps no matter what profile is being used. As the volume increases, the gap widens. Maybe FOH and in-ear monitoring would be different. To me, where the Kemper really shines is recording and capturing amps.

+100000. As cool as I think the AX8 is I'm not going to gig with it

My fave AxeFx2 preset is a VH1 tone match. Friedman BE dialed in close by ear and then tone matched to the VH1 recording. It's basically the tone that got me chasing gear... right at my finger tips at any volume I want. I'm sure the KPA crushes it too. It's truly insane.

Same rig can switch straight to early Metallica, to Blackmore era Deep Purple, Nuno PG on to Ratt Lay it Down. Bam. Bam. Easily cops them as good as the best amps I've had... Honestly, the problem is not getting caught up in all sh*t it can do.

I have a second one I run through a power amp and cab. This limits the absolute authenticity of cover tunes to the cab in use... but all this feel in the room stuff and complaints about the differences with FRFR is gone with that setup it is like having a 200 channel rack rig with multiple power amps.

I get the appeal of amps and analog gear... bought a number of pieces last year... but it certainly isn't the necessity any more. IMHO.

The clip sounded great, I was doing other things while playing it, but when he played House Of Pain, that made me stop and look. Very good sounds.

Holy crap.... " Somebody get me a doctor!!!! "

Sounded pretty damn good, but something about the highs seemed a little too shimmery sounding to me... but still.. *searches ebay for used Kemper*

glip22":1zt4asfc said:
Have you guys tried any of Mark Cameron's profiles?

To the best of my knowledge, Mark currently has only one profile for sale. I was interested in it but it was a bit pricy. It is a Mark Cameron "Aldrich" modded Marshal I believe. It's not a CCV. But here is a Kemper forum members review of it:

I found the amp very dynamic in the gain range with Tonehammars marshal cab, i did not find it as good for my needs (may be suitable for others tho) when cleaning it up (volume swells) for cleans and crunch compared to other profiles, but what it could do via mid range gain was very impressive. (top 5 for me )
Strat did well and the Gibson really shined on the mid gain.

Now I am pleased to add that the nagging he put up with from me and feedback from you guys has paid off
As Jason informs me they have plans for packs for the next few releases that are coming very soon
current Aldrich people will probably get bonuses in the future as they release more profiles (he tells me)

They will have either a clean or mid to low gain setting or more (so not one profile etc)
J tells me they have plans for a Jose HG LG and a Modern mod along with a Fender Bassman Mark modded. These will ALL be sold as packs.
Also Anyone that wants to support them will help them in the future of getting bigger and better packs out there.

Okay, now just because the clean and crunch was not good for my needs does not mean it may not be for you, the mid range for me was very impressive.

Back